User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia
Good idea, Nancy! A fresh start with explicit rules might be better...
...Perhaps no immunity? Seriously, things get ugly when immunitys are issued.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What was that, the exorcism of Sybil? Scary, real scary!

CarneVaca, you owe Jacob an apology. He didn't deserve to be talked to like that. That was harrassment if I've ever seen it. Sure he made mistakes in the game, but they were honest ones. He was never cheating, unlike some of the bullying tactics you used, wanting to move along with rounds that were done wrong, in your favor. His intentions were good and really wanted to have fun with the game. I know there were a few times I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my face. In my eyes the one who's lost the most credibility in this game is YOU!

Jacob, I'm truly sorry you had to experience that last night, it was totally uncalled for.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
I'm afraid I disagree with that too. Over and Over was roundly defeated. It had not an ice-pop's chance in Hades of making it. Why stall the game again? We're already losing today as a voting day
I just laughed out loud.

Old 08-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My word, I go to Cape Cod and this place goes to hell in a handbasket.

A few thoughts:

1. Beautiful Child and Over and Over are gone. They went the way of the dinosaurs, folks. If you want to listen to them, go ahead, but they were voted out. I think it's a tad tiresome to invalidate a vote that's based on a previously invalidated vote, which now makes the current vote a run-off vote because of an invalidated vote.

2. Two different people should be in charge of tallying the votes to be sure that there are no miscounted votes. It's happened way too many times in this game and throws everything off.

3. The current run-off is a waste of time, IMO.

4. It's no suprise that Stevie fans want a Stevie song to win this, just as it's no surprise that Lindsey fans want a Lindsey song to win this. There's no use in arguing over it because it's just common knowledge, but I guess it just gives us more stuff to bloviate over.

5. I have no problem with Nancy being in charge.

6. If, in fact, this game is done, I would like to nominate Save Me A Place as the winner by default.

Old 08-29-2004, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
I may take over then. I'd like to start over from the beginning, though. Would people find that too tiresome?
I'm torn on that. This one is so tarnished that resuming it is inevitably going to piss off some folks. On the other hand, starting a new one wastes all the effort that was put into the other one.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbird_Brett
I find it interesting that earlier in the thread Carne was defending you and telling someone that they were being too harsh on you. Then, when things don't go his way, he clearly insults, demeans, and harasses you. I didn't think we were supposed to do that to each other in here. He owes you an apology...but don't count on that happening. He's not a big enough man.
You're lucky that I have two strikes, or I would tell you exactly what I think of your "not big enough man" comment. I could squash like a bug verbally. Instead, I will do what I do with most bugs -- ignore them. I have proven that I am not above apologizing when I screw up. Ask the new guy, Michael.

If anyone owes anyone an apology here, it is you to me, and Jacob to me and everybody else for f*cking up the game royally.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippocampus
Now this coming from you is especially hilarious... In the end though, it's really NoThatFunny
Whatever your problem is, you should see someone about that.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
What was that, the exorcism of Sybil? Scary, real scary!

CarneVaca, you owe Jacob an apology. He didn't deserve to be talked to like that. That was harrassment if I've ever seen it.
If it was harassment, rest assured the folks who run this board will penalize me for it. And you won't have to deal with me anymore because I'll be gone. That should make some of you happy.

I owe no one an apology. The person whom I attacked unfairly already has received my apology. And that wasn't Jacob. He owes me an apology, if anything.

Quote:
I know there were a few times I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my face. In my eyes the one who's lost the most credibility in this game is YOU!
Considering your political leanings, I view that as a compliment. Thank you.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The whole "all previous rounds" vs, "previous round" thing is news to me. I'm not saying it's wrong, it's just news to me. I don't watch Survivor on TV so I don't know how it's played. When this came up earlier in this game and I posted "It was my impression that the tie-breaker is whoever got the most voted in the previous round", no one corrected me, so it's not hard for me to understand why people thought this was the rule. I sure did.

I actually thought immunity worked fine, it was only when the previous count was questioned that it got confusing. I got immunity twice and it was fine both times, so maybe I should just pick immunity for every round.

Just kidding.

