User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-25-2003, 09:34 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally posted by pwyll
I have a row aa and f. I believe the double letters are behind the regular alphabet - for example A - Z and then AA, BB, etc.
I bloody well hope not for £75 !!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2003, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i don't get this map too. i see section AA and i see the seats are from 1 to 72 (which puts me right in the middle) yet i can't see any row X there! i don't get this map!

somewhere deep in the middle of the night baby, i think about you!!! she says somewhere deep in the middle of the night my baby, i think about you!!!! she says i know what it sounds liiike! i know what it sounds liiiiiiiiiiike, i know what it sounds like, it sounds like youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!

Last edited by tommer; 07-25-2003 at 09:48 AM..
Old 07-25-2003, 09:50 AM

I have been trying to phone Earls court direct but no joy so far

Its all very confusing!!
Old 07-25-2003, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, the seating charts are very confusing and are all slightly different from one another.

I just confirmed this with Ticketmaster Customer Services:

Seats go row A, B, C, D..etc to ..X, Y, Z, AA, BB, CC..etc. So row "AA" is the 25th row. (As there is no "Row I" and no "Row O".)

Which is EXTREMELY annoying because for a second I thought I'd scored front row seats when I got "BLOCK AA, ROW AA." The Ticketmaster Customer Services guy had the honour of bursting my bubble.

I was simultaneously calling the "0870 903 9033" number (which seemed to be permanently lacking any free operators) and checking Ticketmaster, which repeatedly insisted that there were no more seats available for the premium price! After about 20 "re-tries" it started bringing up seats in the raised levels alongside Lindsey, and then at about 9:10am Block AA seats started magically showing up.

I managed to get two seats in row Y and two seats in row AA, both Block AA. Could've been better, but anyone who's managed to get seats in Block AA or the first half of Block BB should count themselves lucky, because Earls Court is HUUUGE and getting Block DD or Block EE is not the equivalent of getting "back of the floor" in the States: the people on the stage look like tiny dots from the back of Earls Court One.

Fingers crossed for the second night.

Old 07-25-2003, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm selling my single AA row AA ticket. Email me if interested at pwyll49682@aol.com.

Bob
Old 07-25-2003, 10:42 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
Seats go row A, B, C, D..etc to ..X, Y, Z, AA, BB, CC..etc. So row "AA" is the 25th row. (As there is no "Row I" and no "Row O".)
[/B]
BUGGER!!!!!
Old 07-25-2003, 10:46 AM

Angry

Looks like the fanclub tickets are the front rows in block AA then!!

Is there discount on fc tickets?

Well im still happy 25 rows back, could be worse

I am still 4th row manchester unless of course Row D is the 21st row or something annoting like that!!
Old 07-25-2003, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by iamstevienicks
Looks like the fanclub tickets are the front rows in block AA then!!
You must be joking! I would guess that at most the "fan"-club probably has 10 seats in that entire block and they're probably in the double-letter region. The rest will be the "best of the worst" as they were in the States.

The first half of Block AA will be reserved by the band, the management, other people connected with the band, Earls Court execs., ("good") ticket scalpers, radio stations, charities etc etc.

You SHOULD be very happy with those tickets you have Mike, they are VERY close, relatively speaking. Also, the space between rows at Earls Court One is VERY small. The seats are all clumped together on the floor, so the distance to the stage is less than you think at the moment. All of Block AA is close. It's Block BB that stretches on forever. Anything more than halfway back from Block BB and you'll need binoculars.

Old 07-25-2003, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca

You SHOULD be very happy with those tickets you have Mike, they are VERY close, relatively speaking. Also, the space between rows at Earls Court One is VERY small. The seats are all clumped together on the floor, so the distance to the stage is less than you think at the moment. All of Block AA is close. It's Block BB that stretches on forever. Anything more than halfway back from Block BB and you'll need binoculars.
Ah you sure know how to make a guy happy

Yeah, everything you say sounds right to me!!
Old 07-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Ledgie

I'm happy with my seats i just wish they done general admission for the floor. I went to a David Gray concert at earls court one and ended up in the front row. it's also a great atmosphere because you don't have to worry about security yelling at you for dancing in the aisles.

Kate
Old 07-25-2003, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hope to meet up with any travelling ledgies! Email me or PM me as I will be organising a gathering! LOL! That's if I can get some tickets as I don't have any yet!!!

Pip