User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I wonder too. It doesn't seem to be a lining on the jacket because you can't see it at all anywhere else. Inquiring minds want to know.
is that what Margi Kent uses for a brand label? I was surprised when I learned she did his clothes too. So many of his things look like the Gap or something.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I say we give this particular variant a new name:

Resting Buckingham Face
I love this!
Old 11-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I think we have different definitions of RBF.

Resting B*tchy Face as I understand it means when you are just normally walking around, or doing work, or whatever, your face in its normal resting state (which you are not purposely putting on) has an expression on it that others interpret to mean that you are in a bad mood or irritated or something -- yet you yourself don't realize this until someone tells you.

So to me, if someone had taken a candid shot of Lindsey just being himself in the studio or wherever and his face looked overly serious or cranky or something then THAT would be "RBF"

But when you KNOW that someone is pointing a camera at you and they are taking a picture and you have agreed to let them take your picture, and in that moment, when you just seconds before have been talking and smiling and laughing with people, in that moment that you are fully aware and consenting to have your photo taken, if you then decide to STOP smiling and laughing and PUT ON a serious, non-smiling face, that to me is definitely NOT "RBF" at all.

That's why I think it's funny..... he is deliberately choosing that face for photos. That's what I meant by 'active'. I mean, come on, this guy has seen photos of himself for almost 70 years of his life, 50 of them getting his pic taken for publicity and the like -- he knows how he wants to come across in photos and poses deliberately. With a face that looks like rather than one that looks like

Sorry yes I thought you meant the smiley shot. But I do think even that pic knowing the cameras are on him, even looks a little more natural and not a forced smile. In the Buck vie publicity shots he looked pained to be there. The look he seems more comfortable conveying is a bit more serious. He is the studio hermit
Old 11-05-2018, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

View this post on Instagram

One of us is going to have to change...

A post shared by Lindsey Buckingham (@lindseybuckingham) on

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I wonder too. It doesn't seem to be a lining on the jacket because you can't see it at all anywhere else. Inquiring minds want to know.
it is lining of the jacket. you can see it a lot during shows. it's very colorful.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Black angel

Oh no--looks like Kristen got the same fashion directive as the rest of the band.

They look like a spy couple--very cool.

Great happy pic!
Old 11-05-2018, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Oh no--looks like Kristen got the same fashion directive as the rest of the band.

They look like a spy couple--very cool.

Great happy pic!
wasn't she reading stuff on here sometimes-- maybe she got him to smile for us. Thanks, KB!
Old 11-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so glad I got tickets to this show! When I saw him in 2006 he didn't play anything from OOTC and he's playing half of the album on this tour. And Slow Dancing. I think his guitar string broke during GYOW and they hurriedly rushed out another guitar so he could finish the song.

He said he's coming out with a new album next year and they would be back. Dunno if he's mentioned it at other shows. Anyway, it was great!
Old 11-06-2018, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it is lining of the jacket. you can see it a lot during shows. it's very colorful.
Gotcha. Thanks, mystery solved! That's cool that he has a little hidden splash of color.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

https://www.austin360.com/entertainm...nt-performance

Entertainment & Life
Lindsey Buckingham goes his own way with Paramount performance

MOST POPULAR
OUR PICKS

By Peter Blackstock

Posted at 10:22 AM
Updated at 10:38 AM

“We are here for a couple of reasons,” Lindsey Buckingham announced a couple of songs into his performance Monday night at the Paramount Theatre, quickly addressing the 800-pound gorilla in the room. After the obligatory but kind assurance that one reason was because “we love Austin,” he got to the point: “Another is that we’re not out with Fleetwood Mac. So I guess we don’t love them.”

The masterful guitarist, songwriter and producer’s dismissal from that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame band earlier this year inevitably is a big part of the context for his current tour. Bitterness turned into litigation last month when Buckingham filed suit against his former bandmates, who are also on tour right now with new members Mike Campbell and Neil Finn and will play Austin’s Erwin Center in February.

Still, the music was far too good on Monday for the melodrama to be the only focus of the night. Buckingham was always the strongest creative force in Fleetwood Mac, and as such, he’s the musician most worth hearing on his own. A nearly two-hour set with plenty of highlights and an adept four-piece backing band testified to that.

