The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:41 AM

New In Streaming: Eurythmics Videos, Stevie Nicks in Concert & Music From Athens, GA

The following are music documentaries and concerts added to Netflix and Amazon Prime over the last week:

Amazon
Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams - The Video Album - This extraordinary video features in-concert performances from 1983, conceptual video clips and animation woven together in a fabulous "album" highlighting Eurythmics international smash hit"Sweet Dreams" and more. Songs: This is the House, Never Gonna Cry Again, Take Me To Your Heart, I've Got An Angel, Satellite Of Love, Who's That Girl, Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This).

Stevie Nicks: Live at Red Rocks - Stevie Nicks: Live at Red Rocks captures this sensual, poetic artist in the breathtaking, natural surroundings of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. The state-of-the-art special effects set the stage for Stevie and her special guests, Mick Fleetwood and Peter Frampton. Your music video collection shouldn't be without this superb film performance.

Athens, GA: Inside Out - Led by the success of the B-52's and R.E.M., Athens, Georgia was the most happening music scene in the country by the mid 80's/ Following several different bands from different genres, this film paints Athens as a magical artistic environment where bands are not in competition, but co-exist in harmony. Live performances of R.E.M.'s"Swan Swan H" and"Dream (All I Have To Do)" at the Lucy Cobb Institute chapel are included. Also featured are performances and interviews frm the B-52's, Pylon, B-B-Que Killers, Time Toy, Jim Herbert, Flat Duo Jets, Love Tractor, Kilkenny Cats, Squalls, and more.

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2017...cs-videos.html
Old 10-17-2017, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

EXCLUSIVE: How George Harrison babysat Bob Dylan, Tommy Lee nearly froze on a glacier, Sinatra grabbed Dean Martin’s butt and Stevie Nicks almost fell off a roof: Rock photographer tells the stories behind music’s most iconic pictures

And Preston admits he almost killed Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks on an At Home shoot for People magazine.
‘She was living in Venice, California, at the time and she had a condo on the top floor of a six-story building right on the sand in Venice Beach and we had a great shoot, she couldn’t have been easier.

‘But I still wanted that one last killer photograph and I said almost at the same time as she said: “Why don’t we go up on the roof and shoot as the sun is going down?” I thought it was a fantastic idea.
‘She had put on this white outfit with long sleeves of fabric that really caught the wind like a sail on a sailboat. The second I put the camera to my eye the wind starts kicking up. She is posing and the sleeves are going all over the place, and I realize about three frames in that the wind is going to be blowing so hard that one gust and she could be blown right off the side of the building, six stories down, which would have ruined Time Life’s insurance department’s day.
‘There was only one thing to do because we were getting great photos and the sun waits for no man and it was going down. So I made an assistant of mine lie on his stomach out of frame and I said “You hold on to that white boot — you do not let go.”
‘And that is what he did. She stayed in one place and we got great pictures. But that is why you don’t see her boots in the pictures. There could be no full-length shot.’

Full Article w/ Lot's of Photos:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...etty-Rose.html
Old 10-17-2017, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
EXCLUSIVE: How George Harrison babysat Bob Dylan, Tommy Lee nearly froze on a glacier, Sinatra grabbed Dean Martin’s butt and Stevie Nicks almost fell off a roof: Rock photographer tells the stories behind music’s most iconic pictures

And Preston admits he almost killed Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks on an At Home shoot for People magazine.
‘She was living in Venice, California, at the time and she had a condo on the top floor of a six-story building right on the sand in Venice Beach and we had a great shoot, she couldn’t have been easier.

‘But I still wanted that one last killer photograph and I said almost at the same time as she said: “Why don’t we go up on the roof and shoot as the sun is going down?” I thought it was a fantastic idea.
‘She had put on this white outfit with long sleeves of fabric that really caught the wind like a sail on a sailboat. The second I put the camera to my eye the wind starts kicking up. She is posing and the sleeves are going all over the place, and I realize about three frames in that the wind is going to be blowing so hard that one gust and she could be blown right off the side of the building, six stories down, which would have ruined Time Life’s insurance department’s day.
‘There was only one thing to do because we were getting great photos and the sun waits for no man and it was going down. So I made an assistant of mine lie on his stomach out of frame and I said “You hold on to that white boot — you do not let go.”
‘And that is what he did. She stayed in one place and we got great pictures. But that is why you don’t see her boots in the pictures. There could be no full-length shot.’

