The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "REAL SAVAGE-LIKE!": Clark Co/Ridgefield show!!!

Please forgive me if anything is incoherant...I'm on 5 hours' sleep.

I won't ramble as much as I did with the Seattle show, but there were some more great moments last night in Clark Co, WA!!!

{AliP~Sorry we didn't make it past "Hi"...did you get to your seat at the last minute? We looked for you before the show, but couldn't seem to spot you. What did your shirt say? Congrats on being the "Come girl"...I didn't even bother trying with you right next to me! lol That was your Mom with you, right? Has her "fandom" increased since last year? I remember you saying last year that she called GDW something really funny because she didn't know better. I felt kinda bad when she would talk to me because my breath was reakin' from dehydration and screaming. Hope you made it home safely.}

First of all, a note to everyone: if your seats suck, a great strategy is to confidently walk up to the front row and find empty seats to sit in. If somebody comes and the seats belong to them, just say, "Oops, sorry!", act like you're checking the seat numbers and scoot down a couple seats. Granted, it was a little difficult to act relaxed since I had never done it before (okay, my boyfriend and I both felt like we were going to puke until the band came out and we were "safe"), but overall it was easy and (obviously) worth it! With 6th row tickets on LB's side, I had been telling myself that if I didn't make it up front this time, I still had decent seats. Well! This amp is SO rediculously wide, with the side sections not being properly angled towards the center to accomadate for it, I didn't know if I should scream or cry when we found our seats. All should be forewarned of this if going to this venue.

As far as I could tell, this audience was really good...I could literally feel the venue vibrating from people singing along to GYOW, and the new songs always seem to go over quite well to me...especially SG. My boyfriend said, "I never realized Lindsey was such a ham", during his "fever antics" at the very beginning of Come. LB's guitar work was "holy ****" as usual...I felt like the beginning of his ISA solo was different than I had heard before. Mick and John just tear this one up too, don't they?! (The 2nd drummer~sorry, can't remember his name at the moment~is not onstage for this one.) Red Rover was superb.

If you read my Seattle show notes, you know I was having trouble even grasping that I was seeing Sara...well, it must've hit me this time because, to my own surprise, the tears came streaming down. Emotional aspects aside, it sounds SO good! Maybe Stevie was finally comfortable playing it since they have the expanded band to fill the sound out to what she envisioned. What I thought was her incredible "new" ending to GDW in Seattle was apparently specific to that show...more than glad I got to see it! Stevie was vocally on fire last night. Her voice was crystal clear and perfect on the slower numbers and she tore up Rhiannon, GDW and Stand Back! She also held this huge note for a really long time at the end of (I think) Don't Stop. She did not wear the red shawl for GB tonight...it was a beautiful white one I had never seen before (not the same as the ISA one), with what looked like little mirrored cut-outs all over it. I noticed that she has two different pairs of boots, too. The Sara ones are higher platform and more in her traditional chunky style, and the ones at the end are lower and more spikey. I'll admit...it's exciting to see the return of the legwarmers! (Why do I feel like that should be capitalized?!: The Return Of The Legwarmers )Though I love the smooth, suede boots she has favored in the recent past, too.

Well, I have now traded in the Seattle show for this one as my best Mac experience ever! It will be very sad for me if they do never tour again, but if so I couldn't have asked for a better way to go out! I had never before made concert signs, but I decided to go for it. I made one that said "We *heart* Johnny Mac!", which John acknowledged before The Chain even started. I felt a little bad, though, because he said, "It's always the two" and pointed back and forth between himself and Mick. I indeed had a sign for Mick that I was going to put up during his drum solo, but I wasn't able to (more later).

I got my Guitar Player mag signed by LB, which was quite lucky because he only did about 4 or 5 this time. He was having trouble reaching people and also had to go. (I think they have to get the heck outta there when the venue is an amp because the traffic is always so bad leaving the parking lots.) He kindly climbed down on his hands and knees to reach some people's hands, though, and also profusely apologized to the autograph seekers he couldn't reach. I also finally played his guitar!!! We all had our arms on the stage and most of us moved them as he came down, but my boyfriend didn't realize Lindsey was trying to make sure he could step down and left his arms there. I promptly threw them out of the way and Lindsey laughed.

Okay...my SHINING MOMENT, if I may brag:

My absolute favorite part of Tusk has always been the "real savage-like" bit, which, to my knowledge, LB has not said during the song in years. I made a sign that said (you guessed it) REAL SAVAGE-LIKE and held it up during Tusk. He leaned down and squinted during a break in the song so he could read it and got the biggest kick out of it! I was over the moon about that when a rude security guard starts poking me and telling me that FM's security has asked him to take the sign. I said "no way", but that I would keep it down. My boyfriend completely unnecessarily almost got kicked out for arguing with the guy...he didn't realize the guy was security and was just trying to protect me from being assaulted ! Anyway, when I turned my attention back to the show, LB sang "real savage-like" for me!!! Needless to say, I thought my head was going to explode! (Please, oh please, tell me someone was recording this show!)

Okay, I totally lied about not rambling, but I hope my Mac Attack was a reasonably enjoyable read!

Old 07-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
Anyway, when I turned my attention back to the show, LB sang "real savage-like" for me!!! Needless to say, I thought my head was going to explode! (Please, oh please, tell me someone was recording this show!)

I'll check around to see if anyone outside the usual FM/SN circles recorded this show...

