User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Now, if they wanted to ask something NEW about Rumours. (if there is anything to ask) that'd be nice.
Yes, they could ask about the demos on the new box set. They'd be asking about old songs, but the information we'd be getting would be new, at least.

Although, earlier this week when a music reviewer talked about the "you can roll like thunder" line and how it was a snipe at Dreams, I made fun of him for not knowing the GYOW lyrics. They could still try to come up with something fresh though. Even if I was just a casual fan and didn't follow FM, I would think that the Rumours stuff would be old by now.

Michele
Old 01-29-2013, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

News of the tour alone wouldn't have gotten them half the attention they're receiving for the 'Rumours' re-release. We might all be sick of the same questions and same stories, but it was certainly a shrewd move to promote the tour in this way.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
News of the tour alone wouldn't have gotten them half the attention they're receiving for the 'Rumours' re-release. We might all be sick of the same questions and same stories, but it was certainly a shrewd move to promote the tour in this way.
Even if SYW didn't sell what they wanted, the new album release got them a lot of publicity too. So, if they want a tie in, they could always have gone that route.

Michele
Old 01-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Even if SYW didn't sell what they wanted, the new album release got them a lot of publicity too. So, if they want a tie in, they could always have gone that route.
Oh, I don't disagree. I'm just thinking of the difference between the level of promotion we're currently seeing as opposed to what we saw for Unleashed. And they still have the two new songs for added promotion as we get closer to April.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish Stevie's IYD have this kind of promotion in 2011.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So how are the liner notes by Stevie and Lindsey? Anything interesting?

Also, apparently the lyrics to Second Hand News used to be "won't you lay me down in the frontyard and let me do my stuff" (or maybe it's junkyard?).
Old 01-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Also, apparently the lyrics to Second Hand News used to be "won't you lay me down in the frontyard and let me do my stuff" (or maybe it's junkyard?).
Lol! The liner notes are amazing! I loved their comments & the more personal insight. For instance, Lindsey saying GDW is one of his fav songs of Stevie's and Stevie's echoing how Lindsey & Chris were musical counterparts. I also liked Stevie saying NGBA was his Landslide and that in Dreams & GYOW they were really saying the same thing.

Last edited by CADreaming; 01-30-2013 at 09:33 PM..
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll try to take pictures of them and will post tomorrow.

Michele
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Listening to the different GDW takes, it really is just as haunting a song as Rhiannon is. Beautiful.

I was at the Outback today and Rhiannon came on and within 10 minutes they also played someone's cover of You Make Loving Fun. I am so proud of the depth of diversity within this band.

Is there any other band where you have this many people with different strengths and styles coming together and not in a haphazard way, but in a way where they so enhance the beauty in each other's unique qualities? There are more talented bands to be sure, but I don't think anyone else boasts such variety to such great effect. I can't exult them as a group enough.

Michele
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll try to take pictures of them and will post tomorrow.

Michele
Thanks! I'd really appreciate that.

Quote:
Is there any other band where you have this many people with different strengths and styles coming together and not in a haphazard way, but in a way where they so enhance the beauty in each other's unique qualities? There are more talented bands to be sure, but I don't think anyone else boasts such variety to such great effect. I can't exult them as a group enough.

Michele
So totally and completely agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I apoligise in advance for massive spelling spacing or grammar errors. Im using an ipad and typing a long review on touch screen is torture.

I finally picked this up. It's just such an amazing release. The chain and keep me there are 100 percent equivalent to us getting 2 new songs released. So that is the perfect hold over until the 2 or 3 actual new songs get released. And the one is a new Christine movie song so that's a win win.

the live album is 90 percent perfect. Rhiannon and world turning are my favorite s. for as many times as world turning and gold dust woman have been part of shows or tours that have gotten official releases and not made the audio versions, it's about damned time they both are here. As chili said earlier the only song that's still not properly officially recorded and should've been is you make loving fun. Dance version doesn't cut it. So 5 percent loss for not being the full show And another 5 for YMLF being one of the exclude. The rest they left off doesnlt bother me. And I should freaking add 5 points back for them finally having the balls to keep landslide off the cut. I'm so afraid would've most likely been awesome. Might've been my favorite released version, but we have enough of those to keep me happy. Same with oh well.

