Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
The only surprise was Christine looking better.
What's her secret?
I didn't understand why people were saying Stevie was looking puffy-faced (ie some form of facial treatment), because to me it was Christine who was really inflated. Add to that the ingenious hair design that covers most of her face, and combine that with the lack of sustained close-ups (particularly compared to Stevie), and low lighting, and it's not surprise she comes out on top.

But yes, she reminded me of Carrie Bradshaw, and/but her legs behind that keyboard rack are thinner than Stevie's nasal septum (more worrying than anything).

Speaking of double standards.. let's also turn our scathing eyes to the physical appearance of the men.
- Is Neale Heywood's rugged beard a recent thing or am I just behind the times? He's channeling Clapton.
- Mike Campbell, with all his gimmicky attire, is hiding in plain sight. Who knows what he looks like.
- Neil Finn is wearing all black. Just what this Addams Family Revue needed!
- John certainly is thinner these days.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-12-2018 at 10:21 AM..
Old 09-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don’t get why it was okay for Lindsey to reach his breaking point with them in 1987 for whatever reason, but they’re forbidden from reaching their own breaking point with him because of subsequent history.
The problem is not that they fired him. The problem is the way they are continuing without him. If Lindsey had put together a new band in 1987 and called it "Fleetwood Mac," and included Debbie Gibson in the lineup singing Stevie's songs, he would have been a piece of trash. Not unlike the remaining members in 2018. If they had gone on Ellen and done "Don't Stop" and "Rhiannon," MAYBE they could have retained some dignity. But they have proven that they are either completely senile or have annihilated their collective conscience.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
The only surprise was Christine looking better.
What's her secret?
Her eyes sparkled and she looked so tall, elegant and slender.

$tevie looked like $he had two pads stuffed in her cheek$. And her outfit is so tired looking. At least Christine updated her Hilary Clinton suit outfits with some vertical stripes. It just enhanced her already tall slim stature.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
The problem is not that they fired him. The problem is the way they are continuing without him. If Lindsey had put together a new band in 1987 and called it "Fleetwood Mac," and included Debbie Gibson in the lineup singing Stevie's songs, he would have been a piece of trash. Not unlike the remaining members in 2018. If they had gone on Ellen and done "Don't Stop" and "Rhiannon," MAYBE they could have retained some dignity. But they have proven that they are either completely senile or have annihilated their collective conscience.
I think it's the latter. Just ignorance. These songs have lost their meaning long ago because of all the cash grab touring.

Which is why Lindsey had the dignity to do the EP, BuckVie and was probably demanding new music on this tour to move forward, rather than go back to Peter or Bob days.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
People have explained their logic as to why they believe the context is different; SteveMacD does not accept anyone's logic and repeatedly insists the context is the same.

I'm afraid this thread is achieving very little.
You're exactly right on everything here except on one point: it's achieving exactly what he wants. It's especially ironic since he's also the source of complaints about how people are "beating a dead horse" around here. This topic was covered ad nauseam in the Ellen thread.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I didn't understand why people were saying Stevie was looking puffy-faced
Simple- because the people who said that are the ones who hate her.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Or, perhaps she was.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Right, because saying something critical automatically means you have to hate that person.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Right, because saying something critical automatically means you have to hate that person.
And to those same people who can and will say anything they want about other members. Critical or harsh. smh... talk about a double standard.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
OH spare me!

So ridiculous. I love Stevie but how this was all handled has left a very gross taste in my mouth. She clearly cannot remember the history of her own band and being critical of her does not mean one hates her (though I would agree taking aims at her looks is extremely low and irrelevant).

Regardless, if you can't see how the band performing "The Chain" on live national broadcast television was an incredibly ugly and totally disrespectful move then you deserve the mediocre, bland greatest hits karaoke show you're about to get from now until they're all gone.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Lindsey performing The Chain solo vs Stevie performing it solo or even the post-Tango FM iterations performing it are different kettles of fish.

The music and lyrics of that song as we know it is something like 65% Lindsey, 25% Christine and John, and 10% Stevie.
I think you're underestimating Stevie's lyrical contributions to The Chain. According to an interview, LB wrote "listen to the wind blow." Most if not all of the other lyrics were hers, which you can hear on the demo version that was included in one of the Rumors reissues.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I think you're underestimating Stevie's lyrical contributions to The Chain. According to an interview, LB wrote "listen to the wind blow." Most if not all of the other lyrics were hers, which you can hear on the demo version that was included in one of the Rumors reissues.
You can clearly hear The Chain in Christine's instrumental. But when it comes to lyrics. I give $tevie the best of the 3. Even when her lyrics make me laugh, I still usually like them. Bella Donna, especially.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
It certainly proves the chorus is all her.

I too have heard that she wrote almost all of the other lyrics, but you can't tell that by listening to this. It has entirely different verses.

Love this demo, BTW.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
It certainly proves the chorus is all her.

I too have heard that she wrote almost all of the other lyrics, but you can't tell that by listening to this. It has entirely different verses.

Love this demo, BTW.
The lyrics sound like her more than the other 2.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You can clearly hear The Chain in Christine's instrumental. But when it comes to lyrics. I give $tevie the best of the 3. Even when her lyrics make me laugh, I still usually like them. Bella Donna, especially.
You can ride high atop your pony.