Full Article w/ Lot's of Photos:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...etty-Rose.html
Caption under the photo: STEVIE NICKS 1981 ‘I knew Stevie was beautiful and talented but I didn’t know how hysterically funny she is. To this day I tell her if this rock ‘n’ roll thing doesn’t work out you could be a stand-up comic. This was taken on the roof of her building in Venice, California. Because of the high wind my assistant is grabbing her ankle. That’s why it is not a full-length shot.’
Old 10-18-2017, 09:41 AM

The Voice': See Team Adam Hopefuls Cover Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks
Battle Round performance pits Adam Pearce against Whitney Fenimore on "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"

The Voice's Battle Rounds kicked off last night with a diverse set of songs ranging from Ariana Grande to Bob Dylan, but Adam Levine's team members Adam Pearce and Whitney Fenimore inadvertently landed the most timely tribute of the evening with Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks' "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around."

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/...-nicks-w509267
Old 10-18-2017, 02:16 PM

How Heather Parry Is Helping Live Nation Bring Lady Gaga, Puff Daddy And More To The Screen

Baltin: What is the dream biopic?
Parry: There’s a lot, [David] Bowie, I really want to do Beastie Boys, anybody that has an interesting story to tell. And then there are people that are still doing their thing and you can’t even touch it. I think Stevie Nicks, back on tour. But David Bowie, for me, he had an incredible life. I’d love to do that.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveba.../#4b25a6ac1c96
Old 11-07-2017, 06:55 AM

Introducing 'Oath': FIRST Agency Partners with Verizon for Brand Launch
FIRST Global Events Agency partners with Verizon to launch Oath with a glam kick-off party in Cannes featuring a concert with Stevie Nicks.

FIRST Global Events Agency partners with Verizon to launch Oath, the new brand combining AOL and Yahoo. The experiential activations got started at the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity in June, where some 1,300 guests enjoyed a kick-off party complete with a concert by rock goddess Stevie Nicks. Photos by Menbar Photos.

Tim Armstrong meets Stevie Nicks
Oath CEO Tim Armstrong poses for photos with rock goddess Stevie Nicks.

http://www.specialevents.com/corpora...n-brand-launch
Old 11-08-2017, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Caption under the photo: STEVIE NICKS 1981 ‘I knew Stevie was beautiful and talented but I didn’t know how hysterically funny she is. To this day I tell her if this rock ‘n’ roll thing doesn’t work out you could be a stand-up comic. This was taken on the roof of her building in Venice, California. Because of the high wind my assistant is grabbing her ankle. That’s why it is not a full-length shot.’
that story about the boots is the most amazing story.
i am pretty sure if he killed stevie that day he would have been in VERY big trouble they are really some of her best photos though. stunning.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:41 AM

Paul Buckmaster, Essential Arranger for David Bowie and Elton John, Dead at 71
String arranger masterminded Rolling Stones, Harry Nilsson, Carly Simon and Taylor Swift songs

Just as pop singing wasn't the same after Elvis or the guitar didn't recover after Hendrix, neither was rock orchestration the same after Paul Buckmaster, the half-British, half-Italian string arranger who died Tuesday at age 71 of undisclosed causes. Even if his name doesn't ring any bells (or, more appropriately, triangles), the records Buckmaster arranged and orchestrated will. Starting with his work on David Bowie’s "Space Oddity," Buckmaster's alternately lush and brooding string arrangements enriched, deepened and darkened pop records for nearly 50 years.

If that sounds like an exaggeration, consider just some of the records featuring his arrangements. In Buckmaster's hands, string sections on rock records weren't schmaltzy. They were trippy and panoramic (the Rolling Stones' "Moonlight Mile"), dark and brooding (Elton John's "Madman Across the Water," the Stones' "Sway"), stately (Harry Nilsson's "Without You," John’s "Levon"), high-stepping (Simon's "You're So Vain"), and lush without being overbaked (Taylor Swift's "Back to December"). The muted French horns and other woodwinds that underscored Guns N' Roses "Madagascar" made that the moist listenable song on the messy Chinese Democracy.

