User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
You're just mad because it's the right corner.
right in the middle of the YOU ARE DEAD ASS WRONG corner

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Come on now - play fair and just fess up to it!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yo Diss - does your delayed response mean you are looking up those articles you said there were "plenty" of???????????

Old 09-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Yo Diss - does your delayed response mean you are looking up those articles you said there were "plenty" of???????????

No, it means that I'm on the phone with a doctor.

Old 09-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

O hope everything is okay

AND

Here is one where SN says CM was a little jealous:

Considering they didn’t want her in the first place, “They made me feel wonderful,” she sighs, “and I fell madly in love with all of them immediately, even though I knew in my heart they didn’t really need me. So I’d try to be really good and maybe I’d find a way to be needed there. I didn’t know what else to do. I liked them so much that I was willing to realise that logically I was lucky to get asked to join the band at all, so I would have to be so helpful in everything, right, or at least I could be a secretary or something, anything, because I wanted to be a part of it.

“And they knew it. They understood I felt this way. And they were real careful and never made me feel unwanted. Christine very willingly gave me the stage, which I thought was a very cool or a woman to say: “Oh, she’s five years younger than me and I’ve worked for 10 years on the road, killed myself, and here she is, our new frontwoman.’ It was incredibly big of Christine to just move out of the way, because I do tend to kind of animate around and I drive Chris nuts. Crazy.

“Chris will tell you that there were times in the last six or seven years when she was a little jealous. And I swear to God I never knew. Never one comment to the effect of ‘I could really have done without you’. And I’m sure there were times when I’m flying around the stage in my gossamer chiffon where she had to think to herself: ‘Wow, what’s this? Fairy school?’ and never once did she make me feel that. She knew from the beginning that I was real sensitive and that I love her so much that anything she’d say to me would cut like a knife. So she was always very careful.”

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/artic.../SNart005.html

But, that little but of jealousy hardly belies their obviously incredible friendship that lasts to this day as evidenced by SN's barage of quotes expressing how she misses McVie! AND - CM obviously felt La Nicks' antics were contributing enough to the band so that she could live with them, which is what she said in the Japan interview!!!

Old 09-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Speaking of spin...

I never claimed that she had an "angry resentment" towards her, I simply said that over the course of the bands history, it would be quite absurd to say that Chris was NEVER jealous or resentful towards Stevie for her antics.

I don't have to "support" my argument, there are plenty of interviews and quotes out there for everyone to look up if they want to.

talking of spinning.

Ever get tired of making statements and then having to go back and explain them. believe me we all get what you mean and say the first time. its when ppl reply that you start to pipe up. i think the only resentment here is that you resent that stevie got more attention than lindsey. hey thats just the kind of thing that happens in show biz. how would you feel if ppl stated well lindsey on this tour is putting himself out there as the look at me star of the band? oh then you would say he is getting his do of attention because of his talent. Everyone has goals, and i think the members of the band all got where they are because of each other. and those who had success on their own , had success on their own because of their own talent. i truly enjoyed this tour and the performances of all the band members. I dont think for one minute that chris was jealous of stevie. I know it bugged lindsey. ive watched those interviews, but stevie and lindsey were always competitive and i think that is why he felt that way. jmo
Old 09-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default round 18, ikimw

IKINW voting it off
Old 09-17-2004, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But, that little but of jealousy hardly belies their obviously incredible friendship that lasts to this day as evidenced by SN's barage of quotes expressing how she misses McVie! AND - CM obviously felt La Nicks' antics were contributing enough to the band so that she could live with them, which is what she said in the Japan interview!!!

And I never said it did. Though I must wonder about their "incredible friendship" since Stevie said she hadn't spoken to Chris in six years around the time SYW came out.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The results will be posted in a new thread, which will also serve as the final round thread.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedee
talking of spinning.

