User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Either way, if a tour happens we can meet up and catch Lindsey as he leaves through the back door of the venue We stand a better chance of meeting him if we group together haha.
I'm up for that - I'll dive for his legs and you can sit on him That's the only way I'm likely to sneakily get that memento I've set my heart on
Old 05-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I'm up for that - I'll dive for his legs and you can sit on him That's the only way I'm likely to sneakily get that memento I've set my heart on
Baha! I'll dress like a Bee so you know who your accomplice is in the crowd I'll try and distract him with a chat about something obscure and bizarre, as I probably have become well known for, while you can go for your prize
Old 05-15-2011, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Baha! I'll dress like a Bee so you know who your accomplice is in the crowd I'll try and distract him with a chat about something obscure and bizarre, as I probably have become well known for, while you can go for your prize
Won't have to forget the certain instrument needed for the delicate procedure
Old 05-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

I just read this on my MSN music news. I hope she's right, if not about the new FM album, at least about the tour. But I'd take both. I'd be so there for the tour!

Lee
Old 05-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
It would be neat if they did a 20 song set, devoting the first half to material from Mirage and earlier, and the second half to material from Tango, Behind The Mask and Say You Will.
That would be nice, but anything that's not Buckingham/Nicks (with the noted exception of Lindsay's cover of Peter's "Oh Well") era is destined to never be played again by Fleetwood Mac. Nothing from "Tango" was played on the last tour as I recall and "Behind The Mask" has become like a red-headed stepchild, so we can all pretty much forget those two CDs ever existed or those times in the band ever happened.

Despite, of course, the phenomenal success of "Tango", the awesome tour with Rick Vito and Billy Burnette that followed and the fantastic tour for "BTM", which was also a really good CD, although it could have been better and showcased Rick and Billy's talents better as well.

Sadly, if they don't record another album, but decide to just tour, we will be treated to a set list that will only include songs from the "white" album, "Rumours", and "Tusk", intermixed with a few solo tunes from Buckingham and Nicks respectively. It will basically be "Unleashed", part Deux.

I hope they record an album prior to a tour. They'd be foolish not to.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
Just a tour wouldn't be so bad, who knows maybe they'll acknowledge the fact that they have albums other than Rumours this time.

Don't hold your breath.

If they had a brain in their heads, they'd play a big chunk of the new album on this upcoming tour since they already did the "hits" thing without an album to promote last tour. Would be cool if they'd finally demolish the invisible barrier between the band & their solo material (like the Eagles do...the ONLY thing I like about their live show). Some of the more memorable moments for me in FMac's live set has been when they've done solo material. (Lindsey with "Go Insane", Stevie with "Stand Back" & "HAEWAFY"). Especially in Lindsey's case, the line between what is a solo song and a FMac song has recently been blurred to the point of inconsequentialness (since quite a few of the original GOS tunes were used for the band on SYW and songs with Mick & John showed up on the "official" GOS). Add to that, Lindsey's solo band is pretty much the FMac "hired guns", so there's not a big "learning curve" with the material. Doesn't matter anymore...so do them in concert.

I may be one of the only ones, but I would love for the next FMac tour's set list to be 95% Rumours-free. ("Dreams" & "Go Your Own Way" only...let's go "Chain"-less, as well this time out)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
Nothing from "Tango" was played on the last tour as I recall .
Umm..."Big Love"

Last edited by chiliD; 05-17-2011 at 12:30 PM..
Old 05-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Don't hold your breath.

If they had a brain in their heads, they'd play a big chunk of the new album on this upcoming tour since they already did the "hits" thing without an album to promote last tour. Would be cool if they'd finally demolish the invisible barrier between the band & their solo material (like the Eagles do...the ONLY thing I like about their live show). Some of the more memorable moments for me in FMac's live set has been when they've done solo material. (Lindsey with "Go Insane", Stevie with "Stand Back" & "HAEWAFY"). Especially in Lindsey's case, the line between what is a solo song and a FMac song has recently been blurred to the point of inconsequentialness (since quite a few of the original GOS tunes were used for the band on SYW and songs with Mick & John showed up on the "official" GOS). Add to that, Lindsey's solo band is pretty much the FMac "hired guns", so there's not a big "learning curve" with the material. Doesn't matter anymore...so do them in concert.

I may be one of the only ones, but I would love for the next FMac tour's set list to be 95% Rumours-free.

Umm..."Big Love"
Oh I'd certainly agree with that - but not to drop Go You Own Way.

