Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-24-2003, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good job again, Sugar!

And yeah, she did say that FFG was about being in FM.

I think whatever happened (if something did happen) was all a big misunderstanding...Blame it on misreading of signs and signals, which happens to ALL of us. Boy, I can most definitely identify with Stevie there! While she can laugh at the silly things he does on stage, I'm sure that it hurts because it's like "you want to play around but you don't love me like THAT anymore"--kinda how she described how Lindsey felt about Stevie's treatment of him during Rumours--"you don't love me or want to be my girlfriend or my wife, but you want me to work on your songs that are about us breaking up? Is there anything else you'd like, you know, in my spare time?" (Paraphrasing, but it was in the RS article when the Dance was beginning).

"If you f*ck with my people, I'm gonna get real f*cking angry!" (Stevie-1988)

If I'd have written a song on "Rumours"? How about "You want a what?", or "We should have had a Pre-Nup". (John McVie)
Old 07-25-2003, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Maybe I'm Crazy But...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sugar
...after she got the "Look, Stevie, things are never gonna be the same" speech. Maybe it was all in her head, but she doesn't really think so...

This post is much too long...but this is what I'm getting out of it...

Just one reporter's opinion...
what about "Thrown Down?" Judging from the lyrics to that song it seems to me that it was Lindsey who got that speech not Stevie. He seemed to be pursing her and TD was her way of letting him down easy.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Maybe I'm Crazy But...

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller
what about "Thrown Down?" Judging from the lyrics to that song it seems to me that it was Lindsey who got that speech not Stevie. He seemed to be pursing her and TD was her way of letting him down easy.
I do agree that it seems from TD that Lindsey was the one doing the pursuing, but I don't think in the song she is "letting him down easy," it just seems she is describing everything that happened at that time. Perhaps I am interpreting it incorrectly?

"I've shaken your faith in me."
"No, you've shaken my faith in everything else."

Who said what line? Anyone have any guesses? I really have no clue.

xx Meredith
Old 07-26-2003, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller
First off, far be it from me to say that I know Stevie enough to be able to put all of her songs into some logical, linear timeline... (Did I just put "logical" and "Stevie" in the same sentence? )

But, if my read on FFG is accurate, maybe TD was put down while she thought he was pursuing her and maybe SHE was having doubts! I know I was once in a relationship where I had doubts about the guy and I wasn't sure if it could work out...and then he broke it off with ME! I was livid as well as heartbroken.

Of course putting it all in this light makes the lyric, "You say you're sorry/ now you should walk away/ but it's so overwhelming/ you have nothing left to say" quite interesting!

Actually (and I'm forming this as I'm typing this) I always wondered about "You can sit outside his door and wait/ well you can dedicate your pain to him". If the song is about him chasing her, why is it HER pain outside HIS door? MAYBE this song is her reflecting on this whole thing (after the anger of FFG) saying to herself, "Stevie, what were you thinking?"

The "He fell for her" bit and the "barricade" bits were real enough at the time (and she thought SHE held the cards), but it isn't how it was. Am I making sense?

Then there's the new lyrics, the ones NOT written during The Dance: they've shaken their faith in each other (too many harsh words no doubt), and now he's going home. "Faith is a hard thing to hold on to/ something inside you says I don't have to...you do what you want to"...oh yeah, that's about Lindsey all right, but it's got nothing to do with his music!

ONCE AGAIN I've gone on too long. And of course this is all just interpretation and I can't prove a lick of it, but one thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that there are no doubt a million little pieces of SnL's long relationship that have affected the course of their relationship that we may never know about!

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 07-26-2003, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Maybe I'm Crazy But...

Quote:
Originally posted by Merf
"I've shaken your faith in me."
"No, you've shaken my faith in everything else."

Who said what line? Anyone have any guesses? I really have no clue.

To me this is Stevie, "Oh sure, you can't come back to me because of how I am, but your misleading me makes me doubt how I perceive everything BUT me! I KNOW what I'm feeling".

Or maybe the first line is him and the second is her, with essentially the same result...

Ah hell...I don't know!

Take on the situation but not the torment