Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2002, 10:43 PM
Junior Ledgie

Cool

My one and only FM or solo artist concert was the aforementioned craziness in Alex's post... it was too much fun. I had a cold and wound up with laryngitis, but you better believe I was up and singing full force! Of course, I had to work the next day and wound up going to tables sounding like I had tuberculosis. Ew. Anyway, I also got to meet Jasmit and her friends that day, who were really cool and OH MY GOD I STILL HAVE NOT SENT HER HER COPY OF TRIAD JASMIT I AM A VERY VERY BAD LEDGIE AND I WILL DO THAT I PROMISE! Um yeah. We were the only 2 ledgies who wound up at the same McDonald's. Hee hee. At the end of the night, after we met Alex, we hung out by the limos (we were like 100ft away and they were down an incline) and they tried to trick us by sending out a "dummy" limo, but that didn't work for us die hards So finally, Stevie and Cheryl came out and we were some of the first people to see them and waved and when they drove by Stevie was on our side and she saw us and waved back! Here's the funny part... She was staring at my boyfriend! LOL! Probably just a coincidence, but we may have scared the crap out of her with the "look-alike"!

Laura
Old 04-19-2002, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Where and when did you first see FM or any member of FM live in concert?
My first Mac concert was in Providence, RI on Nov 22 1979. It was Thanksgiving night.

Where and when did you last see FM or any member of FM live in concert?
The last Fleetwood Mac concert was on 9/20/97 in Boston Mass at Great Woods.
The last Stevie show was the AHI benefit in Phoenix on Dec 6,2001. I had front row.

Please share any particularly cool moments in concert that you have experienced.
Well, the most exciting thing that happened was in Worcester Mass on 9/15/82. I got to meet Stevie backstage at the Worcester Centrum after a Mac concert.

Pattie
Old 04-20-2002, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1998

This cannot be true!!!

I saw them first time ~get this~ 4th row in Indy!!! and I had the exact same seats for TISL too!! Oh wow! Thats SOOOOOO strange!! And I knew I could shake her hand on the TISL tour because I had 4 th row, and I was rather depressed when it was cancelled, but I got all of my money back from the broker.

And even stranger... I got 11th row in Ohio!!

What a trip, Angela! What part of Indy are you in??

Maria
How weird is THAT?!?! LOL!! I'm not from Indy, actually...I'm from Kentucky...but FM/Stevie NEVER come here , so I had to go to the nearest place I could find! lol. We had ALMOST the exact same seats for TISL that we had for the Dance, lol...they were like two seats down And the stupid broker we got the tickets from did NOT refund my money...not even the purchase price of the ticket...SO, he made LOTS of $$$ off of THOSE tickets. (Can I post his name here? lol...well, his initials are SB...so BEWARE people ) But it all turned out for the good, cause the seats at the Nashville show were great...even if I didn't get to go up and shake her hand!!
Anyway....it's too bad we didn't know each other, lol...that would've been cool to have met up!!

~~Angela~~
Old 04-20-2002, 01:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Location: Minnesota....but really ANYWHERE but HERE.....because it SUCKS!!!
Wink HEY! How are you!? AND...

Quote:
Originally posted by Laurrhi
Here's the funny part... She was staring at my boyfriend! LOL! Probably just a coincidence, but we may have scared the crap out of her with the "look-alike"!

Laura

GAUKING is more like it! HAHAHA!

LOL
~alex~*

"Bondage looks good on ya B, the outfits all wrong, but hey"~Faith in 'Enemies'

"Hello, GAY now"~ Willow in 'Triangle'
Old 04-20-2002, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well my first one was last year, July 18, in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio for Stevie's tour. I had 12th row, dead center, seats. It was sooooo amazing!!!! I sang to EVERY song and didn't sit once.

The last one I've been to was Stevie's AHI Benefit concert last December in Phoenix, Arizona. My seat wasn't as good, but it was still an awesome show. Except for when one the ushers told me I had to sit down. I couldn't believe it. How the hell can you sit down at a concert??!!!! People were even still sitting during Stand Back and Edge of Seventeen, I just couldnt do it.

