Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2002, 03:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default New Christine Solo Album?!?!?!

According to our very credible source, Neil, Ken Caillat's got a little more up his sleeve than FM DVD-A's....
http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/uknews.html
Talk about befuddling....I guess she just didn't want to work with FM anymore? Hmph..
-Brian
Old 09-22-2002, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i didn't want to post this here coz it's Neil's scoop, and i wanted him to post it first... ,
that's GREAT news,
i was hoping she will give up her retierment and go back to recording, i certainly hope she'll come up with a great album with mature intimate feel to it, and not some charts-targeted stuff.
i believe she could pull this through

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2002, 03:45 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question ?????????

I dont see the article or the mention in the website!!!! Oh well, I just have a question...Is it at all possible that she is making some songs to give to fleetwood mac for the new album?

~Alex

Old 09-22-2002, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say that i think this is pretty cool...this way she can do her music,etc. and not have to worry about being dragged into Mick's endless touring endeavors...

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 09-22-2002, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: ?????????

Quote:
Originally posted by greatdarkwing
I dont see the article or the mention in the website!!!! Oh well, I just have a question...Is it at all possible that she is making some songs to give to fleetwood mac for the new album?

~Alex
In one word, nope.

Matt
Old 09-23-2002, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I couldn't find anything about a Christine solo album on the website, either. But, if this is true this is unbelievably exciting news!!! Is this news from Ken Caillat directly? I don't want to get my hopes up too much.
Old 09-23-2002, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question FOR THOSE THAT CAN'T FIND IT...

Click on the link Brian provided and then scroll down the page a little to the purple section where it has the news and the top line which you can click on says "new Chrstine solo album" (or something like that) and that's where you'll get the scoop. It won't let you copy and paste it here.

Street Dreamer is probably right, I'd be suprised if these recordings are to be for the new FM album as if Christine stays solo, she won't feel like she's getting sucked in to touring with the Mac etc. (as Fiercestcalmsea rightly says)

The thing I'm thinking though, is if we assume that she's staying solo, then what label did she find that would be willing to let her record but not put pressure on her to tour as a solo act to push it? Maybe she's putting it out herself, or perhaps through Ken's company?

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 09-23-2002 at 12:21 PM..
Old 09-23-2002, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the news Neil, Brian.

Fantastic news. I guess in many ways this is the Year of Fleetwood Mac! I can't wait to hear Christine's new material, especially with Ken Caillat's golden touch.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:16 AM
Ledgie

Heart YES!

This is the most exciting news in months, including the news about the 2 upcoming Fleetwood Mac cd's! So this is what she's doing now she's alone in that big castle of hers... Will she go on tour? I hope so!

Anna
Old 09-23-2002, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking about ken and the mac

Did ken and the mac have a falling out. It's sorta odd that for so many years he produced all of the mac albums with richard and in the past ten years they havnt done all that much. If memory serves me right...lindsey buckingham produced tango...right?

I was suprised that they didnt have ken or richard produce the new mac album, it would be a nice homecoming for them in a sense. I guess its possible that since they took lindsey's solo album and flipped it to a mac record, that they decided to make lindsey the producer of the album.

Alex
Old 09-23-2002, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's good that she's still involved in music. She's got so much to offer!

This is kind of disheartening to me though.......she's not totally out of music, is still writing and recording, yet refuses to do it with Fleetwood Mac..........when there are still many fans (myself included) who would love to still see and hear her with them......
I'm never going to see the FAB FIVE all together, but there she is, off on her own.

I don't know about this........

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 09-23-2002, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What's the big deal??

Bob Welch is off on his own, while Fleetwood Mac still carries on...

...Peter Green is in the Splinter Group while Fleetwood Mac still carries on

...Rick Vito...etc, etc...

How could she be in Fleetwood Mac and not tour? She can't, so she does a solo album and can stay at home or do anything BUT tour...it's what she chooses to do...Fleetwood Mac doesn't fit into her plans anymore.

