User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think the reason she overreacted was because she was told this by Lindsey over the years. In her opinion she feels Lindsey is being overly critical of her words which she thinks is only directed at her. She may have a point. Did Lindsey correct Christine's grammar or verb tense in songs? Maybe he did. Who knows. But its little things like this that this former couple quibble about constantly
I had a feeling getting the two of them back together in the band was too good to be true back in the day. 21 years - 1 album. Say no more.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As an idea for the new lineup ... putting out something like a three song EP might cool off some of the animosity and drum up much needed support for the upcoming tour.

Perhaps the EP could include one Christine song, one Stevie song, and one Neil Finn song. I'm not sure if Christine and Stevie have extra songs lying around but Neil is the type who has dozens of unreleased quality songs.

I know of five Neil songs, off the top of my head, which have never been released on a Neil Finn project and are pasted below. Any of these songs could easily be reworked by the band to sound like a classic Fleetwood Mac song.

1. Serious in Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw7M....be&t=1h11m48s

2. Guiding Star

3. Ray of Hope

4. Love Is All That Remains

5. Blue Hotel

Last edited by Sugar Mouse; 05-24-2018 at 04:03 PM..
Old 05-24-2018, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
As an idea for the new lineup ... putting out something like a three song EP might cool off some of the animosity and drum up much needed support for the upcoming tour.
haha just seeing 3 videos of Neil Finn as possibly "Fleetwood Mac" music sent my animosity through the roof!

glad that support is "much needed" - i wouldn't worry, they will sell. just not to most of the people who used to be FM hardcores. but i saw Stevie solo fans who for the last decade wouldn't be caught dead at a FM show now planning to go to 20+ dates. so yeah, tix will sell, eventually. once the prices go down some more.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-24-2018, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Puhhh, Sugar Mouse. I understand that you like the guy and I have nothing bad to say about him as aperson and as an artist, but I don't see how he can bring enough energy onstage to wake up FM. They must re-arrange alot of their songs and with this mellow guy in charge of that, I fear it will become a rather dull event.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Puhhh, Sugar Mouse. I understand that you like the guy and I have nothing bad to say about him as aperson and as an artist, but I don't see how he can bring enough energy onstage to wake up FM. They must re-arrange alot of their songs and with this mellow guy in charge of that, I fear it will become a rather dull event.
He won't bring the same amount of energy, that's for sure. And that's not something bad to say about the guy. He's not Lindsey, that's all.
Anyway, I don't think he will stay much longer with the band other than the end of the US tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because he can't. and it will be a DULL DULL DULL event.. It will NOT be an FM show the die hards would expect. But don't worry "Don't dream it's NOT over" Stevie and Mick are here to save the day
Old 05-24-2018, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
He won't bring the same amount of energy, that's for sure. And that's not something bad to say about the guy. He's not Lindsey, that's all.
Anyway, I don't think he will stay much longer with the band other than the end of the US tou
r.
He's a talented talented guy...as is Mike Campbell--and they just took big ole bite out of a big "isht" sandwich. This drama they stepped into isn't their fault
Old 05-24-2018, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Give Neil a chance. He's mega-talented. It is possible to adore both Lindsey and Neil.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Give Neil a chance. He's mega-talented. It is possible to adore both Lindsey and Neil.
He could be Paul McCartney for all it matters. Given the circumstances of how he's been 'brought' into the band, it's only natural that many people won't really warm up to him. Respect and appreciate his talent sure, but still not be too happy that he's there.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This 100%. Even if you don't consider who carried most of the weight in terms of stage energy, they're just going to have to change so much. Lindsey's guitar/the way he plays is sooooooo built into the FM sound.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
This 100%. Even if you don't consider who carried most of the weight in terms of stage energy, they're just going to have to change so much. Lindsey's guitar/the way he plays is sooooooo built into the FM sound.
You don't have to sell me on Lindsey ... the guy is incredible. However, Neil Finn is also incredible. If you have to lose Lindsey, you can't do much better than Neil Finn.

Have you seen Neil perform? I've seen him many times including two nights earlier this month and he's a very energetic, passionate, charismatic lead man.

Don't believe me?

Check these out these two examples ...

The first clip is Neil killing it with Eddie Vedder (of Pearl Jam) singing Neil's old Split Enz song "History Never Repeats".

The second clip is Neil and his 7 Worlds Collide band performing a powerful version of his song "Suffer Never".

Old 05-25-2018, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You don't have to sell me on Lindsey ... the guy is incredible. However, Neil Finn is also incredible. If you have to lose Lindsey, you can't do much better than Neil Finn.

Have you seen Neil perform? I've seen him many times including two nights earlier this month and he's a very energetic, passionate, charismatic lead man.

Don't believe me?

Check these out these two examples ...

The first clip is Neil killing it with Eddie Vedder (of Pearl Jam) singing Neil's old Split Enz song "History Never Repeats".

The second clip is Neil and his 7 Worlds Collide band performing a powerful version of his song "Suffer Never".

I don't mean talent. I'm sure he's very talented. Waddy Wachtel is a very talented musician but I've always thought he and his arrangements completely butchered songs like Sara and Gypsy on Stevie's solo tours. That's what I'm referring to. Lindsey is pretty specific in terms of his guitar and the way that he plays and it's a very, very essential part of the 'Fleetwood Mac' sound, especially in their live shows. They're going to have to change the arrangements of a lot of their songs and the way they've played those songs for years now. And that would be the same if it's Neil Finn or Eric Clapton being brought in.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I don't mean talent. I'm sure he's very talented. Waddy Wachtel is a very talented musician but I've always thought he and his arrangements completely butchered songs like Sara and Gypsy on Stevie's solo tours. That's what I'm referring to. Lindsey is pretty specific in terms of his guitar and the way that he plays and it's a very, very essential part of the 'Fleetwood Mac' sound, especially in their live shows. They're going to have to change the arrangements of a lot of their songs and the way they've played those songs for years now. And that would be the same if it's Neil Finn or Eric Clapton being brought in.
You may be right about that. However, I can tell you then ... Neil is a master arranger and performer. The songs may sound a bit different, but they will sound good. Really good.

And Mike Campbell is the main one who will be replacing Lindsey's guitar sounds and I bet Mike's up to the challenge. Mike is amazing.

And I guess I'm not attached to the songs sounding the same ... I'm just attached to them sounding good ... really good.

For example, have you heard Mike Campbell's version of "Oh Well"? He kills it ... comes really close to what Peter Green used to do. See below.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You may be right about that. However, I can tell you then ... Neil is a master arranger and performer. The songs may sound a bit different, but they will sound good. Really good.

And Mike Campbell is the main one who will be replacing Lindsey's guitar sounds and I bet Mike's up to the challenge. Mike is amazing.

And I guess I'm not attached to the songs sounding the same ... I'm just attached to them sounding good ... really good.

For example, have you heard Mike Campbell's version of "Oh Well"? He kills it ... comes really close to what Peter Green used to do. See below.
I find it very ODD that you JUST joined the board... So you're Neil's wife, stalker, or something???
Old 05-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I find it very ODD that you JUST joined the board... So you're Neil's wife, stalker, or something???
Nope. I'm just a huge FM fan and a huge Neil Finn fan. I'm very sad to see Lindsey part with Fleetwood Mac but excited to see the new direction of the band. Excited to see my favorite songwriter join one of my favorite bands.