By his own admission, Buckmaster wasn't the most obvious candidate for arranger to the (rock) stars. His mother was a concert pianist, and as a child, he studied cello in private school in London. He didn't even learn how to arrange records until after his schooling. But accidental or not, his timing couldn't have been better. By the mid-1960s, rockers were eager to stretch out the music as much as possible (or as much as could fit onto a side of an LP), and layering strings atop guitars and rhythm sections suddenly didn't seem as anti-rock an idea as a decade before.

First as a touring cellist with the Bee Gees and former Manfred Mann singer Paul Jones, Buckmaster found himself drawn into a very different musical world, and his ghostly work on "Space Oddity," followed a year later by his orchestrations on several tracks on the Elton John album (particularly "Your Song" and "Sixty Years On"), established Buckmaster as the stringman of choice.

From that point on, Buckmaster seemed to be everywhere. "I don't think Paul has gotten the credit he deserves," John told Rolling Stone in 1973. "He's influenced so many string writers, especially the Elton John album; everybody pinches off Paul Buckmaster. Like Lennon on Imagine, I'm not saying he pinched it, but he used a lot of strings on 'How Do You Sleep?' I think nobody really used strings until Buckmaster came along and showed them you can use strings without having them being sugary and awful."

Not everyone agreed: To the Grateful Dead's grousing, Buckmaster was recruited to orchestrate the title song suite of the band's Terrapin Station, which managed to turned those morsels of songs into the Dead's most glorious shot at prog. And who else could have bathed Stevie Nicks in strings the way Buckmaster did on "Beauty and the Beast" from The Wild Heart?

Although he was largely associated with the classic rock era, Buckmaster hardly slowed down; in recent years, he worked with not only GNR and Swift but Train, Brandi Carlile, Faith Hill and others and moved into movie scoring with Twelve Monkeys.

But it will be his rock work for which he'll best be remembered, and rightly so: In his hands, and those of his violinists and conductors, Buckmaster made the possibilities of rock seem even more infinite.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-at-71-w511370
Old 11-09-2017, 04:30 PM

'Rock 'n' Roll Perspectives': New photo show features top moments in Cleveland concerts, 1970 - 2017 (photos)

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Tina Turner is leaning against the wall. Stevie Nicks is hanging out around the corner with Taylor Swift and Bono.

Across the room, some of Cleveland's greats await - Michael Stanley and Stiv Bators and Pere Ubu.

And, oh yeah, there's David Bowie. In 1972. At his first show in Cleveland, at the Music Hall.

These musical legends - dead and alive - have come together for a knockout photo show from two of the city's top concert photographers. "Rock 'n' Roll Perspectives: Anastasia Pantsios and Joe Kleon" opens Friday night and runs through Sunday at Loftworks Gallery on East 40th Street.

"Rock 'n' Roll Perspectives" features almost 200 black-and-white and color photos from nearly half a century of rock 'n' roll in Cleveland: 1970-2017.

Pantsios, one of the city most lauded concert photographers, got into covering live music during the heyday of rock 'n' roll in the city. A native of Chicago, she moved to Cleveland in 1970 to study theater and lighting design at Case Western Reserve University.

Drawn to the flair of the emerging '70s rock scene, Pantsios would often take the bus downtown to see shows. She took her Cannon with her.

"In those days, you could just walk right into a show with your camera and start taking pictures; there were no rules," she says. "None of this three-songs-only-from-the-soundboard photography" she adds, referring to the restrictions most photographers of live shows face today.

And what shows she walked into! Pantsios had moved to the right place at the right time.

In the heyday of WMMS FM/100.7 as well as Cleveland's punk scene, she was fortunate to see and shoot early shows by the likes of T-Rex, Iggy Pop, the Rolling Stones, the Ramones, U2 and Madonna.

Rising local stars of the '70s, from the Michael Stanley Band to the Dead Boys and Pere Ubu, were also frequent subjects of her lens. A close-up of a sweaty Stiv Bators leaning into the mic is one of the highlights of the exhibit.

Her first published work was in the CWRU Observer, "but I can't recall what it was," she says. "I do know the first shot I had appear on a cover was in a Cleveland underground publication called The Star, which had its office in an old clock repair building on Payne [Avenue] at East 30th [Street], across from where Asian Town Plaza is now. It was a photo of Todd Rundgren at Music Hall, and that shot will be in the show."

Over the years, Pantsios' work has appeared in Rolling Stone, Spin, the Village Voice, Esquire, Creem, Hit Parader, Circus, People, USA Today, The New York Times, the Toronto Sun and The Plain Dealer, as well as numerous books and box sets.