Now the new demos disc is probably overall better then the 04 disc, but it's great we have both and it's great that it really is all different.

The chain trilogy is the highlight of this disc and the whole reissue. I agree with others in being puzzled how none of this made the 04 version but this is well worth the wait. Gave us a great gift we didn't know we had to look forward to in 2013. And I love how they all follow each other. I will say I might like the mumbled Christine singing to hearing the actual words. I'm shocked no one has mentions the reapperence of the if you ever did believe lyrics at the end of the chain. She sang those lyrics in every demo she did that year apparently. But it fits the end of this song way better then at the end of that gold dust woman demo. The creation of the official chain is one of the most fascinating things in the macs history.

The rest of this disc is not shabby at all. I love the addition of Stevies vocals on NGBA and the lack of her vocals on IDWTK. Seriously I wish both of those songs were reversed and released as they are on this new disk. Not just ver vocal but the new instrumentation on ngba is incredible. My 2 least favorite songs on rumours vastly improved. The only thing missing is AGAIN, you make
Loving fun. That song has not fared well on this package.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

But for me the burning question is this. Does the main feature sound any different to how it did on the 2004 remaster?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I apoligise in advance for massive spelling spacing or grammar errors. Im using an ipad and typing a long review on touch screen is torture.

I finally picked this up. It's just such an amazing release. The chain and keep me there are 100 percent equivalent to us getting 2 new songs released. So that is the perfect hold over until the 2 or 3 actual new songs get released. And the one is a new Christine movie song so that's a win win.

the live album is 90 percent perfect. Rhiannon and world turning are my favorite s. for as many times as world turning and gold dust woman have been part of shows or tours that have gotten official releases and not made the audio versions, it's about damned time they both are here. As chili said earlier the only song that's still not properly officially recorded and should've been is you make loving fun. Dance version doesn't cut it. So 5 percent loss for not being the full show And another 5 for YMLF being one of the exclude. The rest they left off doesnlt bother me. And I should freaking add 5 points back for them finally having the balls to keep landslide off the cut. I'm so afraid would've most likely been awesome. Might've been my favorite released version, but we have enough of those to keep me happy. Same with oh well.

Now the new demos disc is probably overall better then the 04 disc, but it's great we have both and it's great that it really is all different.

The chain trilogy is the highlight of this disc and the whole reissue. I agree with others in being puzzled how none of this made the 04 version but this is well worth the wait. Gave us a great gift we didn't know we had to look forward to in 2013. And I love how they all follow each other. I will say I might like the mumbled Christine singing to hearing the actual words. I'm shocked no one has mentions the reapperence of the if you ever did believe lyrics at the end of the chain. She sang those lyrics in every demo she did that year apparently. But it fits the end of this song way better then at the end of that gold dust woman demo. The creation of the official chain is one of the most fascinating things in the macs history.

The rest of this disc is not shabby at all. I love the addition of Stevies vocals on NGBA and the lack of her vocals on IDWTK. Seriously I wish both of those songs were reversed and released as they are on this new disk. Not just ver vocal but the new instrumentation on ngba is incredible. My 2 least favorite songs on rumours vastly improved. The only thing missing is AGAIN, you make
Loving fun. That song has not fared well on this package.
Wow thanks for the insight. I hadn't even considered buying this but you may have changed my mind.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
But for me the burning question is this. Does the main feature sound any different to how it did on the 2004 remaster?
If you mean the actual Rumours album itself, then no, at least not to me. It sounds exactly like the 2004 reissue. Even "Silver Springs" is the same version as on the 2004 reissue, and not the single mix, even though it's identified as a B-side in the liner notes. The only difference is that this song is tacked onto the end after "Gold Dust Woman".
Old 01-31-2013, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
If you mean the actual Rumours album itself, then no, at least not to me. It sounds exactly like the 2004 reissue. Even "Silver Springs" is the same version as on the 2004 reissue, and not the single mix, even though it's identified as a B-side in the liner notes. The only difference is that this song is tacked onto the end after "Gold Dust Woman".
Thanks for that.