Ever get tired of making statements and then having to go back and explain them. believe me we all get what you mean and say the first time. its when ppl reply that you start to pipe up. i think the only resentment here is that you resent that stevie got more attention than lindsey. hey thats just the kind of thing that happens in show biz. how would you feel if ppl stated well lindsey on this tour is putting himself out there as the look at me star of the band? oh then you would say he is getting his do of attention because of his talent. Everyone has goals, and i think the members of the band all got where they are because of each other. and those who had success on their own , had success on their own because of their own talent. i truly enjoyed this tour and the performances of all the band members. I dont think for one minute that chris was jealous of stevie. I know it bugged lindsey. ive watched those interviews, but stevie and lindsey were always competitive and i think that is why he felt that way. jmo
Blah blah blah, I know your whole schpeel. Thank god for the ignore function, I finally get to use it.

Old 09-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I never said it did. Though I must wonder about their "incredible friendship" since Stevie said she hadn't spoken to Chris in six years around the time SYW came out.
SPIN and you know it - but that is okay - why should this thread be any different

BTW - They both say they parted friends and are still friends and in the SYW interviews SN repeatedly referred to it as that - so . . .

Old 09-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
O hope everything is okay

AND

Here is one where SN says CM was a little jealous:

Considering they didn’t want her in the first place, “They made me feel wonderful,” she sighs, “and I fell madly in love with all of them immediately, even though I knew in my heart they didn’t really need me. So I’d try to be really good and maybe I’d find a way to be needed there. I didn’t know what else to do. I liked them so much that I was willing to realise that logically I was lucky to get asked to join the band at all, so I would have to be so helpful in everything, right, or at least I could be a secretary or something, anything, because I wanted to be a part of it.

“And they knew it. They understood I felt this way. And they were real careful and never made me feel unwanted. Christine very willingly gave me the stage, which I thought was a very cool or a woman to say: “Oh, she’s five years younger than me and I’ve worked for 10 years on the road, killed myself, and here she is, our new frontwoman.’ It was incredibly big of Christine to just move out of the way, because I do tend to kind of animate around and I drive Chris nuts. Crazy.

“Chris will tell you that there were times in the last six or seven years when she was a little jealous. And I swear to God I never knew. Never one comment to the effect of ‘I could really have done without you’. And I’m sure there were times when I’m flying around the stage in my gossamer chiffon where she had to think to herself: ‘Wow, what’s this? Fairy school?’ and never once did she make me feel that. She knew from the beginning that I was real sensitive and that I love her so much that anything she’d say to me would cut like a knife. So she was always very careful.”

http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/artic.../SNart005.html

if that quote is stevies thoughts, thats not chistines words, just what stevie thinks christine may have felt or thought. i dont thinks chris was jealous, she is kind of like john, someone who doesnt care to be in the spot light.and there is nothing wrong with wantin to be in the spot light, and nothing wrong with not wantng it. they all have a roll to play and they all play their due parts.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SPIN and you know it - but that is okay - why should this thread be any different

BTW - They both say they parted friends and are still friends and in the SYW interviews SN repeatedly referred to it as that - so . . .
That still doesn't negate the fact that she hadn't spoken to her "best friend" for six years. You don't just wonder a teensy bit about the "best friend" claim these days?

Old 09-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Blah blah blah, I know your whole schpeel. Thank god for the ignore function, I finally get to use it.

now if you could only use it . we know your schpeel to all too well, your kind of transparent.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That still doesn't negate the fact that she hadn't spoken to her "best friend" for six years. You don't just wonder a teensy bit about the "best friend" claim these days?
No - because I did not speak to mine for several years and it was just because he had a new family - I was extremely busy, etc. But, the friendship never ended, he was in my thoughts almost daily, etc. It just remained and then was strong again when we hooked back up. So, I have been there. Also, there are several people in college that I have not spoken to, for essentially the same reasons, in at least ten years, that I still consider close friends. But, people are diferent i guess

Old 09-17-2004, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But, people are diferent i guess
Must be.