Pantsios had the good fortune, and forethought, to check out one of the most important shows in local rock history: David Bowie's first show in Cleveland at the Music Hall in 1972. She captures Bowie in all his Ziggy Stardust glory, long, lean and magical in his gilded suit.

"David Bowie was so theatrical. You couldn't help be drawn to him," she says.

Pantsios has several Bowie shots from over the years that will be on display at the show. Other legends memorialized early in their careers include a bold young Chrissie Hynde, a lithe Iggy Pop in 1973, baby-faced U2 striking a pose, Led Zeppelin at Public Hall, Alice Cooper and his guillotine and a boisterous Ramones. Pantsios also has thoroughly documented Cleveland favorites the Michael Stanley Band over the years.

Not that she's stuck in the past. Her collection also includes some striking shots of Pearl Jam, Linkin Park and other newer acts. But by the '90s, Pantsios was slowing down in her concert photography. It wasn't the same situation anymore - where you could walk in with a camera, take as many shots as you wanted and often even get backstage access.

"Everything was becoming so restrictive," she says. "The labels and artists really try to control what you do now."

That's not the only change, she says. "Back in the day, a roll of film for 36 color pictures could cost $25. You really had to evaluate how many photos an act was worth, and really edit yourself as you worked."

Just about the time Pantsios was slowing down with concert photos, Joe Kleon was getting started. Credit Art Bell.

Yes, Art Bell, the paranormal-believing broadcaster.

Kleon, a classic rock fan - Rush is his favorite band - had worked as a DJ at WNCX and other stations over the years. Following the loss of a job in 2002, he invested in a camera to take on his honeymoon to Mexico.

Though he had only ever taken "about 200" photos previously, he was inspired. When he got home, he happened to hear on the radio that Bell was looking for photos of Mayan ruins for his website. He sent some in; Bell liked them so much they were featured on his home page, and a career was born.

Soon, Kleon was a photographer spinning his classic rock connections into a new job of taking photos of his favorite acts.

Though today's era is far different from the time Pantsios came up - "we don't get a lot backstage access and things like that" - Kleon has made a name shooting some of the biggest rock and pop acts of the day.

Rush, KISS, Bruce Springsteen, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift ... he's shot them all, for Cleveland Scene magazine and other local and national publications.

"The rock acts are my favorite, but people really seem to like the pop photos," says the photographer. "Which makes sense. A middle-aged father may not want to buy a Bruce Springsteen photo to hang on his own wall, but he will buy his daughter a Taylor Swift one.

"After all, when I was a teenager, I was putting pictures of my favorite stars up on the walls."

Today, Kleon is the one taking the pictures that go on the walls - and that's fine with him. "I like to be in the background," he says.

This weekend, though, these two photographers will step out of the pit and into the much-deserved spotlight.

PREVIEW

Loftworks Gallery

What: The exhibition "Rock 'n' Roll Perspectives: Anastasia Pantsios and Joe Kleon."

When: Friday through Sunday. There will be a reception from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday. On Saturday, Jim and Eroc classic rock duo will perform from 3 to 6 p.m., and the exhibit will be open 2-8 p.m. Sunday's hours are noon to 5 p.m.

Where: 1667 East 40th St., Cleveland.

Admission: Free. Go to loftworksgallery.com.

I suggest taking a look to the photo gallery because there are many very beautiful pictures:http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...ves_new_p.html
Old 11-16-2017, 08:22 AM

Billy Corgan: The Fact That So Many Living Rock Legends Are Not Making New Music Is Just Wrong
"Sentimentality and the melancholy that goes with sentimentality, that's a big business."

The Smashing Pumpkins mastermind Billy Corgan discussed the fact that many living rock legends - such as Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks or The Who's Pete Townsend which he took as examples - haven't released any new music for many years, saying on Q (via Alternative Nation):

"I think our culture - and I'm including our bigger culture here in the west - sentimentality and the melancholy that goes with sentimentality, that's a big business.

"Unfortunately, I would argue at this point the sentimental crowd and the business behind the sentimental crowd, it's like the reboots of the movies.

"Let me use a perfect example. Stevie Nicks is one of my favorite songwriters, one of my favorite singers of all time.

