Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2014, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
...This band isn't going to get any more interesting just because Christine is coming back. And that's not a shot at her. I respect her and she wrote some terrific songs in her day.

I wasn't crazy about "Temporary One" or the stuff from "Time." I bet if there is a new album, the stuff won't be much better. I hope she proves me wrong.

If there is no new album, then it's just another nostalgia tour, except they will now be able to add four or five Christine songs. Whopeee!

Agreed. Even with a new album, it's a fantasy Chris will make a huge difference to the current FM sound except what she can add to their vocal blend. No, the back up singers aren't going anywhere. They're still needed with or without her. She's a 70 year old woman! Her voice can't be much better than Stevie's or Lindsey's when stretched across a full set and a long tour. She hasn't done an album in nearly a decade and only performed live a couple of times in very brief appearances since 1998. All the people who expect her to be the savoir for this "stale act" masquerading as FM the past 15 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I became a Fleetwood Mac fan because of The Dance, but never saw the band in person with Christine McVie. Then, I became a big fan of Buckingham Nicks. It is not hard to see where my main interest lies, but I've had the opportunity to see them front Fleetwood Mac many, many times. Adding Christine to the mix again will make it different and fresh. New music could also have done that, but alas, Stevie did not produce on that score.

I was THRILLED to hear Without You performed on tour. It was like a dream come true. The idea of a Buckingham Nicks tour is also terribly exciting to me. However, I'm willing to wait another year for that if it means I can see Christine with the band at last. The same is true for the solo material. It's not as if her return means we'll never see LB or SN solo again - it just means we wait a bit longer for it.

For me, there's always been Buckingham Nicks, and then Fleetwood Mac... separate entities. I want to see Christine as part of the entity that is FM. I want to see BN on their own terms. I still believe that can happen.

I believe we can have it ALL! Christine and FM now, BN/solo later. No, BN/solo later is not guaranteed... but it never has been guaranteed. If Stevie and Lindsey mean what they've been saying and if the re-release of BN is truly important to them, then a summer tour with Chris won't nullify that. Take courage, BN fans - it's all good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
This is the best post I've seen in weeks! I love the enthusiasm...seems like everyone is in a tizzy and we don't even really know what is going on yet! I like the idea that we can have it all...
Okay, I WANT IT ALL!