The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I told my mom the new talk of Mac touring....

She said "is Christine gonna be with them?" I said "no she's retired.". She said, "WELL IT AINT FLEETWOOD MAC!", rolled her eyes and walked away.

I thought some of u guys would appreciate that lol! Oooooh my mom is such a character. We're nothing alike!
Old 08-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Give your mum a big hug from me.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 08-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So it wasn't Fleetwood Mac in Peter Green's era either then lol? Gah. Though, I suppose I understand where she comes from. I'd probably lose interest if Lindsey left for good lol. Oh wait, I did. That's called Behind The Mask and Time. I listened to them once then hid them in the back of my Mac Collection...
Old 08-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Your mom's pretty much right...
Old 08-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As long as we still have Mick & John, I think it's fair to say they are still Fleetwood Mac
Old 08-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Give your mum a big hug from me.
Lmaooooooo! Will do!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is by far my favorite member of Fleetwood Mac. If she left, I might still buy their records but my interest would be greatly diminished. I'd still think they're "Fleetwood Mac" though, especially considering how many personnel changes the band has been through.

I totally understand why those that prefer Christine would have less interest in the group now, and I also understand why people prefer the Rumours-era line-up. There's definitely something special about that mix of 5 people. But ultimately Fleetwood Mac is Fleetwood Mac as long as Mick and John are the core, and it seems like Christine can't be coaxed back out. I keep hoping though that the band may yet record with her, and then Mick/John/Stevie/Lindsey can go out on the road without her.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
She said "is Christine gonna be with them?" I said "no she's retired.". She said, "WELL IT AINT FLEETWOOD MAC!", rolled her eyes and walked away.

I thought some of u guys would appreciate that lol! Oooooh my mom is such a character. We're nothing alike!
I remember hearing that one a few times from family and friends. I can understand considering the impact the Rumours line up had on music and pop culture at that time, and of the Rumours 5 being the most recognizable and maybe most loved incarnation of the Mac. As for myself, being a fan since the mid 70's, I'd probably go see them live not matter what the line up was. I'd just have to.

The Rumours Line up is my favorite however I like them all and enjoyed the Vito/Burnette days as well. For the BTM Tour I really liked when they opened with In the back of my Mind. My favorite memory of the Time group was meeting them all at a small venue(maybe 200 seat theater) in West Palm Beach Florida in 93. I was impressed and followed them up to the Florida Theater in Jacksonville on New Years Day 1994.

Then came 97 and hearing Silver Springs on the radio just felt like the old days again. I loved the Dance video/cd and Tour. I was also fortunate enough to see them both nights at Irvine, CA when it was recorded for the "Dancing Again" Westwood 1 Radio Show. Managed to get a nice black FM Tour jacket that was specific to those shows/Venue(had dates embroidered on it).
I guess we are down to Mick, John, Stevie and Lindsey but I'm fine with that. Say you Will is one of my favorite Mac CD's. Now get back on the road in 2012! (New album would be cool too.)

Last edited by mottabam; 08-28-2011 at 09:32 PM..
Old 08-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
So it wasn't Fleetwood Mac in Peter Green's era either then lol? Gah. Though, I suppose I understand where she comes from. I'd probably lose interest if Lindsey left for good lol. Oh wait, I did. That's called Behind The Mask and Time. I listened to them once then hid them in the back of my Mac Collection...
Me too Bee! Fleetwood Mac ceased to exist for me when Lindsey left, until he came back. Unlike you though I never even listened to BTM or Time even once - and I've still never heard them, no interest whatsoever!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:

I like your mom!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Old 08-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Word to your mama!

I'm sad that no matter how many times I see Fleetwood Mac it will never be what I consider the lineup...the "Fab 5". I miss Christine.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I like your mom!
Me too! I wanna buy her Mom a drink!

They're just milkin' an old money bearing teat, now....
Old 08-30-2011, 12:31 AM
Supporting Ledgie

my mate Bill does the same thing whenever I tell him about rumblings of Fleetwood Mac... "Where's Christine?!"
Old 08-30-2011, 04:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
So it wasn't Fleetwood Mac in Peter Green's era either then lol? Gah.
Not really the same thing. During the Green days, Christine was also in a blues band that was on the same label as Fleetwood Mac, often played on the same bill as the band, after a short while was married to the bassist, and played on all but two records (Peter Green's FM and Blues Jam Session at Chess/In Chicago). She may not have been in the band, but she was certainly a part of it.

THE Stephen Hopkins