User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2002, 06:28 PM
Junior Ledgie

Post Mick on American Bandstand 50th Anniversary

According to MTV News on 4/11/02:

Brandy, Babyface, the Village People, KC & the Sunshine Band and A Taste of Honey have been added to the list of performers to be featured on "American Bandstand's 50th ... A Celebration!," joining Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Cher, Alanis Morissette and KISS. The special, to air May 3 on ABC, will also include appearances by 'NSYNC, Janet Jackson, Lenny Kravitz, Jennifer Lopez and Whitney Houston, and an all-star band featuring Little Richard, the Go-Gos' Jane Wiedlin, the Bangles' Susanna Hoffs and Debbi Peterson, Fleetwood Mac's Mick Fleetwood, Leif Garrett, Spinal Tap's Michael McKean and others.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile VERY good news...I hope!

Ok, call me too optimisstic but.......surely this means that the band work on the new album is now finished and Lindsey is just finishing off the final stages of its production.......???

Mick would obviously be needed for almost every single studio session, surely?, seeing as even the trials and demos and rehearsals need a "beat"...?? So if his work is done then the songs must be almost, if not completely, finished......???

Now I've really got my hopes up for a late-summer release, so the fact that I can't see this show doesn't feel so bad.

(Ok I'm waiting for somebody to post and tell me that my hopes are useless and unreasonable because......[insert valid reason]...)

Thanks for posting the info. Janna!

Last edited by seteca; 04-15-2002 at 08:30 PM..
Old 04-16-2002, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmmm.....interesting!

Was FM ever on Bandstand? If so anyone got it on tape? I used to watch BS all the time, and I don't recall them ever being on it.

I hope I am wrong, I would love to see some footage and have Mick talk about it!
Old 04-16-2002, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

After rereading the OP, I see that Micheal McKean of Spinal Tap is going to be on, and I know that Mick was/is their drummer, so that's probably why he is on.

My hopes are up for a late summer release as well. Didn't Stevie say it was basically done?

Stop messing with it Lindsey! It's perfect in it's imperfection.
I know you check here ALL the time! LOL!
Old 04-17-2002, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well then, I know of a local DJ who's on crack!!!

So, it's JUST Mick then that's supposed to be on this show?
I was listening to the radio yesterday and the DJ was doing the music news and I almost had a heart attack when he said FLEETWOOD MAC was scheduled to appear on the American Bandstand Anniversary Special.......I didn't think THAT was going to happen.......too good to be true......
So, it's just the Mick-ster himself........
I should call that guy up at the radio station--he's giving false information!!!!!
Ah well, at least if we can't see all four together, we get to see Mick on it!!!
Thanks for the information!!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down