Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2002, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking YAY!!

WOO FREAKIN HOO!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!

*Choir singing* HALLELUJAH...HALLELUJAH.....HALLELUJAH!!!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Thank you FM for giving us LEDGIES a reason to buy the GH album!!
Old 09-05-2002, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i'm sorry to be a party pooper again, but for me this is bad news.
if they skip europe again i won't go see them (no way i'm spending 800$ for the plane ticket alone, AGAIN.) and the worst part is that the new album is delayed till next summer.
that's almost an entire year away!!! do you really think some videos and pics on the very best album compensates for the longer waiting?
i don't.
i'm happy for all you guys who will be attending this tour but as far as i'm concerned i feel i've been ripped off again. badly.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

Last edited by tommer; 09-05-2002 at 02:12 AM..
Old 09-05-2002, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know exactly where you are coming from Tommer. I will go to USA to see the tour but that is not the point. I know alot of people who won't. It will be a really poor show if they don't tour outside the US after all the promises

Pip
Old 09-05-2002, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There is nothing about the album being delayed until next summer. The quote from the article states the new album will arrive in the spring of 2003 via reprise. That jives with Mick's recent interviews, stating an early 2003 release. They will release the album before they do such an extensive tour.

Last edited by John Run; 09-05-2002 at 08:31 AM..
Old 09-05-2002, 08:17 AM

I tend to agree with Tommer on this. And I would add that the footage on the best-of CD will probably be quite limited. With that number of songs, even on two disks, there is likely to be very little room left for any extensive files. Previous speculation about including old videos and so forth is simply pie-in-the-sky thinking.

But take heart, folks. It looks like Reprise is going to put a lot of marketing muscle behind this effort, so you are likely to at least see a new Fleetwood Mac video, perhaps even a behind-the-scenes thing about making the new album.

As for the tour itself, I am not even sure that I will go see the band when they come to New York. Prices are likely to be ridiculous, and seeing Stevie Nicks do another antiseptic version of Rhiannon doesn't thrill me. I've seen Lindsey do Go Insane and Big Love twice now, and I don't need to see it again. If this band's last tour is any indication, they'll play the same show every night, rake in their $50 million and call it a tour. They'll do four new songs tops.

I'll wait for the video.
Old 09-05-2002, 01:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile Good news

This is definately better news than what was originally reported. The footage of the band recording the new album is a big bonus. Hey...it's something new!

do you really think some videos and pics on the very best album compensates for the longer waiting?

No, but there is always that possibilty that the tour will be extended to include Europe. I'd think that England has more of a chance of this happening and that Christine might be persuaded to reunite for a couple of performances. It's a long shot, but it could happen.

-Karen
Old 09-05-2002, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Justin's thoughts first hearing about another GH's package...

"This is garbage, get the new album out...FAST."

Justin's thoughts about hearing that it will be an enhanced CD...

"Whoopty frigggin doooooooooooooo!"
Old 09-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

don't get me wrong...but i sware some fans just like to bitch. Or you just havnt had sex in a very very long time.

just my two cents,

Alex
Old 09-06-2002, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by BigAl84
don't get me wrong...but i sware some fans just like to bitch. Or you just havnt had sex in a very very long time.
if simplifying things down to this level helps you understand them- go for it.

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2002, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen
No, but there is always that possibilty that the tour will be extended to include Europe. I'd think that England has more of a chance of this happening and that Christine might be persuaded to reunite for a couple of performances.
Now that would be fair. Those of us outside of the US are not just bitching for the sake of bitching... we're just sick of being snubbed by a band who seem to have forgotten where they came from. Not that I blame them for not wanting to come to England, LOL, because I'm leaving as soon as I get the chance. But there are fans over here... and England is such an important market in terms of music buying, perhaps even more important than the US because it prides itself on being hip and cutting edge to a point. But if you want to sell records, it's all about promotion, promotion, promotion. Not coming here for over ten years is not good promotion and I would think they've almost fallen completely off the map in terms of notoreity. They need to tour over here... for their own good.

Now, as for the added extras to the Greatest Hits package... WOOHOO! Just goes to show that they are considering the true fans to an extent.

Laura.
Old 09-06-2002, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigAl84

just my two cents,

Alex
How about a spelling lesson?
Old 09-06-2002, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just knew someone was gonna point that out........

I guess it might as well be you, huh Carne?

Now, I shall scurry back to my dark corner before I get smashed like cock roach!

HA! Missed me!
Old 09-06-2002, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for explaining what an enhanced cd is-I had no clue. This news certainly makes me more interested in buying the album, but I still long for new songs! or cd recordings of some of the demo, outtake, alternate versions stuff I have on tape

I can certainly understand the frustration of the English fans if the band doesn't go there-but I don't see where it says they won't-or did I miss something?

I can't wait for the tour, though!! Awesome!!
Old 09-06-2002, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
I just knew someone was gonna point that out........

I guess it might as well be you, huh Carne?

Now, I shall scurry back to my dark corner before I get smashed like cock roach!

HA! Missed me!
I'm an editor by trade, so I can't help it. Usually I swallow and move on, but this one was hard to ignore.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BellaDonnaGypsy

Not that I blame them for not wanting to come to England, LOL, because I'm leaving as soon as I get the chance. But there are fans over here... and England is such an important market in terms of music
I've enjoyed England tremendously when I've been there. I've even considered relocating there for a year or two.