"The world should be begging her for more new songs. She's walking this planet, she still sings great, she still looks great.

"It's like, 'Hey, can you play 'Rhiannon' one more time?' It's like, 'How about write a new song, and we'll listen to that, and we'll listen to 'Rhiannon'?' That's where we get off the wrong detour.

"I'm arguing against the fact that now that the average musical star's life has a longer shelf life.

"It's no longer 'I hope I die before I get old.' Pete Townshend was just through Chicago doing 'Quadrophenia' with Eddie Vedder and an orchestra, right? So these works live on.

"But Pete Townshend is one of the greatest living songwriters in the world, there should be more interest in his new work than the past. It should be proportionate - that's going to be my argument until the day I die.

"I think people will one day kick themselves that they didn't take more advantage of these great living artists - and I mean LIVING in capital letters - and use that vitality.

"Pete Townshend should be documenting, and I'm sure he is, he should be documenting every stage of his life, not just when he put on skinny trousers. You know what I'm saying?"

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...ust_wrong.html
Old 11-30-2017, 08:02 AM

New Grammy holiday auction offers signed items from Stevie Nicks, Jackson Browne and more stars

Kristin Burns; Brandise DaneswichA new Grammy-sponsored charity auction has been launched in celebration of the holiday season that’s offering a variety of autographed collectibles signed by such stars as Stevie Nicks, Jackson Browne and Dave Grohl.
Among the many items up for bid are signed and framed vinyl copies of Nicks’ 1985 album Talk to Me and Browne’s 1976 record The Pretender, as well as a framed 2013 issue of Billboard magazine autographed by Grohl.
Other collectibles being auctioned include a platinum record award for Billy Idol‘s 1990 album Charmed Life, a green-vinyl copy of the Brian Setzer Orchestra‘s 2015 Christmas record Rockin’ Rudolph signed by Setzer and a drumhead autographed by Foo Fighters‘ Taylor Hawkins.
VIP packages offering fans the chance to attend the 60th Grammy Awards telecast and after-party event also are on the block.
Bidding for the items will be open until Wednesday, December 6. Proceeds raised will benefit the Grammy Museum and the MusiCares organization.
Check out all of the items at eBay.com/Grammy.
The 60th Grammy Awards takes place January 28 at New York’s Madison Square Garden and will be broadcast live on CBS.
Copyright © 2017, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

http://rock107.com/new-grammy-holida...nd-more-stars/
Old 12-08-2017, 09:29 AM

The demise of rock stars in new book

I recently spoke with David Hepworth about his book, Uncommon People: The Rise and Fall of the Rock Stars, which explores his theory that the era of the rock star began in 1955 and ended in 1995 with the advent of computers & social media. He's divided the book into 40 chapters, one for each year between 1955 and 1995 beginning with Little Richard's New Orleans recording of "Tutti Fruitti" for Specialty Records in 1955.

Other chapters focus on dates like the Beatles breakup in 1968, the Rolling Stones in 1972, and Bob Marley in the 1975 chapter. The 1980's chapters feature the "This is Spinal Tap" movie (1983), Bob Geldof & the Live Aid concerts (1985) and Elton John's Sotheby's auction in London (1988). Some of the women mentioned in other chapters include Stevie Nicks, Bonnie Raitt, and Madonna.

It's a fascinating book for those of us who lived during that time frame with rock and roll music interwoven into the essential fabric of our lives. Music historians will also enjoy this read.

http://wvxu.org/post/demise-rock-sta...-book#stream/0
Old 12-20-2017, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
[B]Billy Corgan: The Fact That So Many Living Rock Legends Are Not Making New Music Is Just Wrong

"The world should be begging her for more new songs. She's walking this planet, she still sings great, she still looks great.

"It's like, 'Hey, can you play 'Rhiannon' one more time?' It's like, 'How about write a new song, and we'll listen to that, and we'll listen to 'Rhiannon'?' That's where we get off the wrong detour.

"
"I think people will one day kick themselves that they didn't take more advantage of these great living artists - and I mean LIVING in capital letters - and use that vitality

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...ust_wrong.html
Yes, please! I'm tired of Rhiannon. Bring on new material!
Old 01-23-2018, 05:13 PM

Stevie Nicks, Lenny Kravitz & Def Leppard's Managers Form New Company
Craig Fruin, Sheryl Louis and Mike Kobayashi are launching CSM Management with offices in Los Angeles and Nashville.

