The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2002, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FM Live: How have I lived without this CD?

Last night I went to Media Play to pick up the new Sheryl Crow CD, and while I was there I saw a lone copy of the FM Live double CD set, so I got it too, and, honey, please!

I can't stop listening to it!!!

I am embarrassed to call myself a fan and never listened to this before - (hangs head in shame)

Sure, I knew about it, but it really didn't register with me as a "must have"!

It is just incredible!

Rhiannon, well, Stevie is in the finest form!
Lindsey is beyond awesome on everything, esp. I'm So Afraid....
He is so hoarse in the beginning of GYOW, then totally pulls off the vocals and BLOWS YOU AWAY with his guitar...
Don't Let me down Again, etc, etc, I just can't say enough how much I am LOVING this!

I haven't even broken the seal on Sheryl's yet because I only want to hear FM!

If you don't have it, GET IT!
It is most definitely a "must have"!!!!

Sorry if this seems lame, but I really feel like a kid with a new toy!
Old 04-17-2002, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking lol! cool girl!

well win i get money, i'll purchase. i have no $$$ for anything extra! oh well, rock for me until i rock myself! lol!

mimi
Old 04-17-2002, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ooooh! I don't have it on CD, but I have it on LP... in fact, I'm going to go and listen to Landslide right now! Sharon, you HAVE to listen to Landslide!

Laura.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love this CD. My favorites are definitely Landslide, Fireflies, Sara and Rhiannon. Go Your Own Way is pretty cool too. I also love their harmonies on The Farmer's Daughter.

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 04-17-2002, 02:26 PM
Ledgie

Thumbs up Wow

I know what you mean. I just bought this before Christmas, I still can't stop listening to it! I love Fireflies,and Sara finally a longer version! Don't let me Down Again is awesome the mix of their voices! I just love it all. Over and Over is great also. Enjoy it,I still take mine with me if I'm going to drive any distance.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Don't want to put a damper on this...

When it was first released, I loved it TO DEATH.

But, in the past decade or so, finding bootleg recordings that were superior (both in performance AND in sound quality) to what they DID release as an official live album, made me re-think my stance regarding this album. Actually, my biggest peeve with this album isn't so much about the album itself, but the inaccuracy of the statement that "it was recorded during the Tusk tour", when its obvious that some of the performances were from the Rumours tour ("Rhiannon", "Dreams" come to mind immediately) and one as early as 1975 ("Don't Let Me Down Again").

But, beyond my OWN "downgrading" of the album...it's STILL one of the all-time best live albums ever released by anyone.

"Rhiannon", "Sara", "Oh Well", "Not That Funny", "I'm So Afraid", "GYOW", "Over & Over"...great versions. Plus, the "new" songs "Farmer's Daughter", "Fireflies", "One More Night".

It definitely is a MUST HAVE for any Mac fan.

Now that its been over 20 years since this first came out...isn't it time for an "upgrade", though? Remaster it, add a third disc including some more live versions of Tusk tunes they did...like "Angel", "What Makes You Think You're The One", "Think About Me", etc. Of course, they couldn't put that many ""Tusk" tunes on it originally since it was their latest studio album (and would've been a bit redundant), but now would be the perfect time to dust off the master tapes and add a little "chrome" to the package.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, ChiliD, I did think it was unusual that they did Don't Let Me Down Again, because I saw them on the Tusk tour in Atlanta, and I didn't remember that song, but I thought the set list could have changed that late in the tour. I also knew nothing about BN then, either.

As far as bootlegs, I don't have any luck with downloading stuff. It just makes my computer have a brain-fart, because something always happens that I can't get it to work. I would love to hear some of the other stuff that is better, though I can't imagine it at this point!

Send me a CD of some stuff, why don't cha? I'll pay.

Don't worry, you're not raining on my parade at all!
Old 04-17-2002, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FM Live cd

I recently got this cd too, and I agree it's great...I really like "Don't let me down"and the kids think Lindseys version of "Not that Funny" (where he goes "Wooooh" half a dozen times) is hilarious!I also read the other day in Micks 25 yrs in FM book that he was the one who wanted to make a live album and no-one else thought it would be a good idea.I'm glad he stuck to his guns and did it....coz I really like it.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Landslide Live

Love the version on Live. I think it's neat how she does it in a higher key
than on the White Album
Old 04-17-2002, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well Tuigirl, we just got home from school and work, and we listened to NTF in the car, and my kids, (6&8) were laughing at that too!

I was a little apprehensive, because I hadn't listened to that track yet, and I didn't know how G-rated it would be. You know Linds can take that pretty far with is love sounds!

I just adore how he is so fearless. He just steps up to the mike and has a fit. How can he be so shy about talking to the audience, but then he will simulate all kinds of sounds and faces.

I just love a true artist!

and yes, celestenadia, she is singing Landslide highr, but she sounds like she has been crying. Linds, what did you do to her?
Old 04-17-2002, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up LIVE ALBUM!!!

OMG! I'm So Afraid from the Live album KICKS!!!! Also, Rhiannon is amazing! One of the best live Rhiannons, IMO. I love the live version of Over and Over also, with the great guitar by the one and only, Lindsey. Landslide sounds so different because when she talks to the audience at the beginning, you really have to pay attention to her or you cannot hear her, she sounds hoarse to me. I also love Farmer's Daughter and Fireflies, although I have heard a BETTER version of Fireflies on AG, you can hear the lyrics better, IMO. One of Stevie's great songs. Love it!! It's the kind of album you just want to crank up SUPER LOUD when you are home alone or in the car or something.
Old 04-17-2002, 10:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Location: Minnesota....but really ANYWHERE but HERE.....because it SUCKS!!!
Heart I mean the WHOLE album, BUT...

RHIANNON,LANDSLIDE, GO YOUR OWN WAY, AND DON'T LET ME DOWN AGAIN....THEEEEEEEEE BEST!!! I played that Rhiannon EVERY night before I went to bed,full blast, semi-Stevie dressed, and in LIPSYNC mode to my imaginary audience And as long as I'm coughing up memories that LANDSLIDE reduced me to TEARS many times LOVE IT!

LOL
~alex~*
Old 04-18-2002, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yes. I really like Over and Over - there's that classic LB careful notey guitar. Love it!
Old 04-18-2002, 08:56 AM
Ledgie

Heart the same for me...

For al long time I didn't want to own this CD, because in 1980 my parents forbade me to go to the concert in Rotterdam. The sight of the Live CD in the music store was painful enough for 20 years...
But last year I bought it. My reaction was the same as yours now. Sure Lindsey is really great on this one!
In a way, this is even more painful than is was for years, because now I KNOW that I missed something!

Anna
Old 04-18-2002, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, Anna!
I can feel your pain, becuase my parents wouldn't let me do ANYTHING!!

I DID go to the Atlanta concert that year, so don't HATE me, but I had to lie to my parents about where I was going and who I was with, etc, etc,...

I didn't tell my mom about it until years later after my baby sister had done alot worse stuff than me! LOL!

Oh yes, that EVIL Rock music has corrupted us all hasn't it!