The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't believe this, but Jana just posted on Facebook yesterday that Stevie smells like gardenias. Thread closed.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Ledgie

Gardenias?
Madonna's new perfume smells strongly of gardenias and wisteria...
I mean almost exactly like real gardenias and wisteria...
There clearly would be a market for Stevie's fragrance! I bet it'd be EXACTLY like gardenias too....

p.s. gardenias and wisteria have always been my favourite flowers
Old 04-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocadelady View Post
Gardenias?
Madonna's new perfume smells strongly of gardenias and wisteria...
I mean almost exactly like real gardenias and wisteria...
There clearly would be a market for Stevie's fragrance! I bet it'd be EXACTLY like gardenias too....

p.s. gardenias and wisteria have always been my favourite flowers
That actually makes sense because when I smelled Madonna's perfume the other day it smelt a LOT like the perfume Fracas, which Stevie reportedly has worn.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She smells like strawberries.Heheheehe............

Maybe Stevie should market purfume. like the Kardashians and Taylor Swift.

She can call it."WildHeart" collection.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 04-27-2012 at 08:55 PM..
Old 04-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I met her last year I could just smell Lamer. Lamer has a fairly strong scent on the skin and since we were in conversation its really the one thing I remember.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:40 AM
Ledgie

as in the skin cream Creme de la mer?

I saw a shirt the other day saying 'blame it on my wild heart' as a slogan and it had no link to Stevie whatsoever :| unimpressed... just to go a little off-topic sorry.

It's strange to imagine Stevie being merchandised in the way other celebrities have, I mean the Kardashians don't really have any other way of making money from their fame other than product endorsement but for now at least Stevie can tour and surely she'll always have enough royalties to sustain an opulent life....
Old 04-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
She smells like strawberries.Heheheehe............

Maybe Stevie should market purfume. like the Kardashians and Taylor Swift.

She can call it."WildHeart" collection.
it's been done ... and with the Fabulous Trisha Yearwood as the spokes Model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HccJFKedEb4
Old 04-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocadelady View Post
as in the skin cream Creme de la mer?

I saw a shirt the other day saying 'blame it on my wild heart' as a slogan and it had no link to Stevie whatsoever :| unimpressed... just to go a little off-topic sorry.

It's strange to imagine Stevie being merchandised in the way other celebrities have, I mean the Kardashians don't really have any other way of making money from their fame other than product endorsement but for now at least Stevie can tour and surely she'll always have enough royalties to sustain an opulent life....
Yep that would be the cream.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I can't believe this, but Jana just posted on Facebook yesterday that Stevie smells like gardenias. Thread closed.
There was that boutique in Beverly Hills that dropped names saying Winona Ryder and Stevie Nicks just GUSH over the Black Gardenia perfume oil. I've never GUSHED in my life!

Gardenias are pretty but, there is a saying in our family...if some perfume, cologne, wall freshener...etc....smells bad, ie old lady perfume....its Jungle Gardenia. As a child...I swear it was pee.

Flower oils are intense and can smell urinish. My guys niece is into Bath and Body Gardenia. I am all like, "Ida...less flower power means less...does she wear depends?"
Old 05-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
Gardenias are pretty but, there is a saying in our family...if some perfume, cologne, wall freshener...etc....smells bad, ie old lady perfume....its Jungle Gardenia.
Blech! I HATE that smell! Do they even make that anymore?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
There was that boutique in Beverly Hills that dropped names saying Winona Ryder and Stevie Nicks just GUSH over the Black Gardenia perfume oil. I've never GUSHED in my life!

Gardenias are pretty but, there is a saying in our family...if some perfume, cologne, wall freshener...etc....smells bad, ie old lady perfume....its Jungle Gardenia. As a child...I swear it was pee.

Flower oils are intense and can smell urinish. My guys niece is into Bath and Body Gardenia. I am all like, "Ida...less flower power means less...does she wear depends?"

I know what you are talking about as far as the old lady gardenia smell or the bath and body Gardenia (smells like old lady to me also) but there are some really nice Gardenia scents out their. Black Gardenia by Michele Bergman is nice. It smells nothing like Gardenia candles or Body sprays or little lotions you get in your stocking at Christmas. It is very sweet and strong but very lovely. I ordered a sample once from here:

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=24400

Of course I've tried Fracas because I read on Corey Buckingham's blog that Stevie used to wear it. Fracas is a blend of several things, the main scent being Tuberose. Bath and Body works has a Velvet Tuberose line that smells quiet nice, and could give you an idea of the Tuberose vs Gardenia smell.

Of course everyone has different smells they prefer, and sometimes what smells nice on you might stink on me...body chemistry matters.Anyways, I'm no perfume expert, but I've been on my own little journey to find a signature scent.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 05-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
Of course everyone has different smells they prefer, and sometimes what smells nice on you might stink on me...body chemistry matters.
This is true. Fracas does not work for me. Too sweet.

I LOVE "Stella" by Stella McCartney. I wear it everyday.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
Blech! I HATE that smell! Do they even make that anymore?
Oh Geez. Jungle Gardenia with the palm tree...deep yellow in color...clear bottle. Even in nature....when my lilac bushes are in full bloom...I wish I would just let people in my yard to help themselves to them. They are my favorite....but, lilac candles are a no go. I wear 2 really old colognes and everyone is like, what is that??? Its awesome.! I have smelled my cologne on other sweaty guys back in the day at the gym...and I wanted to hurl. Took me a long time to put it on. Obsession CK was ruined the 2nd day. I did some crazy print work in the late 80s and 90s...I had so much Drakaar and wrinkled clothing and...well, you know.

I don't like to smell like anyone. I always hated the club scene because of the same artificial note in all the colognes for 10 years. I like mossy, woodsy, musk, patoulli...and a sharp contrast like bamboo and grass or lemon and sweet orange...I love that stuff. I also was offered a job at a local earthy crunchy store as I make my own skin products from 100% natural stuff. It was flattering.

Cliffdweller...I have had my 26th birthday almost 14 times....so we wont go all jungle gardenia....hahaha
Old 05-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the smell of gardenias. It reminds me of when I was little and my mom grew them in her garden in Arizona.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

NEW INFORMATION!!!

http://healthland.time.com/2012/05/3...cientists-say/

Also, I think that I read someone on here say that they got to stand very near her at some IYD doc screenings and that she smelled like Cigarettes?

I think we are getting closer!