Managers for Stevie Nicks, Lenny Kravitz and Def Leppard have teamed together to form a new firm called CSM Management with offices opening in Nashville and Los Angeles, it was announced Monday (Jan. 22).

In their new partnership, Craig Fruin, Sheryl Louis and Mike Kobayashi bring together decades of experience working with legendary manager and HK Management founder Howard Kaufman.

"At CSM, we approach client management with a core philosophy and a global brand perspective. said Fruin, who represents Lenny Kravitz, Jeff Lynne and Jeff Lynne's ELO, in a statement. "We provide each client with a customized focus on every aspect of their career. Collectively, we bring expertise in international marketing, touring, digital marketing and expertise in film, television, design, and merchandising. We all take pride in creating and implementing solutions that are innovative and collaborative with our artists."

The announcement comes one year after Kaufman died unexpectedly on Jan. 19, 2017, at the age of 79.

"Bringing our individual expertise under one roof gives our clients the opportunity to thrive and grow more than ever," said Louis, who manages Stevie Nicks, Chris Isaak and co-manages Fleetwood Mac, in a statement. "This wider perspective has created a perfect environment for the three of us to collaborate, explore strategies and ideas, and collectively bring our vast experience and attention to the needs of our artists."

"Forming this company with Craig and Sheryl felt seamless given our long term partnership with Howard and HK Management," added Def Leppard and Tesla manager Kobayashi. "Our special bond with one another and collective vision for CSM enables us to focus on what's most important and meaningful to our artists during every facet of their careers. We understand the need to adapt to the ever-changing music landscape which guides us to be at the forefront of a thriving global industry. Our commitment is to fully servicing our clients in all aspects of the business while actively looking for like-minded artists to grow our roster."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...csm-management
Old 03-24-2018, 06:21 AM

Race To Erase MS Announces 25th Anniversary Gala

Race to Erase MS announced today that its historic 25th Anniversary Gala will take place on Friday, April 20 at The Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles, and will be hosted by HQ Trivia’s Scott Rogowsky.

The landmark evening will also boast a Fall 2018 runway show from Hollywood-favorite fashion brand alice + olivia by Stacey Bendet. The legendary, celebrity-filled gala has raised over $47 million to date for Race to Erase MS and its Center Without Walls program. This year marks the 25th Anniversary Gala, where guests will participate in a silent auction before enjoying a gala dinner featuring live musical performances. The organization also announced one of the luxury live auction items that will be available to guests of the event – a Ferrari Portofino, one of the first of its kind to reach Los Angeles.

“We are absolutely thrilled to have reached this momentous occasion! At the core of this organization is the overwhelming desire to find a cure for this life-altering disease and ensure that those with the brain power to make a difference have every resource available to them,” said Race to Erase MS founder Nancy Davis. “We have been so fortunate to have the support of our community and people who use their platform to bring awareness to the cause. The strides we’ve made over the past 25 years can be seen in the research done and new drugs developed, and every year brings us closer to eradicating MS altogether. Here is to a spectacular Anniversary Gala, and a future of progress and hope!”

The inaugural Race to Erase MS event was held in 1993 in Aspen, Colorado, just one year after chairman Nancy Davis was diagnosed with the illness. It was a two-day ski race event, which raised approximately $1.3 million for MS research efforts and featured performances by Michael Bolton and Kenny G. In 1996, the event moved to Los Angeles for the first time, where it has remained ever since (with the exception of a special year in Vegas). No matter the venue, the event continues to grow year after year, with the performance roster exploding to include some of the biggest names in music history including Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Steven Tyler, Gloria Estefan, Cyndi Lauper, No Doubt, Natalie Cole, CeeLo Green, KISS, Rita Ora, Ne-Yo, Kenny Loggins, Smokey Robinson, Donna Summer, Stevie Nicks, Goo Goo Dolls, Fitz and the Tantrums, Michelle Branch, Avril Lavigne, Chicago, The Eagles, and many, many more.

Over time, the Race to Erase MS galas have honored those in the community who are battling the disease themselves, and those who have taken extraordinary measures to raise awareness for the cause. Award recipients have included Sharon Osbourne and Jack Osbourne, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Tommy Hilfiger, Dean Singleton, Montel Williams, Teri Garr, Deb & Bill MacMillan, Katie Mattingly Brass, William O. “Bill” Perkins, and Carolyn Rafalian, Founder, CEO, and Chief Creative Director of ALEX AND ANI.