MORE PHOTOS: A-list gallery of Lindsey Buckingham at the Paramount

Buckingham smartly honed in on his 1992 masterpiece “Out of the Cradle,” playing six songs from that album (even while skipping its best single, “Countdown”). Exquisite mood pieces “Street of Dreams” and “Surrender the Rain” showcased the more delicate side of Buckingham’s artistry, and the sweetly swinging “Soul Drifter” sounded so enchanting that it was hard to believe it didn’t become a massive hit 25 years ago.

“Trouble,” the lone song played from Buckingham’s 1981 solo debut “Law & Order,” remains the only top-10 single he’s ever had on his own. But he’s released six solo studio albums, and he drew from each of them on this night, with three standouts from 2006′s “Under the Skin” suggesting it may be the second-best album of his career.

“Shut Us Down” from that record, starting quietly but building to a passionate crescendo, kicked off a three-song mid-set stretch without the band. As solid as Buckingham’s supporting cast is, the solo step-out was probably the highlight of the entire show, especially a mesmerizingly intense rendition of “Never Going Back Again.” Taken from Fleetwood Mac’s 1977 blockbuster album “Rumours,” its message may resonate even deeper with Buckingham now.

He returned to “Rumours” for the set-closing “Go Your Own Way,” wrapping a three-song Fleetwood Mac finale that also included his jungle-beat signature tune “Tusk” and the guitar-shredding showcase “I’m So Afraid.” The latter seems to be a staple of Buckingham’s repertoire — he played it with Fleetwood Mac at the Erwin Center in 2015, and again last year with Mac keyboardist Christine McVie at Bass Concert Hall — but I wish he’d give it a rest. Buckingham is an extraordinarily agile and inventive guitarist, as his playing demonstrated many times on this night. But “I’m So Afraid” is the kind of plodding six-string sludgefest that most any run-of-the-mill hotshot guitar slinger could wail on.

Indeed, far better than the obvious Mac-focused main-set finale was a three-song encore that included “Down on Rodeo” and “Treason,” two lovely acoustic numbers from his more recent solo records. The latter, which closed the show, was on Buckingham’s 2008 album “Gift of Screws” and thus clearly wasn’t written to address either his ex-bandmates or present political circumstances. Yet its placement at the very end of the night suggested that Buckingham very much wanted its message to resonate, on the night before election day: “At the end of the season, we will rise from this treason.”

Opening act J.S. Ondara, a singer-songwriter originally from Kenya, was quite impressive in a 40-minute set that drew from his not-yet-released debut album. Titled “Tales of America,” it’s due out in February, and judging from his performance on this night, it just might make him a household name in this country, or at the very least get him on the “Austin City Limits” TV show soon. Playing acoustic guitar and singing in a rich, resonant high tenor, Ondara joked with the crowd between songs — perhaps a bit too much, as he got in just six tunes in 40 minutes. Still, he held the audience rapt throughout.

Lindsey Buckingham set list:

Don’t Look Down (“Out of the Cradle,” 1992)

Go Insane (“Go Insane,” 1984)

Surrender the Rain (“Out of the Cradle,” 1992)

Not Too Late (“Under the Skin,” 2006)

Doing What I Can (“Out of the Cradle,” 1992)

Trouble (“Law & Order,” 1981)

I Must Go (“Go Insane,” 1984)

Street of Dreams (“Out of the Cradle,” 1992)

Shut Us Down (“Under the Skin,” 2006)

Never Going Back Again (Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours,” 1977)

Big Love (Fleetwood Mac’s “Tango in the Night,” 1987)

In Our Own Time (“Seeds We Sow,” 2011)

Slow Dancing (“Go Insane,” 1984)

Soul Drifter (“Out of the Cradle,” 1992)

Holiday Road (“Vacation” soundtrack, 1983)

Tusk (Fleetwood Mac’s “Tusk,” 1979)

I’m So Afraid (Fleetwood Mac self-titled, 1975)

Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours,” 1977)

Encore

Turn It On (“Out of the Cradle,” 1992)

Down on Rodeo (“Under the Skin,” 2006)

Treason (“Gift of Screws,” 2008)

Old 11-06-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

not sure what's happening with the board, but the way posts show up in the main window is kinda weird. glad we can still post though!