Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
He was very much involved in it. He was the one that peddled all of the merch and stuff. He was the one that organized the fan club. I'm sure there are people out there that can vouch for it and how their money was stolen. The reason he chooses not to run one nowadays is because of the debacle that was the original one.
But don't confuse the selling of merchandise with the running of a fan club.
Usually whomever is in charge of a fan club has worked out some kind of deal with whomever distributes the artist-related merchandise, so it can be sold to members of the fan club.

They're related, but they're not necessarily one in the same.

I have some friends who have been following Stevie since her earliest days in Fleetwood Mac... I'll have to ask them what they know about that old fan club.
Old 08-06-2003, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
But don't confuse the selling of merchandise with the running of a fan club.
Usually whomever is in charge of a fan club has worked out some kind of deal with whomever distributes the artist-related merchandise, so it can be sold to members of the fan club.

They're related, but they're not necessarily one in the same.

I have some friends who have been following Stevie since her earliest days in Fleetwood Mac... I'll have to ask them what they know about that old fan club.
I'm not confusing them; I said he ran the fan club AND sold the merch. He may have changed his ways, but that whole business back then was VERY shady. Why do you think he opts not to run one? Because of the debacle from the first fan club.

Old 08-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ShangriLaTroubl
a lot of the things about Ginny are rumours and exaggerated of just how crazy she was/is....
Ginny is as bonkers as the day is long.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David
LOL!

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 08-06-2003, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David

LMAO! At least someone agrees with me!

Old 08-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not confusing them; I said he ran the fan club AND sold the merch. He may have changed his ways, but that whole business back then was VERY shady. Why do you think he opts not to run one? Because of the debacle from the first fan club.
I totally agree with you. I was a member of that club and got nothing to show for it. Yes, I did get the package with the photo, the poster, the badge, a membershipcard, a letter from Stevie etc. After that I ordered some merch and nothing happened. This was around the Wild Heart tour. I didn't get my stuff and I didn't get a refund. So I called him and he said that his partner (in crime) Glen Parrish had run off with all the money. He had gone back to LA. He said that he was loosing his shirt but promised me I'd get my stuff. Nothing happened and when I tried to call him someone would say he wasn't in. So when I was in NYC (in 1984), I went to his office. I either wanted my stuff or a refund. Much to my surprise some movers were cleaning out the office telling me there was no more Fanfair Marketing. Chris Nicks had gone to Arizona and there was nothing left.
Take care ~ Debbie

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 08-07-2003, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by The Catdancer
I totally agree with you. I was a member of that club and got nothing to show for it. Yes, I did get the package with the photo, the poster, the badge, a membershipcard, a letter from Stevie etc. After that I ordered some merch and nothing happened. This was around the Wild Heart tour. I didn't get my stuff and I didn't get a refund. So I called him and he said that his partner (in crime) Glen Parrish had run off with all the money. He had gone back to LA. He said that he was loosing his shirt but promised me I'd get my stuff. Nothing happened and when I tried to call him someone would say he wasn't in. So when I was in NYC (in 1984), I went to his office. I either wanted my stuff or a refund. Much to my surprise some movers were cleaning out the office telling me there was no more Fanfair Marketing. Chris Nicks had gone to Arizona and there was nothing left.
Take care ~ Debbie
LOL! You went to the office, too?! My good friend Donna made a surprise visit to the office and, lo and behold, Fanfair was no more! Did you order the Bella Donna tour t-shirts? I can't believe that he had the balls to do what he did with that fan club.

Thanks for posting about your experience!

Old 08-08-2003, 01:17 AM
Ledgie

Agh well, I got some time, so I'll post my twisted opinion. I joined a few fan clubs over the years, and all of them ended up being rip offs. Tirdmans little house of horrors has been a sight to see. Im sure a contract was signed. Tirdboy is wearing the crown until his pork, and bean can armor is pierced by the thud of Stevie's boot lodging in his colon. If it wasnt for taking a trip to the big house/jail Id wallop The Tird upside his lanky head myself. He isnt worth it though. I didnt join the club, but Ive had a real bad taste in my mouth about this punk. He's a stinky bastard that needs a good a** whipping. Im sure he would cry like a baby if his lip got fattened. Somebody post a pic of ole JT here for the new members. He removed it from the link at Dicks board. Oops Micks. Let me get a barfbag ready first........Mark
I am a rogue Penguin who has a penchant for free thought and expression. You have cast your lot with the revisionists AKA the Maoists, the Nazis, the PolPots ye verily the unthinking forces of darkness which i will rail against with the flapping flippers of a small flightless bird until i get bored and swim away!
Old 08-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL! You went to the office, too?! My good friend Donna made a surprise visit to the office and, lo and behold, Fanfair was no more! Did you order the Bella Donna tour t-shirts? I can't believe that he had the balls to do what he did with that fan club.

Thanks for posting about your experience!
My visit was a surprise too.... to me LOL. I didn't announce I was coming over there and when I did, he just left.
Yes, I ordered the BD shirts and some other stuff. When I met him in 88 I wanted to talk to him about it but Stevie was there too and I didn't want to hurt her feelings and ruin the mood. So I said nothing, I didn't even greet him. He means nothing to me. Maybe he has changed his ways, but I'm not surprised he's not doing a fan club. He knows how loyal Stevie's fans are and as soon as there is a fan club runned by him, his past will come back to haunt him. And he knows that.
Take care ~ Debbie

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 08-08-2003, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by The Catdancer
My visit was a surprise too.... to me LOL. I didn't announce I was coming over there and when I did, he just left.
Yes, I ordered the BD shirts and some other stuff. When I met him in 88 I wanted to talk to him about it but Stevie was there too and I didn't want to hurt her feelings and ruin the mood. So I said nothing, I didn't even greet him. He means nothing to me. Maybe he has changed his ways, but I'm not surprised he's not doing a fan club. He knows how loyal Stevie's fans are and as soon as there is a fan club runned by him, his past will come back to haunt him. And he knows that.
Take care ~ Debbie
I can understand that, I wouldn't want to ruin my meeting with Stevie! LOL

PS: I checked out your page and I think it's awesome that you got to meet Stevie THREE (!!!) times! Fabulous stories!