"Oh I let you slip away there was nothing I could do. That was so long ago still I often think of you..."-Lindsey Buckingham

"I didn't come here to be a mother, I didn't come here to be a nun, and I did not come here to be a cleaning lady; I came here to be a poet"-Stevie Nicks
Old 04-20-2002, 11:18 PM
joe

First of all...any of you that saw FM in the '70's - i bow to you! i'm not worthy...i would kill to have seen them then...i have so many tapes from that era (in boxes) and i just wish i was born about ten years younger! i first saw stevie at Alpine Valley, WI on 5-31-86...first concert ever...i saw her three weeks later at Poplar Creek, IL on 6-21-86 )(the 'cloaks and daggers' live bootleg cd was recorded there). I was in awe both times...i had been a fan for about 4 years at that point. i'm glad i got to see her at that point being it was the last tour she was partying a bit...i was 16 and i didn't really notice anything crazy except she was spinning a bit and quite chatty with the audience and really seemed to have a good time (now we know why! =) )

i first saw FM in LA on 12-7-87 and it was a really long concert and really good despite Lindsey's absence.

I last saw Stevie at PNC in Jersey in, I think July (?) 2001...good show despite the loss of "Outside the Rain" =( although i did see her in Hartford, CT a few weeks before then when she did the whole set - YAY! The thing i remember about that show was 'fall from grace'...her performance was vintage Stevie without a doubt...during the verses '...and now alone in my room as it all begins again...' she had both hands on her head with her eyes closed and her chiffon draping and she looked VERY intense..very 'sisters of the moon'....which, i hope they do one more time! Fat chance i'm sure =(

i live just north of nyc about 50 miles so it's cool cause i can go to about 4 shows ( NY, NJ, CT - without travelling very far) everytime FM or Stevie come around...Can't wait!

By the way, i've moved around quite a bit that's why all the various shows i saw were all over the place!
Old 04-21-2002, 04:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hey,

My first FM concert was way back in 1990 during the BTM tour and it was great eventhouhg Lindsey wasn't there anymore.

I never had the chance to see Stevie live.

The last time FM was during the Time tour, they played in a small concerthall near the place I live. My dad got me the tickets because a mate of his organized it.

The last member I saw was Rick Vito who played with John Fogerty when he opened for Tina Turner two years ago, it was awsome.

Bye, LOL
Dimphy
Old 04-21-2002, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It was in '97, opening date for The Dance tour @ HArtford. I was 11 then, and sitting to the right of the stage. I remember 'The Chain" and "Second Hand News" the most. It was great. I bought a t-shirt of the White album. Before we got there they had a radio station playing all FM songs.
Old 07-04-2023, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower View Post

First time for me it was the Tusk tour at the Forum in Los Angeles in '79.

Last time for me was Stevie at the Universal Amphitheater in October of last year.

Please share any particularly cool moments in concert that you have experienced.
1. Thanksgiving 1997, Fleetwood Mac at MSG, NYC.
2. Oct 11, 2014. NJ. Fleetwood Mac On with the Show tour

I found this thread during another archeologic afternoon. I was surprised why I didn't post before. At that time the first was the only concert I went. Now I can answer the 2014 as the last one. Never went to a solo concert, but I saw them in 2009 too, the Unleashed tour.

I'd have liked to go to the BuckVie concert but the 2017 budget didn't allow it.
Old 07-04-2023, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

First concert: Stevie Nicks 1983 Wild Heart tour
Last concert: Lindsey Buckingham 2018

Saw Stevie, Chris and Lindsey all solo.

