Old 09-19-2016, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

If Herbert still owned the negatives, or I should say the rights
to his photos/negatives then Stevie could help the estate (if
needed) and present us with a proper* coffee table book full
of photos.
It now looks like Herbie left Stevie everything...

From her "Huffinton Post" article...

The guy who took the cover of Rumors, Fleetwood Mac and all of my covers, Herbert W. Worthington III, died last year and he left me everything. He left me every picture he ever took, all the way back to Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Guy and all the Fleetwood Mac stuff. All of the press photo sessions. I have an immense amount of amazing photographs taken by this great photographer who was a dear friend of mine that I can now use.
When he was alive, he was like ‘You can have that one picture but it’s going to cost you $5,000.’ I would go ‘Herbie come on! Nobody is going to pay that much money! Are you crazy?’ It’s never been seen. So we have these photographs to use and to put up behind me. There’s a picture for every song. A picture tells a thousand stories so that’s really exciting too. I’m going to try to make the beautiful art book that he always wanted to make but never got the opportunity to do.”

If true FM now has to seek Stevie's permission before using any of HW's photo's...
I wonder what the value of HW's catalogue is?
Old 09-19-2016, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really hope this turns out. I'd love this book.

It's sort of weird and maybe even narcissistic to release a picture book, but Stevie's image is so much part of her music - like many other artists of her era and beyond. I can already imagine laying on the floor, playing her records and some demos too, while thumbing through this picture book and reading the inevitable commentary she will add.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-19-2016, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was hoping that she gets his collection.I dont want to see some eBayer making money off his collection.Like shes cleaning out her vault.I would love to see her release all of those photos in a big fat table book which will be called."My Life" in photos.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 09-19-2016 at 12:37 PM..
Old 09-19-2016, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I really hope this turns out. I'd love this book.

It's sort of weird and maybe even narcissistic to release a picture book, but Stevie's image is so much part of her music - like many other artists of her era and beyond. I can already imagine laying on the floor, playing her records and some demos too, while thumbing through this picture book and reading the inevitable commentary she will add.
It might be all encompassing and include a large cross section of his work not just Stevie...

If she does this I expect another huge Gallery showing like she did with her Polaroid's...