Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine Perfect Japan Import CD

I ordered the new Christine Perfect re-issue from CD Universe & it just arrived in my mail box yesterday. I now have 4 copies of this album...lol. This new remastered CD is a BIG upgrade in sound quality over the original CD that was released in 1993. It's very noticeable. Also, the insert includes the song lyrics in both English & Japanese. It looks like this will be a very nice collector's item in a few years when the album goes out of print again. Has anybody else gotten their copy yet?
Old 12-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I ordered the new Christine Perfect re-issue from CD Universe & it just arrived in my mail box yesterday. I now have 4 copies of this album...lol. This new remastered CD is a BIG upgrade in sound quality over the original CD that was released in 1993. It's very noticeable. Also, the insert includes the song lyrics in both English & Japanese. It looks like this will be a very nice collector's item in a few years when the album goes out of print again. Has anybody else gotten their copy yet?
Mary Anne, please describe in as much detail as possible the sound quality, as compared with the quality on the old import CD. I'm thinking of getting this.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Mary Anne, please describe in as much detail as possible the sound quality, as compared with the quality on the old import CD. I'm thinking of getting this.
I'm not an audiophile expert, but the new remastered CD is more clear & much louder. I would compare it to the Mirage CD. Whenever, I play my Mirage CD, I have to turn up the volume on my CD player to even hear it decently. It's almost like a bootleg recording, even though it's a commercially released CD. It's the same with the old Christine Perfect CD from 1993. I noticed the difference with the new CD instantly. David, I think it's worth getting just for the improved sound.

Last edited by macfan 57; 12-06-2005 at 03:41 PM..
Old 12-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Mine was dispatched on November 30. So maybe I have it in my mailbox when I get home! I can't wait to hear those songs remastered, especially "No Road is the Right Road."
Old 12-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Sounds class. I must get that album! I might get this issue now, if you think it's that much better. I like Japanese!

Old 12-06-2005, 07:05 PM

I just ordered one. David come over with some kishka and we'll listen to it in my living room.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for the update, Mary Anne.
This is definitely going on the Christmas List.

You didn't mention any, so I'm assuming there aren't... but are there any bonus tracks?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew

You didn't mention any, so I'm assuming there aren't... but are there any bonus tracks?
ur making me drool... bonus tracks on this would make me go
Old 12-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew

Unfortunately, there are no bonus tracks.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Four copies?!! Geez. I don't even have one.