The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a few days ago I said it woukd be nice to see them reconcile on a personal level. With the recent landslide dedication to Azoff, I say screw that. I hope he and Christine remain friends, but quite frankly who the h*ll cares if he ever performs with them as a group again. He should just move on to more exciting things that dont involve an oldies jukebox.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you for sharing this full interview. So good to read. He must feel so free now that the lawsuit is settled. Good for him finally able to get some thoughts out after such a year.

I like that he's left an open door with the band despite their betrayal and backstabbing; he doesn't have it hanging on his head that they've fizzled in such a sad way. (And he never has to go back.)

It makes me happy and he and Chris seem to be on good terms... here's hoping for BuckVie 2.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Just a few days ago I said it woukd be nice to see them reconcile on a personal level. With the recent landslide dedication to Azoff, I say screw that. I hope he and Christine remain friends, but quite frankly who the h*ll cares if he ever performs with them as a group again. He should just move on to more exciting things that dont involve an oldies jukebox.
what what what??

well there's a clear signal if there ever was one.

it confirms to me that LB knows it's over and there's no chance for any sort of reconciliation, and that that has been why he's been willing to be so much more blunt. What's he got to lose? He's just not going to go as quietly as she thought and is going to take her on in the court of public opinion since that matters so much to her.

This just solidifies my initial belief when all this hit... the expression "revenge is a dish best served cold". She waited a long time, until her hot anger had cooled enough and then acted out of cold, hard calculation. At this point she.does.not.care. I think she stopped caring about him the minute he was a father. SHe's even said so-- that's when she knew it was over. I do think on some level he still loves her (not in a shipper way) and that's why this outburst from him, but she's done. She's cold as ice re: him.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
\I think she stopped caring about him the minute he was a father. SHe's even said so-- that's when she knew it was over. I do think on some level he still loves her (not in a shipper way) and that's why this outburst from him, but she's done. She's cold as ice re: him.
Where and when did she say so?

She knew it was over in 1976, and has had no romantic interest in him after that – certainly not in the nineties or beyond.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post

She knew it was over in 1976, and has had no romantic interest in him after that – certainly not in the nineties or beyond.

I remember Stevie saying she finally lost Lindsey after his first child was born....
I’ve been searching for the last hour or so, but cannot find the blessed article.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I remember Stevie saying she finally lost Lindsey after his first child was born....
I’ve been searching for the last hour or so, but cannot find the blessed article.
that's right. I don't have time at the moment to dig for it but might this weekend.

UPDATE: I don't think this is the only article, but here's one:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1609042/flee...sey-buckingam/

Asked when she knew the romance was really over, Nicks said, "The day his first child was born. I knew that was it ... that was the definitive thing."

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 12-13-2018 at 05:57 PM..
Old 12-13-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
that's right. I don't have time at the moment to dig for it but might this weekend.

UPDATE: I don't think this is the only article, but here's one:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1609042/flee...sey-buckingam/

Asked when she knew the romance was really over, Nicks said, "The day his first child was born. I knew that was it ... that was the definitive thing."

Oh thanks.
Well done...I couldn’t find it

cbBen::: that’s the article with the comment from Stevie....
Old 12-13-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

sure. sure. nothing happened during the Dance. no.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Definitely one of the dumber things I've read on this forum. And that's saying a lot.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
Definitely one of the dumber things I've read on this forum. And that's saying a lot.
hahaha. and when was that when she said that she's just waiting for his kids to turn 18 and go to college, and then maybe she can get together with him again. guess now his kids are about that age, yet he obviously has no intention of getting together with her. one positive thing her ousting him did is that she can no longer spew such crap.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-13-2018, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She was just selling a star-crossed lovers fairytale. It was good pr.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-13-2018 at 09:23 PM..
Old 12-13-2018, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She was just selling a star-crossed lovers fairytale. It was good pr.
right. throwing darts at someone else's family while trying to make yourself look more important = just good PR.

meanwhile Lindsey telling it straight last week people somehow charaterize as passive agressive. only Nicks is allowed that. please.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hahaha. and when was that when she said that she's just waiting for his kids to turn 18 and go to college, and then maybe she can get together with him again. guess now his kids are about that age, yet he obviously has no intention of getting together with her. one positive thing her ousting him did is that she can no longer spew such crap.
Holy cow... I've never heard THAT iteration of it before, but talk about someone who doesn't even have one foot grounded in reality. Yikes!
Old 12-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Stevie's said some daft things before, but I think this is the icing on the cake. I've never read or heard anything about her saying this. I'd love to see the source or the context of this.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Stevie's said some daft things before, but I think this is the icing on the cake. I've never read or heard anything about her saying this. I'd love to see the source or the context of this.
There was a documentary called Fleetwood Mac Don’t Stop..I think it aired in the UK in 2013....for their 2013 tour.

And towards the end she said.....One day his precious kids will be gone....and then maybe Lindsey and I can be friends
Or words to that effect