There are so many other great songs that we don't hear enough of live because so much time is taken up with Rumours stuff.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If I were a casual fan and didn't hear hits like Dreams, Go Your Own Way, and The Chain, I'd probably be disappointed. They should incorporate more songs from other albums, yes. However, only doing one or two songs from Rumours, one of the best albums ever made, is foolish and would leave many casual fans feeling ripped off.

As for Tango and Behind the Mask, Stevie's material on those albums is simply inferior to her past work with the Mac. The best stuff on those albums is Christine's and she's not around to sing it. As far as Lindsey goes, Family Man and You and I Part 2 aren't exactly career highlights, and it's little wonder he doesn't want to do material off of Behind the Mask when he wasn't even a band member at the time. While I like the title track and Caroline well enough, they aren't as good as his past work.

Other than attempting a re-arrangement of the hit Little Lies to make it fly without Christine (quite a challenge), including more material from Tango and Behind the Mask wouldn't work too well with the current line-up. They already have Big Love from Tango and that is enough. JMHO.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-17-2011 at 01:09 PM..
Old 05-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
If I were a casual fan and didn't hear hits like Dreams, Go Your Own Way, and The Chain, I'd probably be disappointed. They should incorporate more songs from other albums, yes. However, only doing one or two songs from Rumours, one of the best albums ever made, is foolish and would leave many casual fans feeling ripped off.

As for Tango and Behind the Mask, Stevie's material on those albums is simply inferior to her past work with the Mac. The best stuff on those albums is Christine's and she's not around to sing it. As far as Lindsey goes, Family Man and You and I Part 2 aren't exactly career highlights, and it's little wonder he doesn't want to do material off of Behind the Mask when he wasn't even a band member at the time. While I like the title track and Caroline well enough, they aren't as good as his past work.

Other than attempting a re-arrangement of the hit Little Lies to make it fly without Christine (quite a challenge), including more material from Tango and Behind the Mask wouldn't work too well with the current line-up. They already have Big Love from Tango and that is enough. JMHO.
You made some good points there, but I'd have to disagree with the wide assessment to pretend Tango and BTM don't exist for touring purposes.

A Tango-to-the-present setlist could look like this...

Seven Wonders
Caroline
When I See You Again (just Stevie & Lindsey on guitar - no Mick or John)
Tango In The Night
Freedom (OK, so only one BTM song but that's better than nothing)
Steal Your Heart Away
Running Through The Garden
Twisted (w/Lindsey)
Say Goodbye
Everybody Finds Out

I'd much rather hear Caroline and Tango live than hear The Chain and Tusk or Never Going Back Again...again......and again... Just my opinion, as well.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case

Last edited by KarmaContestant; 05-17-2011 at 02:17 PM..
Old 05-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Call me selfish, but for my own sanity, I hope it is just an offhand comment like when everyone thought ABBA were reuniting. On the one hand I couldn't live with myself if I didn't go but on the other, I just simply refuse to fork out Ł150 to go see John and have to endure Stevie and Liddy dragging out the same tired old setlist that I KNOW will be played

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All they really need to do is just limit the amount of songs from each album, say no more that 4 songs from an album?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I may be one of the only ones, but I would love for the next FMac tour's set list to be 95% Rumours-free.
:
Imposible.. I mean, it's a great idea and I'd love to see they have more space for never played live songs. But remember tours are also business, so they have to play hits. And Rumours hits were the most famous. Besides, the massive audience are not necesarily ultra fans like us who appreciate those not well known songs. They expect Dreams, Don't Stop, GYOW.

I went last week to the Paul McCartney concert, in Peru. First time a Beatle was in peruvian lands. He opened the 2011 tour here, what a honor. I enjoyed a lot, it was a great beautiful experience. My point is.. I was expecting Yesterday, Let it be, Band on the Run and Hey Jude. I had been very disappointed if he didn't played those songs. But maybe the ultra Paul fans are a bit tired of those songs. But Paul knows that 40,000 souls, most of them will be crying listening Yesterday. And we were.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
It really is time for Fleetwood Mac to get back together. Both Stevie and Lindsey have done their respective solo albums/tours. Remember its been 8 years since Say You Will. So 2012 should be the "Year of the Mac"!
Can't believe it's been 8 years since SYW. It seems to be like it was 3 years.

And Gift of Screws is 3yo.. I feel like it was last year.

Time pass so fast
Old 05-19-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
Just a tour wouldn't be so bad, who knows maybe they'll acknowledge the fact that they have albums other than Rumours this time.

haha great one RickRobert!! but seriously no..
Old 05-19-2011, 03:49 PM

What would be great is if they did the Tusk album.. the whole thing in order...

Gosh Christine.. that would be worth coming back for!!!

Ok I'm done Dreamin this Dream...