Highlights for me: Grabbing both Stevie hands during an edge walk in 1998
Seeing Chris in concert and her tour bus in 1984
Strumming Lindsey's guitar during GYOW in 2018
Farewell tour 1990 was a great concert and a favorite of mine
BuckVie was an incredible treat 2017
Saw OWTS twice in 2 different cities 2014/2015

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-04-2023 at 07:07 PM..
Old 07-04-2023, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

1995; Time tour at the Walnut Creek Amphitheater in Raleigh, North Carolina. I was 13 and bitterly disappointed it wasn’t the band I was expecting.

2012; Lindsey’s solo show at Antone’s in Austin, Texas. I was 30 and loved the show. Very special to be in such an intimate venue.

I had tickets for the Raleigh, NC stop of The Dance tour (Raleigh, NC), but that show was cancelled. I saw Stevie’s Enchanted show the following year instead (same venue). I saw FM 3 times during the Say You Will tour; excellent shows (Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC). I saw Tom Petty’s 2006 show in Charlotte where Stevie was a guest; very enjoyable, though he was ultra high. I wanted to see FM when Christine returned but didn’t want to pay those prices. Same with the Buckingham McVie tour. I don’t foresee seeing any FM related shows again.
Old 07-07-2023, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

March 1977, The Summit in Houston, Texas on the Rumours Tour. I was 7 years old and it was my first introduction to Fleetwood Mac. My mother had The White Album and Rumours on 8-Track tape and we listened to them constantly. We sang every song and had a fantastic time. I have been a diehard fan since that evening.

Fleetwood Mac, December 2014, Toyota Center Houston, On With the Show Tour. In light of Christine McVie's passing, I am so fortunate to have witnessed this last tour with the five fireflies. It was an amazing evening. With the Rumours five being recently reunited, we had NO idea that this would be the last time to see them all together on one stage. In hindsight, how bittersweet.

Stevie Nicks, October 2016, Toyota Center Houston, 24KG Tour. Great show digging back into the old catalog.

Sidenotes: I've seen nearly every Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks tour since 1977 (with the exception of the TIME Tour when they were opening for REO Speedwagon - I had no interest in the lineup). Another amazing highlight was seeing Christine McVie's solo show in June, 1984 at The Majestic Theater in San Antonio.

Last edited by WatchChain; 07-07-2023 at 09:40 AM..
Old 07-09-2023, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, Villavic. It’s so interesting to see all the old responses from the pre-SYW days.

First: Say You Will tour - July 12, 2003 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. I was 13 and it was my first real concert.

Last: Stevie’s current tour - March 18, 2023 in Las Vegas. My feelings toward Stevie have grown more and more resentful in recent years, but somehow I still find myself compelled to never miss a tour. Probably that naďve 13-year-old kid still in me.

Highlights:
-Randomly running into Mick in the audience of a Stevie show in 2005.
-Meeting Waddy, Brett, and Jimmy after another Stevie show in 2005.
-Strumming Lindsey’s guitar during many GYOWs over the years, but especially the time someone handed him a sharpie and he managed to sign a bunch of our arms without missing a beat.
-Biggest highlight of all for me was the OWTS tour at Madison Square Garden in October 2014, my first time seeing Christine live. Watching her walk out onto the stage felt like an impossible dream come true; before 2014 I thought she’d never come back. So grateful to have had the chance to see her 5 times.
Old 07-09-2023, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

1. first: Stevie 2005 (Nissan Pavilion, Bristow VA, outside Washington DC – now Jiffy Lube Live)
2. last: FM 2009 (1st Mariner Bank Arena, Baltimore MD – formerly Baltimore Civic Center, now CFG Bank Arena)
3. highlights:
–Stevie with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers 2006 (believe she sang lead vocals on 3 songs on backing vocals on about 5). I thought, "This should be her band. She and Tom should co-headline and have the Heartbreakers back each of them.
–Lindsey's "I'm So Afraid" in 2006. Two people around me had been talking and snapping photos the whole show. I got up and moved just before he did "I'm So Afraid," so the song was refreshing in more ways than one.
–Lindsey's 2009 solo on "The Chain"

Last edited by cbBen; 07-10-2023 at 04:02 PM..