Old 08-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Hmmm....

Quote:
Also, does anyone remeeber what happened to that character Barabra Marx? I've always wondered if anyone knows what happened to her...
Source:Stevie Nicks FAQ-

http://members.aol.com/steviefaq/

"5.8
Q: Who is Britney Marx?
A: In the 1980s Cheryl Cusella was a Stevie Nicks impersonator in Phoenix. She claimed she owned a limo company, and went into the concert promotion business. Cheryl booked acts she couldn't produce, and didn't pay the ones she did, including Mick Fleetwood's Zoo. Cheryl was convicted of two counts of fraud in 1989, served 38 days in jail, got seven years probation and paid $32,000 in restitution. She then changed her name to Britney Marx. Reportedly in 1990 she published a book called "Sweet Poison: A Heartfelt Diary." Most recently in June of 1999, Britney was charged by the Arizona state attorney general's office with six counts of theft (totalling nearly $500,000) and one count of fraudulent schemes and artifices related to an animal rescue organization."

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-09-2003, 02:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink get your Barf bags out

Here is a web link with J Turds photo. It was on the google search engine
when I looked there.Also the Fan Club fraud petition web site is now
showing in google , on one of the pages when you one put in the name sabermark. lol,I never joined the fan club, I was never banned.I won't be member of micks web site forum.But I support and agree with the fans. I hope J Turd and sabermark gets fired someday etc and banned from ever having any business dealing with Fleetwood Mac or any of the band members ever again etc, etc.

http://pub52.ezboard.com/fthestevien...opicID=6.topic

Last edited by msLinds; 08-09-2003 at 07:25 PM..
Old 08-09-2003, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Just a couple quick comments....
To the best of my knowledge, Chris Nicks wasn't involved with that 'Wild Heart' era fan club.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it was only after that debacle, that Stevie worked it out so that Chris is the only person with the rights to run a fan club if he so desires... but he's always chosen not to.
(I even have a letter from Ginny Kimano, from around 1991, stating as much.)

Also, Ginny never ran a fan club, per se. She simply answered Stevie's fan mail, and often fulfilled fans' requests for photos, etc.
I know that you used to be able to send a photo, and ask that Stevie sign it.

As for the other allegations... again, to the best of my knowledge, some twisted person claiming to be Ginny used to post on various message boards and Mac-related chatrooms. She was nasty, rude, and generally dislikable... but I don't believe for one second she was really Ginny Kimano. Just someone who, unfortunately, gave the poor woman a bad reputation... and people fell for it.
I don't know Ms. Kimano personally, but I hate when someone's reputation is marred by rumours... and that's exactly what these are.

Ginny no longer handles Stevie's fan mail, because of a very serious car accident she was involved in. She quit to recuperate and to focus on physical rehabilitation.
Again, there wasn't anything "sinister" that caused her to stop working with Stevie.

As far as the current fanclub... being that both Stevie and Lindsey are not original members, and being that there have been long stretches of time when they were no longer a part of Fleetwood Mac, I wonder exactly how much control they have over something like a fanclub.
It's quite obvious that both tend to distance themselves from it as much as possible... while also trying to give back to the fans, by making themselves available for those little meet & greets, and personal photos.

Who knows what the exact situation is, but to me it seems very apparent that Buckingham & Nicks keep their involvement to a minimum... at least with the "business" end of it.
In their minds, I'm sure they know that they're the biggest reasons why people have joined the fanclub (as much as we love him, would anyone join a John McVie fanclub?), so they probably feel a bit between a rock and a hard place. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

At least that's my take on it.
Either way, I'm just glad I chose not to waste any money joining the fanclub.
I prefer to spend my dollars on CDs, DVDs, etc. Something that I can actually continue to enjoy decades down the road.
Thanks Johnny Stew.......that is just about what i had read about the take on Ginny.....I can't see any of Stevie's management allowing 'nutcases' anywhere in Stevie's vacinity. Lord knows Stevie attracts some dropouts from weirdo central for some reason..LOL!! and her management are there to protect her from them...... as for the fanclub......well perhaps Stevie and Lindsey can see right through the likes of Jonathan Todd.....who seems to be there only to make money trading on the back of the Fleetwood Mac name.

Louise
Old 08-09-2003, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by highpriestess53
as for the fanclub......well perhaps Stevie and Lindsey can see right through the likes of Jonathan Todd.....who seems to be there only to make money trading on the back of the Fleetwood Mac name.
Well, then, they don't really care because they aren't doing anything to stop him.

Brian--

Thanks for the Britney Marx update!

*runs off for more info on her book*

Old 08-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, then, they don't really care because they aren't doing anything to stop him.

Brian--

Thanks for the Britney Marx update!

*runs off for more info on her book*
If they are not involved why should they care they will live in complete ignorance of all the fanclub problems....afterall what are their managers for...you don't seriously think that these people are in touch with the realities of everyday living?

Picture this Lindsey, Stevie, Mick and John......three ivory towers and a boat. From which you have panoramic views and can't see the dross in the streets below.......that is how 'in touch' they are.