Glad ya had a fun time at the show.

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
I'll check around to see if anyone outside the usual FM/SN circles recorded this show...

Glad ya had a fun time at the show.

Brian j.
Thanks, Brian!!! I was actually thinking about emailing you to help me out!

YOU ROCK!

Old 07-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
Quote:
Anyway, when I turned my attention back to the show, LB sang "real savage-like" for me!!!
Some have argued that Lindsey wasn't allowed to sing that line in live performances because he angered a few band members (you guessed 'em ) with it. Anyway, he did yell it on the 11/6/1979 show too.

Trés cool experience for you.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 07-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Ledgie

Why did he stop singing it? Who was upset with the line?

Forgive my ignorance, I've never heard this before. If someone could enlighten me I'd be grateful.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please forgive me if anything is incoherant...I'm on 5 hours' sleep.

I won't ramble as much as I did with the Seattle show, but there were some more great moments last night in Clark Co, WA!!!

{AliP~Sorry we didn't make it past "Hi"...did you get to your seat at the last minute? We looked for you before the show, but couldn't seem to spot you. What did your shirt say? Congrats on being the "Come girl"...I didn't even bother trying with you right next to me! lol That was your Mom with you, right? Has her "fandom" increased since last year? I remember you saying last year that she called GDW something really funny because she didn't know better. I felt kinda bad when she would talk to me because my breath was reakin' from dehydration and screaming. Hope you made it home safely.}
Hello!
I just got home - a long drive for me 9 hours!! Actually, no that wasn't my mom, She had enough from all the concerts I dragged her to last year so she sat this one out. She thinks I'm crazy going to all these concerts. LOL. I bought those tickets only a few days before the concert and sold the other one to a very nice lady (I know she is a lurker so Hello, if you are reading this!!) Lucky her, got Lindsey's towel!! Yay!

Sorry if I startled you when I poked you and asked you if you posted on the ledge. You looked at me like "huh?" LOL. But I remembered you from last year and wanted to say Hi! I saw you and your boyfriend sitting behind us before the concert then saw you walk up front and sit up there. I was trying to figure out what you were doing! That is a very good idea! And security never caught on and nobody ever sat in those seats?? That's awesome.

Your review was awesome! You remembered alot more than I did. I was busy messing with my camera the entire night. I took a few videos too! I will work on my review and get the pictures posted soon.

Do you know why that guy who worked there was taking pictures of people before the show?? He tried to offer me some row 7 tickets while I was waiting at will call. But since I already had front row I didn't take them. Do you know if those girls that had front row had backstage passes or something?? He was talking to them alot. I saw you talking to them before the concert. Just curious what was going on! I remember Lindsey reading your sign - that was awesome!! And he sang "Real Savage Like" - I sang it too!!

My shirt said "What Makes You Think You're the One." It had some pictures of Lindsey on it and a few lyrics. I will have to scan a picture of it and post it. That was funny when he read it - he couldn't really see it very well! LOL!
I'm so glad we had such a great night up front!

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 07-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
Some have argued that Lindsey wasn't allowed to sing that line in live performances because he angered a few band members (you guessed 'em ) with it. Anyway, he did yell it on the 11/6/1979 show too.

Trés cool experience for you.
Why would he offend anyone? Is this some type of inuendo I'm unaware of?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 07-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Ledgie

[QUOTE=EveryHour][I] What I thought was her incredible "new" ending to GDW in Seattle was apparently specific to that show...more than glad I got to see it! Stevie was vocally on fire last night.

Sounds like a great show! By "new" ending, do you mean how she repeated the "shadow, shadow" in a very cool way at the end?? I wasn't in Seattle but she did this in Spokane on Saturday night and I thought it was fantastic!! I figured it was the "new" way she was doing it as well. I'll be interested to see how it goes in Bozeman...

Erin
Old 07-07-2004, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like a great show! Glad you had fun!

Pip
Old 07-07-2004, 05:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowSounds
Why did he stop singing it? Who was upset with the line?
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Why would he offend anyone? Is this some type of inuendo I'm unaware of?
Well, if we go with Nancy's speculation here then it's no surprise he didn't sing it that much:
http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/bn/tusk/tusk.html

Old 07-07-2004, 07:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks for the reviews, I love reading them!
Old 07-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

I thought it was Mick saying "real savage like."
Old 07-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

[QUOTE=Watchdevil22]
Quote:
[I] What I thought was her incredible "new" ending to GDW in Seattle was apparently specific to that show...more than glad I got to see it! Stevie was vocally on fire last night.

Sounds like a great show! By "new" ending, do you mean how she repeated the "shadow, shadow" in a very cool way at the end?? I wasn't in Seattle but she did this in Spokane on Saturday night and I thought it was fantastic!! I figured it was the "new" way she was doing it as well. I'll be interested to see how it goes in Bozeman...

Erin
She did it in Hershey too - and she tore that entire show up!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How the hell have I missed "real savage-like" for all these years? Anyone know off-hand any old boots in which he sings this line?

paula
Old 07-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
How the hell have I missed "real savage-like" for all these years? Anyone know off-hand any old boots in which he sings this line?
You know Paula, I may have claimed that it was 11/6/1979 show but after reading your trade page (where you have it listed, and since you claim you've never heard it) I've come to the conclusion that I might have been wrong. Maybe this is another St. Louis 1979 show, my copy just might be mislabelled. Anyway, it's around 3.10-3.13 in the performance.