The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, that Molly McVie doc sounds really cool! Nice find!
Old 12-31-2011, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Sydney Morning Herald: This comparison was made in a discussion about Australian politics]
What the ad lacks is a single clear compelling insight. Instead, it jams together a whole hotchpotch of half ideas. Meanwhile, the drums pound away, as irritating and pointless as a Mick Fleetwood drum solo in the middle of a Mac concert.
LOL. Looks like this person is not a fan of Mick's part in World Turning.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
LOL. Looks like this person is not a fan of Mick's part in World Turning.
Who really is? Perhaps those in need of a trip to the restroom?

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-01-2012 at 02:28 AM..
Old 01-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[sell your dreams, but not your vinyl]

From an article on used records:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...WS01/701089950

Some albums sold so many copies they are essentially worthless. "There was a ton of it," Sandhop said. In that category are Simon and Garfunkel, the Mamas & the Papas, "Frampton Comes Alive!" and Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours."
Old 02-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By Steve Appleford, Special to the Los Angeles Times

February 5, 2012
Somewhere deep in the catacombs of Capitol Studios in Hollywood, Bethany Cosentino has found a little place of her own. It's squeezed into a tight corner in the control room of Studio B, where she sits behind an ancient synthesizer to relax or think or read her book, "Tusk," about the Fleetwood Mac album of the same name. The keyboard is her desk. She's never played it.

For nearly two months, the singer-guitarist has been here with her friend and musical partner Bobb Bruno, hard at work on their second album as the band Best Coast. The follow-up to their 2010 breakthrough garage-pop debut, "Crazy for You," is already highly anticipated, and the pressure is on.

"We're a lot more relaxed now," says Cosentino as she settles into these final days of recording. "When we first started, we were like, 'What do we do?'"

So she's been reading about Fleetwood Mac for inspiration and guidance, just as she's repeatedly watched Metallica implode and come back again in the documentary "Some Kind of Monster." "There is something to be learned from their examples of high anxiety and survival, and of taking creative leaps of faith."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,4746291.story
Old 02-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
By Steve Appleford, Special to the Los Angeles Times

February 5, 2012
Somewhere deep in the catacombs of Capitol Studios in Hollywood, Bethany Cosentino has found a little place of her own. It's squeezed into a tight corner in the control room of Studio B, where she sits behind an ancient synthesizer to relax or think or read her book, "Tusk," about the Fleetwood Mac album of the same name. The keyboard is her desk. She's never played it.

For nearly two months, the singer-guitarist has been here with her friend and musical partner Bobb Bruno, hard at work on their second album as the band Best Coast. The follow-up to their 2010 breakthrough garage-pop debut, "Crazy for You," is already highly anticipated, and the pressure is on.

"We're a lot more relaxed now," says Cosentino as she settles into these final days of recording. "When we first started, we were like, 'What do we do?'"

So she's been reading about Fleetwood Mac for inspiration and guidance, just as she's repeatedly watched Metallica implode and come back again in the documentary "Some Kind of Monster." "There is something to be learned from their examples of high anxiety and survival, and of taking creative leaps of faith."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,4746291.story
I am curious to see how their next album will turn out...the previous one was so lo-fi it was obnoxious. It was atmospheric, but I want to see what her voice can really do, and from what I've read, that's what they're going for now.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Click to see the wedding picture modeled after the Rumours cover:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/lifes...ings_1_1204382

The look is a homemade modern day Victoriana style with a 70s twist (very Vogue-esque Florence Welsch) high necked gowns with boots and bare feet for the bride and braces and woollen waistcoats for the groom. “The look is reminiscent of old Americana, Daniel Day Lewis in the film Gangs of New York, with a bride inspired by Laura Ingalls from the television programme Little House on the Prairie,” says Becky. “The men were just as styled as the women. I had the image of Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks on the Rumours cover in my head and we actually did a few images in homage to this.”
Old 02-23-2012, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For those of you don’t know, Tusk was Fleetwood Mac’s double-album flop follow-up to Rumours. It has been described as pompous, over-ambitious and self-indulgent, but it’s one of my favourite albums of all time.

After making so much money with Rumours, Lindsey Buckingham could finally let it all hang out on this album with all sorts of experimentation in the studio. On top of that you get the absolutely gorgeous Sara and Beautiful Child from Stevie Nicks, and even some really good tracks from Christine McVie like Brown Eyes.

I like to think of this album as their Pet Sounds, and I’m sure Lindsey would be delighted to hear that, given how much he loves Brian Wilson. See if you can find the vinyl version, though, since only this one has the full version of Sara. On the cd version Sara is edited (butchered).

http://www.centerforinquiry.net/foru...wthread/12757/
Old 02-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Las Vegas Philanthropist Hosts Star-Studded Evening
San Francisco Chronicle (press release)
Brennan then introduced comedian-musician Gary Mule Deer, who entertained the audience before they were treated to a musical set that included rock legend Alice Cooper, Jack Blades of Night Ranger and Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...web9219390.DTL
Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from interview with Catcall:

http://www.pedestrian.tv/music/featu...sic-/66593.htm

Do you think that pop's a bad word nowadays? No, I think pop's pretty cool. I think everyone wants to be pop, that's my theory. Actually, I think that's a recent thing. There's so much good stuff, and so much horrendous stuff as well. I mean, everyone loves Fleetwood Mac and that's pop, isn't it? I don't feel ashamed to be called pop at all.

I'll agree with you, I'll defend pop to the end. And Fleetwood Mac is definitely the epitome of pop. There's terrible pop, but there's also terrible noise and terrible... everything. Everything has a terrible side. There's nothing like good pop music, it's genius because it reaches a lot of people which is really exciting, the power of it I guess.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Article on James Watt College students
http://inverclydenow.com/news/local/...llege-students

Cat Caldwell (18) is a young singer/songwriter/ from Inverkip who has played at some of the top venues in Glasgow including 02 academy, The Armadillo and The Garage, and has supported The LaFontaines and Ray Harris. Her musical influences include Bon Lever, Lindsay Buchanan, Alanis Morissette and City in Colours. Cat said: “I was drawn to play music after watching Fleetwood Mac in concert. I was so inspired by Stevie Nicks that I told my grandfather about the concert and he gave me a 30-year-old guitar so I could learn how to play and write music.”
Old 03-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default From an article about celebs who have gone bankrupt

Mick Fleetwood

Creative success: When not hopping from bed to bed and enduring tumultuous breakups that would have even the "Jersey Shore" cast quaking in their tans, the members of Fleetwood Mac, including drummer and namesake Fleetwood, were creating some of the biggest hits of the '70s. Their 1977 album "Rumours" remains one of the best-selling albums of all time.

Financial failure: While Fleetwood should have been a millionaire many times over throughout the '80s, he was done in by two oddly juxtaposed desires: cocaine and real estate. His love for the former and bad judgment on the latter led him to bankruptcy in the middle of the decade. By the '90s, though, he had reportedly turned his life around, including quitting drugs and developing a trusted team of financial advisers. He has toured and recorded in recent years with Fleetwood Mac and his own Mick Fleetwood Blues Band.

http://money.msn.com/debt-management...mentid=6909781
Old 03-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HUFFPOST HILL: Senate Had A 'Good Week,' All Tuckered Out Now
Huffington Post
Rush Limbaugh spent International Women's Day locked in his bedroom crying and listening to Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide." And tonight at the Newseum, Hollywood unveils a blockbusting biopic of a former half-term small-state governor who tweets a lot.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1333283.html
Old 03-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As anyone over 50 can attest, the single most frequently asked question by baby boomers (besides "Why does anyone think low-rise jeans are comfortable?") is: What music should I be listening to?

Let's face it, Fleetwood Mac had its day -- and a fine one at that -- but do you really want Stevie Nicks to be blasting out your car window when you're stopped at a red light? Of course you don't, sillyhead. Few things date us more than the music we listen to and good old Stevie and the gang should be saved for those days that you really want to embarrass your teenagers when you pick them up at school.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1354575.html
Old 03-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw that and wanted to post a comment that I proudly blast Stevie while driving, and have also been known to carry a tambo in my car and bash away while at a red light. Also, look at the multitude of female artists that teenagers are listening to these days, who have all cited Stevie as a major influence: Florence, Beth from Best Coast, the girls in Bleached, Lykke Li, etc., etc.