User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I just don't get why she's suddenly so ungrateful. I was watching an interview with the band during the Dance era and she was gushing about how Lindsey was such a genius and how grateful she was to him and he was kissing her hair. How did we go from that to this?
Even though their love-hate relationship was always there, everything fell apart after The Dance. He got married and had children with another woman. But she had never wanted to get married to him. And never wanted to have children with him, because she didn't want to compromise her art.

Whatever.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm sure the world's jealous of her in her mind. For her pathetic, lonely life. $he's the one who's jealous. Bitter, old, jealous hag.

It is a weird situation. Even though $he's the $tar!, and the seat filler, MANY fans saw what he brought to the table. $he may have been the $tar, but he was THE musician in the band that took things to that higher level. His energy or talent couldn't be matched, by anyone!

As horrible as it was, her ruining the end of the FM story, my ONLY prayer now, is that he recovers. Even IF he couldn't sing again. That he's able to have a couple decades of quality family life. He doesn't deserve FM now. F*cking ingrates, they are.

That 75% you were talking about earlier couldn't care less about Lindsey and his eternal musical vision. All they care about is all the arenas Stevie has filled.

And yes, all I think about now is his recovery, so he can have quality time with his family. FM is dead to me and I hope is dead to him too. I'd love for him to tour again, but as long as he recovers and finds peace among people that truly love him and care about him, I'd be thrilled for him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-07-2019, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tom Petty once said that they really hated each other. He acknowledged their love, but also said they really hated each other. I guess I just underestimated the hate part of the love/hate equation.

If he were alive, he'd give her his opinion about how dastardly she's behaved. I wonder who of the people still in her life would be frank. I know Waddy said he let them have it when he realized that they stole the Police's Bring on the Night and he wanted nothing to do with it. He can speak up when he wants. I wonder if he would tell her if he disagreed with them throwing Lindsey out of the band.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

And yes, all I think about now is his recovery, so he can have quality time with his family. FM is dead to me and I hope is dead to him too. I'd love for him to tour again, but as long as he recovers and finds peace among people that truly love him and care about him, I'd be thrilled for him.
That's the only thing I care about now. HIM. Whether he performs again or not. His recovery, and having some quality years with his family. That's what matters now.

I've lost 100% of my respect for $tevie and Dick. And 80% of my respect for the other two. THEY.HAVE.NO.CLASS.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm sure the world's jealous of her in her mind. For her pathetic, lonely life. $he's the one who's jealous. Bitter, old, jealous hag.

It is a weird situation. Even though $he's the $tar!, and the seat filler, MANY fans saw what he brought to the table. $he may have been the $tar, but he was THE musician in the band that took things to that higher level. His energy or talent couldn't be matched, by anyone!

As horrible as it was, her ruining the end of the FM story, my ONLY prayer now, is that he recovers. Even IF he couldn't sing again. That he's able to have a couple decades of quality family life. He doesn't deserve FM now. F*cking ingrates, they are.
Exactly. I think most people agree she is the star of the band , but he was the one member that elevated the music to a higher level. I don't think anyone can go to a FM concert and not be amazed at his talents.

SN has written some great songs but someone had to produce and arrange them. They weren't going to produce themselves. That is what some people fail to see. All they see is her being the star and he had little to nothing to do with that which couldn't be further from the truth.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Is there anything she can do? She’s refused to record a new album, had Lindsey kicked out, has become a dictator...

Could anything redeem her in her lost fan base and Fleetwood Mac’s fanbase? The question needs to be asked.

Personally, I think she needs to show some humility. That might help. She seems like a taker and I think she needs to start giving, without wanting anything in return.
You think she cares? She doesn't even realize she's lost any fans. So many are still showing up to see her on tour. She's lost some diehard fans. But her legacy is sealed. Lindsey who?
Old 03-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Tom Petty once said that they really hated each other. He acknowledged their love, but also said they really hated each other. I guess I just underestimated the hate part of the love/hate equation.

