User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:32 PM

I'm very disappointed with the Live CD.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile At You AND If You Were My Love?! Foaming at the mouth.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:06 PM
dawn_amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Smile At You AND If You Were My Love?! Foaming at the mouth.
Yay!!! So happy!
Old 05-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Ledgie

Great!

Are the recordings from the live cd the same as from the live video we know?
And the Gypsy video version is slightly shorter than the one that was on The Chain boxset, right?
Old 05-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes you definitely are.

Let me re-phrase. My interest in the earlier versions of theses songs really peaked.

Peak - to bring to a maximum
Pique - to provoke or arouse

Don't mess with me kid, I have the home court advantage
I once peeked into a cracked door, to pique my interest, and peak my abilities. Is that correct usage?
Old 05-10-2016, 06:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

having a remastered mirage is nice but I can't understand why they can release the AUDIO of the forum show but not the video that we all have been wanting since 1982? to me that's the real gem. that sotm performance is what everyone remembers i'm excited to be getting what we are getting but i'm also going to be disappointed. this was the way to release it because no one will ever buy it as a stand alone dvd. #missed opportunity
Old 05-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

This release does seem like it will be great. A very unexpected release as well.

My only complaint (and, I know, first world problems here...): why not a whole live show? The Mirage setlist was one of the best the band ever put together. I was really hoping that, like with the Tusk redux, that we would get an entire set from the tour. A live version of Brown Eyes would have been fantastic to add to the collection. And, other than the Live in Boston 2003 DVD, we do not have any official live release of Second Hand News...which is just strange, seeing as how it is so popular. I love the Mirage HBO concert but it was very Lindsey heavy. A few more tracks from Christine and Stevie would have been nice to add to the live set with this release.

Having said all that...the remastered album is what I am really looking forward to. Mirage has always been a beautiful album, but the incredibly bad mastering it received with the initial CD transfer really dulled the album's true artistic value. It will be nice to listen to the entire album, remastered, on my sound system.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:58 PM

^^^^ I am really looking forward to the sound.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I once peeked into a cracked door, to pique my interest, and peak my abilities. Is that correct usage?
Ha!
I am not sure. You will have to ask the other poster. I must admit I sometimes post before work early in the morning and have run on sentences too
Not sure if he is the same guy that called out Christine because Hold Me is not grammatically correct LMAO
I am here to talk about the Mac, not diagram sentences
Old 05-10-2016, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
This release does seem like it will be great. A very unexpected release as well.

My only complaint (and, I know, first world problems here...): why not a whole live show? The Mirage setlist was one of the best the band ever put together. I was really hoping that, like with the Tusk redux, that we would get an entire set from the tour. A live version of Brown Eyes would have been fantastic to add to the collection. And, other than the Live in Boston 2003 DVD, we do not have any official live release of Second Hand News...which is just strange, seeing as how it is so popular. I love the Mirage HBO concert but it was very Lindsey heavy. A few more tracks from Christine and Stevie would have been nice to add to the live set with this release.

Having said all that...the remastered album is what I am really looking forward to. Mirage has always been a beautiful album, but the incredibly bad mastering it received with the initial CD transfer really dulled the album's true artistic value. It will be nice to listen to the entire album, remastered, on my sound system.

Your thoughts are mine exactly.
I am a bit disappointed only the Mirage tour songs we have seen and heard live are the ones that are being released. But the sound will be amazing. There were some great songs played during that tour but it seems they are locked away forever never to be heard.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The one thing I was hoping for was a full live set from 1982. I'm excited for the remasters and the long Gypsy and If You Were My Love but I really wanted a full live set. The Mirage set was really good, they played Sara, Hold Me, and You Make Loving Fun all three in a row, those are my three favorite Fleetwood Mac songs.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 05-10-2016 at 07:47 PM..
Old 05-10-2016, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My 2 cents:

First---What is Candle in the Window?

One the plus side, there is a lot of cool stuff (IYWML, SAY) . I love those live songs (Sisters of the Moon, Love in Store, Eyes of the World, Blue Letter, and no Dreams live, thank good ness), so having them on CD will be great. And there is something new that I've never heard of (Put a Candle in the Window...is that a Stevie song? It sounds like one).

It's really too bad that there is no DVD with concert video. But they can release the next deluxe version with that in a few years and we'll all buy it again (See Rumours and Tusk reissues).

A lot will depend on how different the alternate and early versions are from the ones that made it to Mirage. If they are only slightly different, then it's not that big a deal. IF they are really different, like the alternate Tusk, then it will something really special. Also, I don't understand what the DVD tracks 13 through 20 are.

Kevin

Last edited by pattyfan; 05-10-2016 at 09:42 PM..
Old 05-11-2016, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Ha!
I am not sure. You will have to ask the other poster. I must admit I sometimes post before work early in the morning and have run on sentences too
Not sure if he is the same guy that called out Christine because Hold Me is not grammatically correct LMAO
I am here to talk about the Mac, not diagram sentences
I concur. While I am a bit of a spelling Nazi, I try not to take it to extremes.

There/they're/their is a thorn under my saddle, but LOSE/LOOSE is my own personal Hell. "I'm about to loose my mind", makes me wanna go Postal!!!

I've always thought "Skies The Limit" was biggest Chris faux pas...
Old 05-11-2016, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I concur. While I am a bit of a spelling Nazi, I try not to take it to extremes.

There/they're/their is a thorn under my saddle, but LOSE/LOOSE is my own personal Hell. "I'm about to loose my mind", makes me wanna go Postal!!!

I've always thought "Skies The Limit" was biggest Chris faux pas...
Yes but that is what makes Rock N Roll .....rock and roll. There should not be a spell check. Bob Dylan and Stevie Nicks change tense in songs back and forth. Stevie can sing a song in a different tense every night. I think its cool. How boring it would be if every lyric in rock was put through spell check.
What about Prince I WOULD DIE 4 U
Did anyone lecture him that is not proper spelling? It was his trademark.
And sometimes there are honest typos. Typing fast and your head is a ahead of your fingers.

Now, back to the Mac
Old 05-11-2016, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The track list looks good, but shame no full audio of the live Forum show or no DVD of the live show, also it seems strange to me that the label or band (or both) consistently ignore their music videos, no Gypsy or Hold Me in HD included as there was no Tusk in HD on the Tusk remaster.

Seems we will never get the live concerts or Tusk doc re-released in HD or a comp of the music videos

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource