Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2020, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$he would!!!

I seriously don't think $he's smart enough to successfully dial a phone number.

Edit - why did he put the electric skillet on the stove?

Oh, I get it.... *eyeroll*
**Sigh**
I have deep regrets that I did not ask Lindsey during the meet and greet about the electric skillet. Or better yet, I could have brought a new electric skillet as a gift
I would bet my life if an electric skillet was put on the stove to cook hamburger helper it was her!
Old 05-11-2020, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
**Sigh**
I have deep regrets that I did not ask Lindsey during the meet and greet about the electric skillet. Or better yet, I could have brought a new electric skillet as a gift
I would bet my life if an electric skillet was put on the stove to cook hamburger helper it was her!
Missed opportunity!!!

I will give her that $he managed to go far in life, while appearing to be a barely functional being.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this nonsense of him never working while they were together has gone on long enough.

first, he was working on arranging and producing their music -- including HER songs. If left to her they would never have gotten beyond playing two notes on a piano in a dumpster apartment. Arranging her songs and working out all the instrumental parts WAS working. Who sat and fell asleep in the coffee plant while someone else was doing all the instrument playing, engineering, harmonizing, mic set ups, etc??

Who was sitting in the studio all night doodling in notebooks and painting her nails or whatever while OTHER PEOPLE (Lindsey, Keith, Richard etc) did all of the above?

Further, Lindsey DID have an outside job (at least for a while) doing telemarketing. I've got (or had) a tape of him in an interview describing how he'd be selling ad space in some sort of yellow pages type directory and would have to start at like 4 or 5 am to start calling businesses on the east coast (where it would be 7 or 8 am) to try and get them to buy ads. It was in his words a scam and he quit after like maybe a week or two....but then, how long was Miss Thang a dental assistant? She quit after a day. Suffice to say neither of them is particularly cut out for work as anything other than artists.

I will say at least Chris would carry and set up her own gear even after she had roadies. Stevie, by her own admission, has NEVER carried an amp or a mic stand or ANY sort of equipment. Who began having an entourage of assistants as soon as she could afford one? It was only on Chris's first tour back with the 5 that she talked about finally agreeing to get a second/adjoining hotel room for setting up her stage clothes etc. Chris has also talked about in the time before Stevie joined she (Chris) usually carried her own suitcases etc. Not our Queen.

As for your transcript, Stevie wouldn't have been as aggressive with him in those days-- she would have done the passive/aggressive girly thing of pouring on the tears, and saying things like "You've broken my heart", embroidering sad faces on his jeans, and then taking over Richard's room/bed forcing Richard to find somewhere else to sleep.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-11-2020 at 07:17 PM..
Old 05-11-2020, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie may have gotten them regular weekly income from her jobs. The kind of regular cash flow that you need to pay the utility bills. But Lindsey had gigs. We all know that he was working when she wrote Landslide and she was pouty about it. He also was working when Mick made him an offer, because I remember someone mentioned it in the Warren Zevon book, that they told him he didn’t need Fleetwood Mac because he was making a whopping $400 with them.

Lindsey used that 10k he inherited from the aunt towards their equipment, but said he had some left over. And remember, Stevie left him briefly and went away and he was maintaining the apartment with Richard in her absence. She said she had to come back when she ran out of money and she had to eat humble pie to move back in with him. He was managing to pay rent somehow without her or getting Richard to pay his share. He may have been on the floor smoking hash, ruining their electrical appliances, bouncing checks and being lazy, but all told he probably contributed at least as much money to the household as she did.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie may have gotten them regular weekly income from her jobs. The kind of regular cash flow that you need to pay the utility bills. But Lindsey had gigs.
Skilled versus unskilled work?
Old 05-11-2020, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
As for your transcript, Stevie wouldn't have been as aggressive with him in those days-- she would have done the passive/aggressive girly thing of pouring on the tears, and saying things like "You've broken my heart", embroidering sad faces on his jeans, and then taking over Richard's room/bed forcing Richard to find somewhere else to sleep.
We all know the story that Lindsey used to spend his days getting stoned and doing nothing while $tevie was the martyr who spent her days scrubing and cooking is a nice and fabricated fiction.
$tevie herself had talked many times about that period of her life and she never implied a transcript like that.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
$tevie herself had talked many times about that period of her life and she never implied a transcript like that.
”Parody: an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-11-2020, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Skilled versus unskilled work?
Yeah, but I don’t say that gal could not have earned a living. Really. She can make a song with her background vocals alone. I don’t deny her that. I am sure she could have been a studio singer, if she did not break out as a lead.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, but I don’t say that gal could not have earned a living. Really. She can make a song with her background vocals alone. I don’t deny her that. I am sure she could have been a studio singer, if she did not break out as a lead.
I don't know about the studio singer part. She's never been a strong singer, nor had much stamina.

And on harmony, she can't seem to lose her vibrato, which doesn't blend on harmonies. Remember Lindsey asking her in the Tusk doc outtakes, 'as little vibrato as you can go for, Stevie'. Her vibrato is fine on lead, but not on harmonies. It clashes.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't know about the studio singer part. She's never been a strong singer, nor had much stamina.

And on harmony, she can't seem to lose her vibrato, which doesn't blend on harmonies. Remember Lindsey asking her in the Tusk doc outtakes, 'as little vibrato as you can go for, Stevie'. Her vibrato is fine on lead, but not on harmonies. It clashes.
It never seems to hurt Emmylou.

THE Stephen Hopkins