User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I was dictating the post. The other day though, Siri spelled Lindsey’s name correctly, but spelled Peter Tork as Peter torque.
I'm glad you have a good sense of humor about this. It was probably the only time you ever slipped up. I always read back what I wrote and often still make mistakes. I use the edit option often.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
That can change. You assume that people stay blind. With long Times fans becoming more vocal and speaking out against her on twitter, new fans become aware of her faults. The more they research her, the less likely they may be to embrace her.
i don't know. there's not much need to assume. just look at your poll about people buying her upcoming solo anthology that has nothing new on it - how many people are saying that not only they are buying it but also buying tons of copies "as xmas presents" in march.

also interesting in comparison to Lindsey's first box set ever, where his single disc version has zero FM songs (makes it so plainly obvious to anyone listening that his solo catalog can stand on its own), Nicks has 2 FM hits even on her single disc version. isn't this like her 5th Best Of too?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-24-2019, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know. there's not much need to assume. just look at your poll about people buying her upcoming solo anthology that has nothing new on it - how many people are saying that not only they are buying it but also buying tons of copies "as xmas presents" in march.
Stevie's career is very prone to what I call camel-case popularity. It humps up and down over the years, and it often does so much more frequently than other performers. But the reasons for that up and down have more to do with changing styles and evolving tastes than with personal flaws Stevie might have.

Quote:
also interesting in comparison to Lindsey's first box set ever, where his single disc version has zero FM songs (makes it so plainly obvious to anyone listening that his solo catalog can stand on its own), Nicks has 2 FM hits even on her single disc version. isn't this like her 5th Best Of too?
You could consider it her seventh, in fact: Timespace, Enchanted, Crystal Visions, The Divine Stevie Nicks (on EMI in Europe), Bella Donna Deluxe, Wild Heart Deluxe, and now this new one. Seven repackages of previously released is excessive and illustrative of Stevie's narcissism. She and Lindsey both officially started their solo career in 1981. In that time, Stevie has produced eight solo albums and Lindsey has produced six solo albums and one "duo" album. But up against her seven repackages, he has released only one.

Might be fun to compare their live album output, too, and to speculate on the dearth or surfeit, depending. She's gone out on the road a lot more than he has, but their live album output is roughly equal: Live at the Bass Performance Hall, Songs from the Small Machine, One Man Show vs. the Fox Wilshire, Red Rocks, Soundstage Sessions/Live in Chicago.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-24-2019, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Might be fun to compare their live album output, too, and to speculate on the dearth or surfeit, depending. She's gone out on the road a lot more than he has, but their live album output is roughly equal: Live at the Bass Performance Hall, Songs from the Small Machine, One Man Show vs. the Fox Wilshire, Red Rocks, Soundstage Sessions/Live in Chicago.
i guess it's just easy to record the show and put it out for him? and i also like to count his Soundstage in there, even though it was never on CD / download but just DVD / bluray. it's basically the closest we will ever have to his original Gift of Screws live. there are songs on there that ended up on Say You Will and Under the Skin.

i wish he recorded one of the Solo Anthology shows last fall. that setlist was stellar.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-25-2019, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You could consider it her seventh, in fact: Timespace, Enchanted, Crystal Visions, The Divine Stevie Nicks (on EMI in Europe), Bella Donna Deluxe, Wild Heart Deluxe, and now this new one. Seven repackages of previously released is excessive and illustrative of Stevie's narcissism. She and Lindsey both officially started their solo career in 1981. In that time, Stevie has produced eight solo albums and Lindsey has produced six solo albums and one "duo" album. But up against her seven repackages, he has released only one.

I wouldn't put the Greatest Hits and the re-releases in the same category. Yes, they're both repackages, but they serve a different purpose. In my mind, there's more justification for re-releases that provide bonus material and fun, previously unreleased stuff for the fans. I enjoy those, and I hope she re-releases the rest of her albums (yes, even Street Angel).

A fourth Greatest Hits with nothing new, though (just counting worldwide releases)? Not even a single demo "from the vault"?

No, that's ridiculous. Enough already.

(Same for the parade of live albums on Lindsey's end, but at least he's still putting out new stuff.)

Last edited by sodascouts; 02-25-2019 at 12:16 PM..
Old 02-25-2019, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
(Same for the parade of live albums on Lindsey's end, but at least he's still putting out new stuff.)
you know, that was my original reaction, because they all have GYOW and ISA and NGBA and SUD and Trouble.

but each live album is also different because one was live recording of a tour stop promoting Under The Skin (Bass Hall), Soundstage was original Gift of Screws, and Small Machine was promoting Seeds - so each has a good number of unique songs. and then OMS was it's own thing, although it was too short and i wish he had Rodeo on it, because he did perform it the night OMS was recorded.

so yeah, i wish he recorded Solo Anthology tour too, because there were so many different songs on this tour last fall.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What really gets me about SN, is she did all this so she could dance around her apartment all happy. Didn't think at all how it would affect Lindsey, his family and the FM fans. It's ALL ABOUT HER and how SHE feels. UGH
Old 02-25-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Stevie's career is very prone to what I call camel-case popularity. It humps up and down over the years, and it often does so much more frequently than other performers. But the reasons for that up and down have more to do with changing styles and evolving tastes than with personal flaws Stevie might have.

He did one duet album in 1973, too. ****
Old 02-25-2019, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
What really gets me about SN, is she did all this so she could dance around her apartment all happy. Didn't think at all how it would affect Lindsey, his family and the FM fans. It's ALL ABOUT HER and how SHE feels. UGH
It wasn't only because of that. She truly despises him. Plain and simple. And now she got rid of him. And not because she wanted to dance happy around her apartment, but because she didn't want to be around him anymore.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh somehow i'm sure she very much did. she wanted to stick it to him, and she did, and has continued to. probably didn't think it will give him a heart attack though.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't you have a new movie you can go an edit?
Old 02-25-2019, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh somehow i'm sure she very much did. she wanted to stick it to him, and she did, and has continued to. probably didn't think it will give him a heart attack though.
She probably thought she could give him a lesson, because you know, things are done her way or face the consequences.

His heart attack was probably an unexpected bonus. For her and her fans, who still find his firing and his heart attack amusing.

As long as the Queen reigns….
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
That's usually the case with with megalomaniacs, they only seek power and getting their way. They don't care how if affects others. That's why they are megalomaniacs.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's usually the case with with megalomaniacs, they only seek power and getting their way. They don't care how if affects others. That's why they are megalomaniacs.
That sure is a hell of a lot of syllables, compared to what I call her. I can get it done with one. No B's are involved.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Don't you have a new movie you can go an edit?
Haha...to be fair to SHC....they are not the only one with the needle stuck.