User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Yeah...I just went through their catalog at CD Universe and couldn't find it...but, I definitely have seen/heard Roger McGuinn singing the song. Maybe I have it on a bootleg...I'll check when I get home.

Did Roger take the lead vocal on it during Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue tour, maybe?

Ok, checked at home, didn't find it. Ya know what though...I'm beginning to think that Roger McGuinn played it when he opened for Fleetwood Mac in 1994. I KNOW I've heard McGuinn singing it...and I'm pretty sure I SAW him sing it as well...since that's the only time I've seen McGuinn live.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
Me too. I'm not not fond of Lindsey's version of Love Minus Zero to tell the truth.
Same here. I don't like the vocal.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I LOVE that live version. It's even better than the studio version on Bringing It All Back Home, in my opinion. There's another live version on his MTV Unplugged DVD. It's very good too, but not as good as the version on the Rolling Thunder Revue CD set.
Dylan's recent performances of it have been pretty incredible as well. I saw him play it in Berlin in 2003 (in a set that also included Baby Blue, Desolation Row, It's Alright Ma, Don't Think Twice, Things Have Changed, Highway 61, Every Grain of Sand...), and it was just devastatingly beautiful in sort of a country ballad arrangement.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
I was just curious if anyone has heard Bob Dylans original version of this song? I can't imagine it's much better thaN Lindsey's Version. that song should have been on SYW!!!!!! the only reason I think it might not have been is because it was a cover.
Dylan's version is acoustic and a bit dirge like. It's typical of his mid- sixties/Greenwich Village/bohemian sound. I know it's on Biograph but I'm not sure where, if anywhere it originally appeared. I like what Lindsey did with it. I like both versions.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon
I just wanna finally hear their version of "I Am Waiting."
Yeah. That would be great, if what we heard on the Destiny Rules doc is any indication.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
I know it's on Biograph but I'm not sure where, if anywhere it originally appeared.
It's on the Bringing It All Back Home LP.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 06-12-2005, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
It's on the Bringing It All Back Home LP.
Thank you.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default response

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I'm not a Dylan fan (I think he writes well, I just don't much care for his voice) but I think Lindsey's cover is excellent. I hope someday he performs it live...whenever that will be
I wholeheartedly agree. I heard he performed it at his soundstage taping in Chicago back in '03, which still hasnt aired on pbs
Old 06-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
I wholeheartedly agree. I heard he performed it at his soundstage taping in Chicago back in '03, which still hasnt aired on pbs
Lindsey didn't, if memory serves and that's whom you're referring to.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
Me too. I'm not not fond of Lindsey's version of Love Minus Zero to tell the truth.

I was at that AHI benefit in 2001 and I heard Lindsey do it live. I have to say that I really did not care for it. I wished that he did another song.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

I saw Dylan perform a beautiful version of this song at the Electric Factory last year. It sounded a bit like Lindsey's, but a lot slower and the lead guitarist was playing a Telecaster, not a nylon-string acoustic.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default response

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I was at that AHI benefit in 2001 and I heard Lindsey do it live. I have to say that I really did not care for it. I wished that he did another song.
OK, maybe that was where I'd heard he performed it live. My bad
Old 06-17-2005, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Ok, checked at home, didn't find it. Ya know what though...I'm beginning to think that Roger McGuinn played it when he opened for Fleetwood Mac in 1994. I KNOW I've heard McGuinn singing it...and I'm pretty sure I SAW him sing it as well...since that's the only time I've seen McGuinn live.
Geez I wish I could have seen that show. The Mac is my favorite band, with the Byrds a close second. Add to that Dave Mason and Bonnie Bramlett, and I could have died a happy man that night. Oh well. I got to see that version of Fleetwood Mac twice and I've seen McGuinn once. But man, to have seen THAT show...And didn't Fleetwood Mac do a full set? When I saw them, they were either an opening act or part of a packaged tour. Lucky bastard!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
Geez I wish I could have seen that show. The Mac is my favorite band, with the Byrds a close second. Add to that Dave Mason and Bonnie Bramlett, and I could have died a happy man that night. Oh well. I got to see that version of Fleetwood Mac twice and I've seen McGuinn once. But man, to have seen THAT show...And didn't Fleetwood Mac do a full set? When I saw them, they were either an opening act or part of a packaged tour. Lucky bastard!
Oh...and did I mention the concert was FREE??

Their set:

The Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Dreams
Oh Well
All Along the Watchtower
The Bigger the Love
Blow By Blow
We Just Disagree
Gold Dust Woman
Only You Know and I Know
(with Bonnie Bramlett on bkgrd vocals)
World Turning
Dear Mr. Fantasy
Say You Love Me
Don't Stop
Go Your Own Way
Tear It Up
Imagine
Old 06-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniLindsey
I saw Dylan perform a beautiful version of this song at the Electric Factory last year. It sounded a bit like Lindsey's, but a lot slower and the lead guitarist was playing a Telecaster, not a nylon-string acoustic.
And I saw him do it yet again at Campbell's Field last Thursday. New arrangement, this one with an acoustic and a pedal steel, nothing like Lindsey's. Funny how Dylan's songs are so easy to mold.