Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2002, 10:11 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up Best deals on "The Very Best Of..."

Okay, just over a week to go, and we can all rush out and buy a sort of new Fleetwood Mac release. Since none of the audio portion is new I think a lot of us will be pinching our pennies and looking for the best deal we can get...if you can live without the television exclusive inclusion of a lithograph (which some may consider worth the $10 more plus shipping they'll charge you to get it that way.)

So far the best price I've seen has been (fittingly) Best Buy. They have a list price of $19.99, but usually run $2-$3 cheaper in store.

If you happen to find it for less, post it here.
Old 10-06-2002, 03:19 AM

Default PLAY

www.play.com

£11.99 free Postage and packaging, but I am not sure if they send to the USA

This site also has MOST FM and Stevie albums for £6.99 free Postage and packaging!!!

Great site, very very fast service

I ordered the Sarah McLachlan remix album and got it a day before it was released
Old 10-06-2002, 05:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Wow Mike, that is just the coolest! What a great site! It's even cheaper for me to order a cd from England than to go to the nearest store and buy one...Thanks for the tip! I gotta tell my friends

~Emma~
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News
Old 10-06-2002, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: PLAY

Quote:
Originally posted by iamstevienicks
www.play.com

£11.99 free Postage and packaging, but I am not sure if they send to the USA

This site also has MOST FM and Stevie albums for £6.99 free Postage and packaging!!!

Great site, very very fast service

I ordered the Sarah McLachlan remix album and got it a day before it was released
&

Quote:
Originally posted by iamstevienicks

Wow Mike, that is just the coolest! What a great site! It's even cheaper for me to order a cd from England than to go to the nearest store and buy one...Thanks for the tip! I gotta tell my friends

~Emma~

I would be very careful with that.....it says that it's a double disc set and it has the US tracklist.....but it has a release date of 14th October....that's before the US release date and is the release date for the single disc edited UK version. Also, at £11.99 it is £2 less than the retail price in UK shops for the UK single disc version.

They've also written that stuff about "we are an international retailer....possible variations in tracklist etc etc etc"

I think there's a strong chance they've ordered a whole load of UK versions, and have assumed that the UK will receive the same version as the US from Warner Bros.

Old 10-06-2002, 01:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yeah, well I have already ordered from Amazon, but I was thinking when I buy cd's in the future!

~Emma~
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News
Old 10-06-2002, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Amazon, but I encountered a problem last time....The first time, I preordered TISL, it was at my doorstep the day it came out!(a very good thing) Then, I preordered C'mon, C'mon, and it took 5 days for it to get here....I'm just going to the cd store on the 15th.....That way it is IN MY HANDS that same day...I took my chances and preordered the Mick Fleetwood DVD...Let's see what happens....

~Alex