The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Ledgie

can't help ya with GDW..i got couple 'stand back' clips to post and end of silver springs..GDW was a great version that nigh though
Old 06-13-2009, 12:05 AM
Ledgie

Default Stand Back pt.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lwS-ftzeXk
Old 06-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Ledgie

Default Stand Back pt.2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS8yqdTVlUQ
Old 06-13-2009, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Back from tonight's show and it was fantastic!!! This was my 4th show this tour, but my first on the floor, 7th row directly in front of Lindsey in fact!

Anyway, I won't go into too many specifics, most of the same stuff that we all know and love. Here's a few other notes of interest that you guys may appreciate.

At the end of I Know I'm Not Wrong, Stevie had her back turned to the audience and appeared to be talking to John. Lindsey finished up his piece and the stage went dark and everyone (on stage) was waiting for Stevie to walk up to the mike to do the Gypsy intro. Well, she was in her own little world and completely oblivious to the fact that she was supposed to be at the mike, so Lindsey had to shuffle over and tell her she was up. She had the funniest look on her face and when she got up to the mike she said, "When you get to be 61 years old, sometimes you forget!" It was a cute moment.

Lindsey dedicated Big Love to Kristen and Will who were somewhere in the audience to my right as Lindsey pointed out. He then went into the longest intro to Big Love I've heard yet. Seriously, like 3 minutes long. We were joking that Stevie asked him to drag it out so she had more time for her wardrobe change.

Stevie dedicated Landslide to PS 22 and Mr. B. She started talking about how they were there earlier in the day and she made them all come up on stage so they can start to realize that dreams are attainable (something like that -- i'm paraphrasing.) Then she went into this story about how when she wrote Landslide she played it for Lindsey and he started tinkering around on the guitar playing it back to her and she was so amazed at how wonderful it was and how great a guitar player he was that she had to run to anther room because she started crying over how much it moved her. Again, paraphrasing slightly here -- but something close to that. I'm guessing she gave us that memory because she said when the kids performed Landslide for her today, she just started crying. I'm probably not remembering it verbatim, but hopefully someone has video of it.

Silver Springs was in!! It wasn't the best i've seen this tour, but I was thrilled Stevie went for it.

Well, those are the quick and dirty highlights from my vantage point. I do have some pics and I'll try to post some if others don't get to do it beforehand.

Oh, just a little pet peeve that I want to share to see if anyone else has experienced it. Why do people bring their YOUNG children (under 10!) to a concert that is in the evening during the week? And after an hour they were passed out on the seats. And these are the 200 bucks a pop seats. Just wondering what others thought about that.

OMG I was off to Lindsey's side loge 71 and was like only 4or 5 rows up and I saw the soundboard and someone standing there with 2 girls..I wonder if that was her...Neh..I think his older is older than what these 2 girls looked like ..and one had brown hair I think and his 2 are still blondies right? well here's a link to my Stand Back...great twirl and show off of the white shawl under her SB cape.....

I might have caught a few of you in the first row rocking out!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9JH5Ow-m08

Here's Mick's solo with audience reaction and the group huddle I could see Stevie's face from my side and for the Sara hug...Being on the side had some advantages!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIZqUsihjz0

Last edited by belladonnadream; 06-13-2009 at 08:12 AM..
Old 06-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
P.S. - Am I crazy or did Stevie NOT do the "Never get away! Never get away!" part this time?
I got the end specifically of SS and I still have to upload it..I don't remember her doing it either
Old 06-13-2009, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNicksed View Post
Thanks for sharing the video and the pics. They are GREAT! Please tell me you have Gold Dust Woman on vid??
I do..its gonna take 4 hours for me to upload it though..don't know why it takes so long on Utube but I got the whole song...

Here's some of my pics...

Old 06-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

Thanks for posting those. I see a few friends totally rocking out in front of La Nicks!!!!

Your seat usually is my fav. because it is unobnstructed and you can sit if you want.

Also, weren't those people the ones La Nicks was motioning and mouthing "come on up" to at the very end when Mick was talking and La Nicks was standing off to the side in front of where Lori, et al, were.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks to the poster!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's Storms - which I thought was fantastic

and Sara - note the high oooooo's at around 30 sec.

Thanks again John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - did you get GDW?

Old 06-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Thanks to the poster!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's Storms - which I thought was fantastic

and Sara - note the high oooooo's at around 30 sec.

Thanks again John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS - did you get GDW?

I'm uploading mine now!
Old 06-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
^^^

Thanks for posting those. I see a few friends totally rocking out in front of La Nicks!!!!

Your seat usually is my fav. because it is unobnstructed and you can sit if you want.

Also, weren't those people the ones La Nicks was motioning and mouthing "come on up" to at the very end when Mick was talking and La Nicks was standing off to the side in front of where Lori, et al, were.
Yes at the end?.. I was over a little farther than that ...loge 71 but I was trying to get a good pic of that..I think I got 1 of her doing that...she seemed to ham it up over there cause she knew a few of us were really screaming her name at the end there and she threw her arm up in the rock on pose right after she was motioning to come up..but from my point of view it looked like she was motioning to the little kids by the sound board...
Old 06-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

It could have been the kids. But, I could not see because there were speakers in the way. I someone got that on tape.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladonnadream View Post

I might have caught a few of you in the first row rocking out!!!!!
You caught me - I'm the guy with the burgandy Redskins cap on right to the left of the microphone streamers.. with the silly grin on my face.. bobbing to the beat. It was cool seeing a few other faces I shared the concert with.. thanks much.. cool stuff!!!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I am in the process of converting GDW to ipod use so that I can upload it to Utube. I should hopefully have it all up by 2PM. I got the last 6 and half minutes of it and the first part of it starts with LB.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
PS 22, Landslide, Stevie Nicks and Madison Square Garden get mentioned on Nightline:

http://www.ps22chorus.blogspot.com/

It had to be a poignant moment for Stevie--her song, her words have reached a whole new generation, and they will probably never forget meeting her. That's pretty amazing! The Nightline piece clearly demonstrates the importance of music in schools across America, and our need to support the arts and these children.
I loved this.. thank you SO much for sharing! I sure wish someone would have taken video of them singing for Stevie, as I would have loved to see Stevie's face.. It brought tears to my eyes for sure, so I can only imagine Stevie.. LOL

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 06-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
I am in the process of converting GDW to ipod use so that I can upload it to Utube. I should hopefully have it all up by 2PM. I got the last 6 and half minutes of it and the first part of it starts with LB.
HURRY UP WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!