I guess I deserved that!

TODAY, of course!

-Sharon
Old 04-22-2003, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: LB does not need to redeem himself anywhere

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca

As for being "off key"...why are people saying it like he was singing in C instead of F??? He was "off key" by what.....a quarter to half a step...at the MOST?? And for no longer than the first verse. First time they've performed in front of a totally unknown audience in 6 years, and it's at 7 in the morning in freezing windy conditions, I think MAYBE we should give the guy a break huh?!?!?
I am just curious. I replayed the Today show performance (all four) last night several times. It seems that in all of the songs (particularly the chorus), there is an additional high male (?) voice that is off key sounding. I do not think it is LB because I thought I could hear him as well as this other voice. It is hard to see who is actually singing. It could be Brett Tuggle, he has a mike. Did anyone else hear this?

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand that you americans feel strong about the PR-function of this live performance nationwide, but my perception is slightly different. I saw this only via the internet, in a crappy quality, but I really liked GYOW!!! Of course there were some difficulties in the opening, but I really like the raw-edged version of this song, and he took it towards the end: also the solo sounded alot heavier and darker then we are used to. And he sang it with passion. Not perfect, but whatever, I'm not waiting for Dance-slickness this tour, SYW sounds very perfect, 76 minutes long, and now I want them to rock the house down. With mistakes and slightly out of tune singing every now and then. I only want them to play the guts out of them. And I think linds did that during GYOW.

gerald
Old 04-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: LB does not need to redeem himself anywhere

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I am just curious. I replayed the Today show performance (all four) last night several times. It seems that in all of the songs (particularly the chorus), there is an additional high male (?) voice that is off key sounding. I do not think it is LB because I thought I could hear him as well as this other voice. It is hard to see who is actually singing. It could be Brett Tuggle, he has a mike. Did anyone else hear this?
Yes. I agree, there is another male voice in the chorus, possibly Tuggle and that is what is sounding bad. It's not Lindsey for sure. Whoever it is is trying to replace Chris's voice but the vocal range is nowhere near Christines. I think that is why it's so odd.

Secondly, everybody going on about Lindsey messing up the intro guitar is not totally correct, ok the first couple of notes were a bit off I must admit but normally they would be drowned out, read on. The Turner has been set up for a darker more aggressive sound and the reasons the intro sounds bad are 1) Lindsey's Turner's volume is too high at the start (possibly a mixing desk problem for TV which is why it sounded fine live) and 2) Where's that acoustic guitar intro? Yep, again it's barely audible in the background, just bad mixing I guess. Listen again and hear what's missing.....

Old 04-22-2003, 01:51 PM

A lot of people around here don't seem to realize just how loose the Fleetwood Mac of the 70s was. Singing off key and bad notes were commonplace in their shows. Methinks too many of us are expecting Dance-quality sound, which I respectfully submit to you, was a little too perfect.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
A lot of people around here don't seem to realize just how loose the Fleetwood Mac of the 70s was. Singing off key and bad notes were commonplace in their shows. Methinks too many of us are expecting Dance-quality sound, which I respectfully submit to you, was a little too perfect.

I agree.

In fact, I was just thinking that this afternoon after watching some 70's Mac earlier today.

Also we must remember that "The Dance" gig was edited down and cleaned up by Lindsey and Elliot Scheiner after the recording was made, plus it was mixed properly as well. From what I've heard of other Dance tour songs from different nights the same cannot be said, songs recorded and left untouched afterwards. One of the Irvine Meadows shows for instance, Lindsey's GYOW solo totally falls apart from a "perfection" point of view but I wouldn't want to listen to the same songs sounding exactly the same every time. This is Mac not '90s Genesis.

Old 04-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I fondly remember those days

It just seems that these days that regardless of whether it is fair, unless you are perfect, your history as far as sales go and no sales = no new record, etc.

But, then again, the Stones were far from perfect this last time around and they sold very well. So who knows. All I know is I cannot wait to see the Mac in whatever state!!

Old 04-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne2
wow...i cant believe people are letting comments directed at Fleetwood Mac's performance upset them.

What "upset" me was not anybody being critical towards the performance - anybody can be as harsh as they like towards it, that's their opinion, they're perfectly entitled to it.

What DID p**s me off was the thought of anybody (i.e. the semi-fan/guy or girl who likes some of their songs) labelling "Fleetwood Mac 2003" as "rubbish etc" SIMPLY by judging them on this one performance. It's like "yea they were amazing for 36 years!! Perfect!!..................oh!!......Lindsey hit the wrong note.....that's it, it's over, everybody throw your Mac albums into the bin!!! Set your tickets on fire!!........Were you actually thinking of going to a Fleetwood Mac concert....ARE YOU CRAZY!?!...........oh my God ...!! Look at that guy....he's holding the SYW album......STONE HIM!!!!"

Shackin'up said it perfectly, I second his post word for word.

Old 04-22-2003, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Yea I agree with you and Madformac, I definitely hear this second male voice, and it isn't doing any favours for the song that's for sure. Whoever that is, he's trying to stetch out the "way" of "go your own way" like Christine (as Madformac said), and it isn't working. It sounds far too aggressive, isn't in tune and doesn't harmonize well with L&S at all. A bad choice, imo, to use him for the chorus.

Old 04-22-2003, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool I agree...

Seteca is right, I'm not mad at the peeps who say bad things about the Mac...I have grown up with people who made fun of everything I listen to and STILL to this day, make fun of my musical faves. I am having a hard time understanding people saying Lindsey can't sing or play guitar anymore and they are too old to be doing this?!?! WHAT THE FRICK!?!!

If Ozzy Frickin Osbourne can go out there and sing and stuff, the Mac can too!! I am sick of the word OLD...they all look AMAZINGLY wonderful for being in their 50's and I CANNOT say the same thing about other musicians/singers. I'm just happy to say that EVERY SINGLE MEMBER (past AND present!!) of FM is alive!!!! THANK GOD!!

I don't worry about those so-called fans who are saying "Oh, they are still around?" etc...because they should just go back to listening to their Rumours album, and they will forever be happy.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
This may be a bit late in the post, but I was thinking the same thoughts as above. I was also thinking that when one is at a concert, in the heat of the moment, everything sounds perfect. Maybe that's what accounts for the dif. in perception? What the hell, we all know how talented these people are. I only wish they would come to Houston.

Nae
Old 04-22-2003, 11:48 PM
Ledgie

Default Re: Lindsey's kleenex....

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
It was said here on the Ledge that Lindsey picked up a tissue thrown at him from a fan...wiped his nose, then gave it back to the fan!!!
I bet that's SNOT what really happened. I must say I am pleased to see some comments here about how lackluster the Today Concert was. There were some real clunkers and some embarassing out of tune vocals. I hope they shape the hell up before that $150 ticket comes out of my purse!! For once, Nicks sounded more in tune than her backups! Cripes!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Guess we'll...

find out in a lil' more than an hour won't we? Let's hope the performance is first rate...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 04-24-2003, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If he needed redeeming( ! ), he is redeemed. FM gave a much better performance of Peacekeeper on Leno.

Old 04-24-2003, 02:19 PM

Default wtf???

Quote:
If he needed redeeming( ! ), he is redeemed. FM gave a much better performance of Peacekeeper on Leno.

Surely you jest. This performance sucked.

Yes, these guys have always been a bit raw in their performances, and I'm fine with that. But this wasn't "raw". It was boring, terribly off-key and just out of whack.

If they play Say You Will tonight, they have to put some LIFE into it.

Pink Floyd