Fleetwood Mac is now Christine-less...get over it.
Old 09-23-2002, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Get over your rear.........
Knock the high and mighty nasty ol' chip off your shoulder while you're at it too.
Really gets old.
Because I'm sure you've personally sat down with Christine and discussed in depth just what exactly her plans are.
I'm MORE than allowed to have my opinion, which is that (though I will love the new Mac album and tour) I would still like to see her and hear her recording and performing with Fleetwood Mac.
So, in closing, no, I will not "get over it". I cannot stand being told "get over it" by somebody or being talked to like I'm 2 friggin' years old or stupid or something. "Get over it"--How 'bout you try it......
Damn with some of you people...........

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down

Last edited by Rumours; 09-23-2002 at 08:03 PM..
Old 09-23-2002, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac

Of course everyone has the right to have their opinion, that's not in discussion. And I think we're not even discussing the importance of Christine in Fleetwood Mac. But I can think of lots of reasons (the most important being of course her wish not to tour anymore) that could make her feel more comfortable recording a solo album rather than being still involved with Fleetwood Mac. What I'm saying is that it's her choice... Just like when Peter Green left, when Bob Welch left, when Lindsey Buckingham left after Tango, when Stevie ... they all felt it was the best for them. And Fleetwood Mac went on, of course having all of these shadows of great musicians (and sometimes the heart and soul of the band, like Peter Greeen in the first time) behind them... It was always about Fleetwood Mac, the "whole being greater than the sum of the parts". If this makes Chris happy, then it's good to me. I'd sure love to see her back with the other four guys making music again, but it's really her choice. And if touring is not that important to her, then this is the right thing to do.

Looking forward to hear more news about this album.

Song of the moment - Stand On The Rock
Old 09-24-2002, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Some thoughts....

While I would have loved to have seen Christine record just one more album with Fleetwood Mac... so we could see the Rumours-era lineup "back in action" on a brand-new album, one last time... I totally respect her decision to leave the band.

Being a member of Fleetwood Mac has always involved keeping a very hectic pace, and that's just something she absolutely doesn't wish to do anymore... and she's most definitely earned that right.
She's been trying to buy that ticket homeward bound, since 1972!

I think Christine knew very well that if she consented to record with Fleetwood Mac, it wouldnt be long before she'd be roped into another tour.
As it was, she wasn't entirely thrilled about being on the road for 'The Dance,' but did so as a goodwill gesture... but this time around, it would have probably been more out of a sense of duty, and I doubt her enthusiasm would be very high.

So as fans, why would we want Chris up on that stage if she doesn't *want* to be there?

Now... if she records a solo album, she can do so at her own pace, and promote it in whatever way she's comfortable.

A solo Christine McVie project wouldn't have to involve quite the same amount of mega-promotion that a Fleetwood Mac album would involve (or one of Stevie's solo albums).
It can all be very low-key... maybe she'd even release the album on an independent label, or sell the thing on an "official Christine McVie website," like a lot of other artists are doing nowadays.

Then do a couple of gigs at a local pub.... maybe a video.... and not once have to leave England.

Christine will be able to satisfy the need to create music, but wont have to compromise her desire to lead a more moderately paced lifestyle.

Meanwhile, Fleetwood Mac will be able to fully promote their album in whatever way they see fit... and tour however long they wish to. Without having to worry about one member being less than enthusiastic about it all.

I also think that as fans, we're *really* making out on the deal... with the likelyhood of a double-album from Fleetwood Mac (which could contain approximately the amount of music as a solo album each from Stevie and Lindsey), AND a Christine McVie album with presumeably 12-14 tracks... we're pretty much getting three times more music than we might have gotten if Christine had recorded with Fleetwood Mac.
At the very least, we're going to get twice as much.

Not a bad haul, if you ask this greedy little fan!!

Johnny Stew