User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2018, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I have no problem with him saying that. It's the same thing a lot of fans have thought and the fact that he thinks that's a reason validates fans opinion of Stevie.
No, it just means the easiest thing to suspect is the same for anyone who doesn't know for sure, whether Lindsey or the fans. It doesn't make it any less speculative and therefore something best kept private (for the sake of how Lindsey comes off more than for Stevie's sake). That said, I'm sure these interviews–where they try to get you to say more than you should–are damn near impossible to navigate, and so I hold nothing against Lindsey at all.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-08-2018 at 11:12 PM..
Old 12-08-2018, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I cautiously speculated early on in this nasty saga the theory that “we’ve been had” and that this may be nothing more than a publicity stunt to stage a Dance style reunion for the ultimate farewell cash grab. But, then the whole thing just got so REAL. I mean, you can’t deny a lawsuit. However, this “lawsuit” sure was settled quickly and everyone seems to be getting paid.

We may never know the whole story, but after reading this CBS interview with the quotes from Chris’ letter saying that “Stevie wants you home”—I’m thinking that this is all just a little too convenient. Then, after being supposedly stabbed in the back, this man is ready and willing to run back to Fleetwood Mac If and when they call.

Mark my words, Lindsey will be back in this band within 3-4 years (granted no one dies).
Old 12-08-2018, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This lawsuit and interview were in a large part about setting the record straight. Lindsey did what he could with the information available to him.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Good.

As I've said from the outset, I want them to realize what a big mistake they've made and ask Lindsey back.

I don't even care if they tour. It could be a nominal gesture for all I care. I just want that magical entity that was the Rumours 5 restored. I want the wrong to be righted, and I don't mean monetarily. Like Lindsey, I want the "family" back together, dysfunctional as it may be.

I just don't want it to end like this.
This I agree with 100%. This is where I'd like it to end. Peace and forgiveness. This band is too ****ing awesome to end on a sour note. Lindsey sees it. I think they all see it. I hope it comes to them all making amends and giving it one more go round. It can't end after this tour is over.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:33 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
I cautiously speculated early on in this nasty saga the theory that “we’ve been had” and that this may be nothing more than a publicity stunt to stage a Dance style reunion for the ultimate farewell cash grab. But, then the whole thing just got so REAL. I mean, you can’t deny a lawsuit. However, this “lawsuit” sure was settled quickly and everyone seems to be getting paid.

We may never know the whole story, but after reading this CBS interview with the quotes from Chris’ letter saying that “Stevie wants you home”—I’m thinking that this is all just a little too convenient. Then, after being supposedly stabbed in the back, this man is ready and willing to run back to Fleetwood Mac If and when they call.

Mark my words, Lindsey will be back in this band within 3-4 years (granted no one dies).
100% with you. He really told on himself/them in that piece, epecially in the secondary one just about Nicks. Liz Rosenberg's theoretically "retired" but it wouldn't seem like it! LOL... cross-promotion/vertical integration at its most extreme!!
Old 12-09-2018, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post

Odds are at least even that someone will.

Old 12-09-2018, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
The one mistake he makes is speculating that Stevie may be jealous of his family life. That's not something to wonder aloud about on national television.
But it sure felt good to hear him say it! Sometimes people NEED to say the truth, and sometimes people NEED to hear the truth! Not $tevie. But normal people.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t see how they could get back together again.
Mick and Stevie ,especially Stevie, would have to eat an awful lot of humble pie.
I mean she said that she never wants to perform on the same stage with him.
How she going to square that and welcome Lindsey back.
Mick, yeah, for the sake of cash in his pocket, but Stevie apologising in public....
Can’t see that happening.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually feel sorry for Neil and Mike throughout all this.
I'm pretty sure they joined this band with the intention of it being a proper on-going concern. They must have long-passed the wtf moment when it dawned on them what the hell they'd gotten themselves into. If the other members make conciliatory advances towards Lindsey where does that leave them? Time band mark 2. Alternatively they might already have said 'I'm outta here as soon as this tour is over' and maybe that's why the band are now 'reaching out' to Lindsey.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 12-09-2018, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I second this. It makes me so sad. Yes, its good to hear she had no say and didn't agree, but why the f**k didn't she make a stand and say 'No! this isn't right. This isn't going to happen Stevie'???
If as it seems this really was all about his smirking (or really just a power thing based on years of animosity) and not related to a particular argument that occurred at Musicares, then Chris and the rest of the band should have had the moral compass to stand up for what was right. Instead they bowed to the Sith Lord.
I third this.....nice of Chris to send the email now but a little too late. Why didn't you at least send an email like John did at the beginning rather than radio silence for nearly a year
Old 12-09-2018, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I actually feel sorry for Neil and Mike throughout all this.
I'm pretty sure they joined this band with the intention of it being a proper on-going concern. They must have long-passed the wtf moment when it dawned on them what the hell they'd gotten themselves into. If the other members make conciliatory advances towards Lindsey where does that leave them? Time band mark 2. Alternatively they might already have said 'I'm outta here as soon as this tour is over' and maybe that's why the band are now 'reaching out' to Lindsey.
I wouldn't waste your feelings on those two.
Mike was only ever interested in a distraction involving jet planes, and Neil was looking to flog his solo album and get some dough and North America exposure, and he even said in an interview before the tour that "if the sh!t hits the fan" he won't care less and will return to his existing career and legacy.

The talk about "a fresh new band!" and "possible upcoming new material!" was standard Mick Fleetwood sales puffery.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Mike was only ever interested in a distraction involving jet planes, and Neil was looking to flog his solo album and get some dough and North America exposure, and he even said in an interview before the tour that "if the sh!t hits the fan" he won't care less and will return to his existing career and legacy.

The talk about "a fresh new band!" and "possible upcoming new material!" was standard Mick Fleetwood sales puffery.
I fully agree with the first part.But I don't understand the last sentence. Has FM signaled that they would want Lindsey back, or is this just because of the interview?
Old 12-09-2018, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I fully agree with the first part.But I don't understand the last sentence. Has FM signaled that they would want Lindsey back, or is this just because of the interview?
I think Down on rodeo was referring to Micks quote about the CURRENT line up..
New band new start new music all that guff that Mick spouted when Mike and Neil joined.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post

I never felt, no matter what Mick spewed, Neil and Mike were in this more than for 1 tour. I feel like early on, Mike may have even alluded to as much. I never thought you’d get anything new out of them. I will admit I am eating my words because I never expected anything out of North America, so the few dates they announced for Europe are a surprise.
It’s got to be killing Mick, and probably Azoff to some extent, because while folks are flocking To see them, this is not their most successful tour, no matter how unique the set list is/or was when they Started. To end like this, is an embarrassing footnote for a great band.
Regardless of what side of this fiasco you are on, Lindsey came across totally sincere, heartfelt and humble in the interview, vs the band who really came across as a pack of liars from the second they opened their mouths. Even look at Mason’s body language and demeanor in the interviews. I went back and watched the April interview. It’s almost like he thinks they are lying to (purely my speculation I am reading his body language and I am by no means an expert)
I am curious to see who makes the next overture now. It will be interesting. My only concern ( well not only, but primary) is if LB does go back, I hope it’s not at the expense of his next album/tour, which he has said is likely late next year.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
No, what sue said.

And if Stevie ever gets over herself and signals that she would like Lindsey back in her band, Lindsey should signal her with his middle digit.