As far as "manuvering" there are plenty of examples to go around. I don't think anyone should be pointing fingers at any one else in this regard.

Frankly I think we should start over. Get the rules straight; a lot was learned from this failed experiment. I really think using the "poll" function would work the best since we wouldn't be subject to human error. Tusk has too many songs, I know, so maybe we could do Lindsey's songs first then Chris', then Stevie's and come up with their 3 best songs or something and then use them in a final poll.

If we continue doing it this way, there should be something in the subject line. Maybe something as simple as NV or even just an X.

Just another Ledgie's opinion...

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 08-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
You're lucky that I have two strikes, or I would tell you exactly what I think of your "not big enough man" comment. I could squash like a bug verbally. Instead, I will do what I do with most bugs -- ignore them. I have proven that I am not above apologizing when I screw up. Ask the new guy, Michael.

If anyone owes anyone an apology here, it is you to me, and Jacob to me and everybody else for f*cking up the game royally.
If you were on fire I wouldn't piss on you to put the fire out let alone apologize to you!
This was not your game and the screw up I made I admitinted them, Really "the big enough man" here is not you! Like I said your are no impressing anyone but yourself. You just crying because this game didnt go your way! So please sit back and SHUT THE **** UP
This has nothing to do with other. Just me so dont bring them into this!
Old 08-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Jacob, thanks a lot for the game and all the time and work you put in it. Please go on with all the Survivor challenges you want, I find them funny and will keep playing them.

A couple of other things:
I think Nancy would do a terrific job with a Tusk Survivor.

Carne, I'm impressed by your talent as drama queen. You reminded me a bit Liz Taylor in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 08-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
The whole "all previous rounds" vs, "previous round" thing is news to me. I'm not saying it's wrong, it's just news to me. I don't watch Survivor on TV so I don't know how it's played. When this came up earlier in this game and I posted "It was my impression that the tie-breaker is whoever got the most voted in the previous round", no one corrected me, so it's not hard for me to understand why people thought this was the rule. I sure did.
Completely understandable. But in defense of why you weren't questioned on that, in that particular case, was that the tie breaker happened in round 2, meaning there was only one round to go back to.

And I agree that a complete set of rules needs to be posted before the next game begins, probably modeled after the real Survivor.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default here were some that I put on page 20..

1. Voting will close at 10 PM east (9cnt) Any votes after that will not be accepted.
2. You will be able to change your vote ONLY IF YOU STATE IN YOUR POST THE SONG YOU PREVIOUSLY VOTED FOR
3. Immunity will no longer be a part of Tusk SS
4. Unless stated other wise Tribal Counsel will happen at 10 PM (give or take 10 min)
5. If you are going to start a conversation PLEASE PUT IN YOU "TITLE" SECTION "No VOTE HERE" Or something to that matter.
6. Please and I cannot stress this enough. Be kind to others. Don't hold a vote against someone. (remember this is a game) O cussing is allowed because adding some colorful language can always be fun
7. Vote for the song YOU want to be voted off, not what the masses are doing
8. If and when tribal counsel comes back YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOU IMMUNITY VOTE
9. If you are going out of town and cannot vote, Please contact me and I can work something out with you so you are still a part of the game (I.E. Hawkeye)
10. I said it before, THIAS IS JUST A GAME. Please it is here for you to have a good time.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
Completely understandable. But in defense of why you weren't questioned on that, in that particular case, was that the tie breaker happened in round 2, meaning there was only one round to go back to.

And I agree that a complete set of rules needs to be posted before the next game begins, probably modeled after the real Survivor.
Fair enough. All the more reason for clarification...

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 08-29-2004, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
If you were on fire I wouldn't piss on you to put the fire out let alone apologize to you!
This was not your game and the screw up I made I admitinted them, Really "the big enough man" here is not you! Like I said your are no impressing anyone but yourself. You just crying because this game didnt go your way! So please sit back and SHUT THE **** UP
This has nothing to do with other. Just me so dont bring them into this!

Not really sure what you're saying here. Something about pissing on fires, or whatever. I would suggest you not get too close to the flames if you are exposing yourself like that.

As for shutting the **** up, don't count on it.