Supporters of the Race to Erase MS events have included some of the most recognizable faces from stage and screen – Cher, Mick Jagger, Sylvester Stallone, Muhammad Ali, Jerry Seinfeld, Dustin Hoffman, Sean Penn, Leonardo DiCaprio, Cindy Crawford, Angelina Jolie, Pierce Brosnan, Christopher Reeve, John Travolta & Kelly Preston, Melanie Griffith, Angelica Huston, LL Cool J, Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Richie, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jared Leto, Ray Romano, Bill Maher, Anne Heche, Paris Hilton, Mayim Bialik, Sophia Bush, Kaley Cuoco, Neil Patrick Harris, Mel B, Victoria Justice, Kellie Pickler, Daisy Fuentes, Ashley Tisdale, Randy Jackson and so many others have all shown up to help raise awareness and fight for a cure!

Race to Erase MS was founded in 1993 by Nancy Davis and is dedicated to the treatment and ultimate cure of Multiple Sclerosis. All funds raised by the organization, through its iconic galas and year-round initiatives, support the “Center Without Walls” program, a unique collaboration of the world’s leading MS research scientists currently representing Harvard, Yale, Cedars Sinai, University of Southern California, Oregon Health Science University, UC San Francisco and Johns Hopkins.

Davis also created the annual “Orange You Happy to Erase MS” campaign, which takes place for the entire month of May (MS Awareness Month) and adds yet another branch of fundraising for MS research. Throughout the month, a variety of orange products, many of which are specially created for this initiative, are sold to benefit the cause and elevate public awareness about MS. Orange T-shirts with symbolic messaging are created annually and in recent years, modeled by longtime supporters Sharon and Kelly Osbourne. For the 2018 campaign, they will be joined by Jack Osbourne, an MS survivor himself, and his two young daughters! Among the partners is ALEX AND ANI, a company that has been a loyal partner to Race to Erase MS since 2012. They created a unique Cupcake Charm Bangle and donated twenty percent of its proceeds to Race to Erase MS. This effort alone has raised over $1 million for multiple sclerosis research.

For Spring 18, Right Bank Shoe Co. and famed designer, Mr. Right Bank, created The Peace and Love Collection, which is inspired by Nancy Davis’s lifelong love of hearts, peace signs, and equality. The core philosophy of the brand is that everybody in the world ultimately wants peace and love in their lives. Not only does this capsule collection capture Nancy’s inspiration, but 10% of the proceeds will be donated to Race to Erase MS.

Race to Erase MS will also continue its partnership with Evine, an interactive digital retailer, and once again give guests the opportunity to bid on a first-class trip to their national headquarters where they’ll experience the magic behind the television camera and see how products are brought to life on air. Following the Gala, Race to Erase MS founder Nancy Davis will be featured live on Evine where she’ll sell a variety of jewelry products as part of her Peace & Love collection.

The Race to Erase MS Gala has always provided its guests with the opportunity to bid on some of the most luxurious, one-of-a-kind vacations, jewelry, and vehicles during its annual live auction, and this year will be no exception. Attendees will have access to one of the first Ferrari Portofinos in Los Angeles. The Ferrari Portofino is the new Ferrari V8 GT setting a new benchmark for its segment thanks to a perfect combination of outright performance, versatility, an unparalleled level of driving pleasure and on-board comfort. Capable of unleashing a massive 600 cv and sprinting from 0 to 200 km/h in just 10.8 seconds, the Ferrari Portofino is the most powerful convertible to combine the advantages of a new retractable hard top, a roomy boot and generous cockpit space. The new Ferrari Portofino takes its name from one of the most charming towns on the Italian Ligurian Riviera, Portofino, which has become an international icon of elegance and exclusivity. This is the most versatile Ferrari: a car designed to be driven every day that effortlessly converts from an authentic ‘berlinetta’ coupe to a drop-top in just 14 seconds, even when on the move at low speeds thanks to the new and lighter retractable hard top system. Ideal for any occasion, the Ferrari Portofino represents the perfect combination of Ferrari design, performance and technology. Additional partners and special auction items will be revealed in the coming months.

Find out more about the event here.

https://www.looktothestars.org/news/...niversary-gala