The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What is your FAV Live song?
Rhiannon: Mirage Video 2 9.09%
Big Love: The Dance Video 6 27.27%
Everywhere: Tango In the Night Video 6 27.27%
Gypsy: Mirage Video 2 9.09%
Say You Love Me: Dance Video 2 9.09%
Im So Afraid: Rosebud Video 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2002, 03:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default POLL: Fav Live songs

Ok guys, we can never have too many polls. I love em!

Worst to best...so knock off your LEAST fav!

Last edited by Janet; 07-28-2002 at 03:27 AM..
Old 07-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Damn! I picked Rhiannon as it is my fave!! Stupid me for not reading this properly! Can I change my answer????

Pip
Old 07-28-2002, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I can't vote for this either. LOL

I am voting for Everywhere.
Old 07-28-2002, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Had to go with "Everywhere" from the Tango vid. personally, I can't find anything I like about that entire video. IMO, it's just the worst FM related video to be released. Way too polished.

We're missing some killers though on this poll:

GYOW from the Mirage Video <--definitley the best GYOW!!
The Chain from Mirage <---------- " " " Chain!!
(It's beyond me why the don't re-release this video!!)
Tusk from the Dance
Gold Dust Woman from Sheryl Crow & Friends in Central Park in '99
Sara - Melbourne 1980
Sisters of the Moon - Mirage, or Baton Rouge '78
Old 07-28-2002, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm voting for Everywhere... I totally agree about the whole of the Tango video being too polished... I hate when the production on a music video is too slick, because it just makes it look corny.

Laura.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am having trouble voting again because it keeps saying that my session is invalid... but when I am able to vote, I will vote off Everywhere.

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 07-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well being a moderator I can't even get to the poll myself! I was going to change your answer Pip. Hold up while I see WHY I can't change my own poll!!!
Old 07-28-2002, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was having the same trouble voting as Michelle. It kept saying my session was invalid. I finally was able to vote, then I voted for my favorite, Say You Love Me, by mistake. I didn't read everything thoroughly. I meant to vote off Big Love. I know it was my mistake, but is there any chance my vote could be changed?
Old 07-28-2002, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted for SYLM from the Dance. Don't ask me why, cause I have no idea, but that song just irks me in that video.

~~Angela~~
Old 07-28-2002, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile I voted...

"Everywhere", Just don't like the performance that much...Brian

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-28-2002, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that after "Everywhere" from that bitchin' Tango is voted off (well, I'm hoping it's gone first...), this poll is going to get a lot harder.

Rhiannon from Mirage...it starts off kinda blah, Stevie's voice is not in it's best shape, but I *LOVE* the way she ends this one. "I don't change, You don't change..." It's actually become one of my favorite versions of the song, save for some of the earlier vocal-chord shredding versions.

Big Love from Dance...Lindsey is just amazing in this one. But I think I would like to see them do it more in line with the studio version if they play this one on a new tour.

Gypsy from Mirage...This could be the second one to go...it's one of the better live versions of the song, but I just don't think that any of the live versions has ever held a candle to the studio track.

SYLM from Dance...I am completely into the new twist on this old song. IMO it really livened the song up from the clunky old piano based version. ANd of course, John supposively sings.

ISA from Rosebud...the early versions of this song are great. Well, even the newer versions ('82, '92, '97) are great...
Old 07-28-2002, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow jmn3...

"ISA from Rosebud...the early versions of this song are great. Well, even the newer versions ('82, '92, '97) are great..."

ITA, ALL versions of ISA are GREATNESS!! I have YET to hear a BAD version of ISA...

BTW, I screwed up the poll also, since it said, What is your FAVE live song, I chose Big Love from the Dance, but that is my FAVE, not my LEAST FAVE!!! DOH! I should have chosen Gypsy from the Mirage video since I've not seen Everywhere from the Tango video, but since that one bites the big one according to everyone, maybe that SHOULD go. LOL
Old 07-28-2002, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't want to complain Janet, don't get mad, but how did you pick what you did. How the heck did everywhere from the horrid TITN video get on here and The Chain and GYOW from Mirage didn't get on. Nothing from TITN should be here especially not everywhere. Rhiannon from Mirage and SYLM are good choices. So is I'm So Afraid. Big Love to. But there are much better choices.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 07-28-2002, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: jmn3...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I've not seen Everywhere from the Tango video, but since that one bites the big one according to everyone, maybe that SHOULD go. LOL [/B]
The whole video is just horrible. It's just absolutely beyond me that you can purchase that one still, but NOT the Mirage video. There isn't one bad track on the Mirage video. Tango is just so cheeseballish. The bizzare camera angles and zoom-in's, etc...

On Mirage, the band is absolutely rocking. The Chain and GYOW stand out along with SOTM...but all the tracks, including the then-new tracks are put together with greatness, but the don't get too cheesy with it. For instance, they didn't do a lot of touching up of the vocals (so it seems)...Stevie and Lindsey both strain a million times during the concert, and who could forget the babbling on SOTM???

On Tango...ugh I won't go there. Let's just say it isn't a hair on the Mirage vid's ass!!!!
Old 07-28-2002, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: jmn3...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I've not seen Everywhere from the Tango video, but since that one bites the big one according to everyone, maybe that SHOULD go. LOL [/B]
The whole video is just horrible. It's just absolutely beyond me that you can purchase that one still, but NOT the Mirage video. There isn't one bad track on the Mirage video. Tango is just so cheeseballish. The bizzare camera angles and zoom-in's, etc...

On Mirage, the band is absolutely rocking. The Chain and GYOW stand out along with SOTM...but all the tracks, including the then-new tracks are put together with greatness, but the don't get too cheesy with it. For instance, they didn't do a lot of touching up of the vocals (so it seems)...Stevie and Lindsey both strain a million times during the concert, and who could forget the babbling on SOTM???

On Tango...ugh I won't go there. Let's just say it isn't a hair on the Mirage vid's ass!!!!