If he were alive, he'd give her his opinion about how dastardly she's behaved. I wonder who of the people still in her life would be frank. I know Waddy said he let them have it when he realized that they stole the Police's Bring on the Night and he wanted nothing to do with it. He can speak up when he wants. I wonder if he would tell her if he disagreed with them throwing Lindsey out of the band.
yeah but he then walked that back in a subsequent interview(s).. The Queen was not happy. She makes her displeasure known and isn't above cutting people out who don't support her public version of her life. She can decide when to let the veil drop but no one else can or they're out. Can't wait to see all the dirt that eventually will come out after she's gone. The real truth.
I've always loved the Petty clip.... believe it's actually in Lindsey's Behind the Music episode. "They realllllllly hate each other". And yet they were out there selling the bs to the shippers the whole time. I wasn't surprised by her, but was def disappointed by him that he went along with. Like he said about the Azoff events a couple years ago, "Close your eyes and think about the money"
Old 03-08-2019, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
You think she cares? She doesn't even realize she's lost any fans. So many are still showing up to see her on tour. She's lost some diehard fans. But her legacy is sealed. Lindsey who?
She doesn't really care about the fans anymore; now that they aren't buying her records in the millions. As long as they buy tickets though.....

SHe's far more focused on what people she thinks are on the same level as herself think. She's focused on the "legacy". She once said she'd like to become "a beloved figure in the history books" and it seems that is her main focus right now. The RRHOF definitely plays into that.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She doesn't really care about the fans anymore; now that they aren't buying her records in the millions. As long as they buy tickets though.....

SHe's far more focused on what people she thinks are on the same level as herself think. She's focused on the "legacy". She once said she'd like to become "a beloved figure in the history books" and it seems that is her main focus right now. The RRHOF definitely plays into that.
How do you go from idolizing someone, thinking this person is the coolest human being on the face of the earth, to having no respect or semblance of care for this person? It's how I feel about Stevie Nicks. She's disappointed me so much. And just about to be inducted into the RRHOF! I missed a beat.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know Waddy said he let them have it when he realized that they stole the Police's Bring on the Night and he wanted nothing to do with it.
Let whom have it? Stevie? Stevie and Jimmy? The studio band?

Whom exactly, and was it publicly?

No way would he say anything publicly now. With Warren Zevon gone, Linda Ronstadt retired, and Keith Richards's solo career over, Stevie is his boss. He doesn't bounce around like he used to.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:

You know that I have never bought their relationship. I hated the shipper era and probably came close to getting suspended from the Ledge during that era. (poor Nicole). she wanted so badly to believe it was real.. all the while hating that nasty Christine for interfering with the delicate balance of an era of 1 album in 16 years.... The girl could post great pics and videos, however.

I do give you credit for knowing Lindsey really missed Christine all along. He was mostly angry that she left. Hence the burning bridges... and then later we learned he was jumping in her limo and hanging out with her during the Dance.

BuckVie was such a treasure in the history... and it all went so wrong after... hmm I wonder why???

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-08-2019 at 10:48 PM..
Old 03-08-2019, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys need to accept that you represent less than a micro-percent of Stevie's/Fleetwood Mac's fan base. Most people don't care about Lindsey - whether he's in the band or even alive - they just want the name, face and voice of the band - i.e. Stevie. Get over it.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You know that I have never bought their relationship. I hated the shipper era and probably came close to getting suspended from the Ledge during that era. (poor Nicole). she wanted so badly to believe it was real.. all the while hating that nasty Christine for interfering with the delicate balance of an era of 1 album in 16 years.... The girl could post great pics and videos, however.

I do give you credit for knowing Lindsey really missed Christine all along. He was mostly angry that she left. Hence the burning bridges... and then later we learned he was jumping in her limo and hanging out with her during the Dance.

BuckVie was such a treasure in the history... and it all went so wrong after... hmm I wonder why???

Maybe because of the name, face and voice of the band?
Old 03-09-2019, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Or maybe because Lindsey was a wife-beater with no discernible talent any more? Let's face it, he hasn't produced anything of true worth since 1979 and if the gold-digger is to be believed, he can't sing anymore (although I would suggest he hasn't been able to hold a tune for approx. the last 25 years).
The writing/production on Buckingham McVie was abysmal and everyone knows it although I must concede that Christine's contributions were the worst.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The writing/production on Buckingham McVie was abysmal and everyone knows it although I must concede that Christine's contributions were the worst.
Abysmal indeed? Your Queen nipped this in the bud. Enjoy your karaoke cover band. I am bowing out.