Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:25 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Good job with the list.
Does anyone know the reason Stevie did not give permission for Violet and Blue be used in the movie? I was once told the reason many moons ago but forget. If you watch the movie when Violet and Blue comes on...its not Stevie singing the song. Her song appears on the soundtrack though. Violet and Blue was actually a pretty big hit on the rock stations in 1984.
Maybe there was some other reason but when I watched Against All Odds, I noticed right away that the Violet and Blue version was different than the soundtrack version. Then I remember reading they had to use another version of the song for some reason and its not Stevie singing. Its been moons since I have seen this movie.
I am getting old and my memory is not what it used to be Does anyone know the reason?
interesting. i didn't know this. actually, i don't think i've ever seen the movie and i was of age back then. do you know where this song comes on in the movie? i just looked on youtube hoping there was a clip with just that part but i didn't find anything.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
interesting. i didn't know this. actually, i don't think i've ever seen the movie and i was of age back then. do you know where this song comes on in the movie? i just looked on youtube hoping there was a clip with just that part but i didn't find anything.
I have not seen this movie since almost right after it was released on HBO or something. I used to watch it only to hear the small part of Violet and Blue and then turn it off If my memory is correct the song is played in the first half of the movie and is in some restaurant/club scene. When I first heard it in the movie I just thought it was a different version of the song and I wanted that version of the song in my collection. "Stevie's" voice sounded so different It was only many years later on some Stevie website that I read the reason why her version was not played in the movie. I just cant remember why but that explained why it did not sound like Stevie. The closing credits to the movie are on youtube and Stevie is given full credit for the song.
This is an amazing trivia question because I know of no other soundtrack song was not performed by the artist in the movie. And to let some other artist perform it is crazy. But there is a logical explanation (I think).

I am sure someone on this board knows the answer

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-17-2015 at 07:01 AM..
Old 05-20-2015, 10:35 AM
Ledgie

hmmm Missed this one:

Go your Own way - Forrest Gump.

The scene actually is perfect for the song and gets me kind of emotional!
Old 05-20-2015, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do covers count?
If so- Go Your Own Way is featured in Kevin Smith's Clerks

Just a dream, just a dream.

Last edited by HelloMonster; 05-20-2015 at 12:21 PM..
Old 05-20-2015, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Personal Best has music from Rumours in it.
Yes, I remember a scene at a party with people dancing to YMLF.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cameron Crowe again;
I understand 'I Know I'm Not Wrong' appears on the forthcoming 'Aloha' soundtrack.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...-more-20150526
Old 05-27-2015, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Cameron Crowe again;
I understand 'I Know I'm Not Wrong' appears on the forthcoming 'Aloha' soundtrack.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...-more-20150526
Oooh, I knew they were going to be on Aloha, but I didn't know what songs. IKINW is a good one.

Michele
Old 10-05-2017, 01:59 PM

Default I had forgotten that Warm Ways was in Black Mass, it's one of my favourites

The Top Uses of Fleetwood Mac Songs in Movies or TV

Started up in the late 1960’s, Fleetwood Mac is a British-American band that has amazingly kept the founding members for which they were named. They’ve sold roughly 100 million records worldwide and are still active today, which is saying a lot for an older band that was popular when a lot of us were either very young or not yet born. As of today they’ve contributed quite a bit to pop culture and continue to do so as aging fans and new fans come together to enjoy their music and the delightful feel it gives to so many different film and TV shows. Chances are they’ll be one of the many to be remembered for generations to come.

Here are a few of their hits that have been big with current pop culture.

5. Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2-The Chain

Since the first film Guardians of the Galaxy have made it known that their choice in music stems largely from Quill’s chosen repertoire and his love for older music from his childhood. Some might think that this might have hampered the film just a bit but honestly it’s made it that much better. The more meaningful sounds and lyrics of the older songs definitely give Guardians an edge that a lot of films don’t have.

4. The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno-Say You Will

Anytime a band goes on a live talk show it could be a big step up in their career or it could mean that they’re on a downward slide. For Fleetwood Mac however, a band that’s already proven their worth and can do so much, it was just one more appearance that continued to prove that they were among the rock elite and could be counted on to provide a stirring live performance.

3. South Park-Landslide

Despite it’s rather simplistic animation and convoluted story lines, South Park is known for employing decent music now and again. It might not be the most respected adult cartoon but it’s definitely one of the most popular. It stands to reason that many bands would simply allow their music to be played on the show simply because it would be another bit of exposure.

2. Black Mass-Warm Ways

Black Mass is the story of James “Whitey” Bulger, a notorious gangster from Boston that created a reign of terror that lasted for a good long while. While the movie took certain liberties a lot of people said that Depp did a rather good job of depicting the infamous thug. The real Bulger apparently wasn’t too impressed however, but given all that’s been said about him it’s not too surprising.

1. American Horror Story: Coven-Seven Wonders

t was Stevie Nicks for the most part that showed up in AHS: Coven, but the song was a part of Fleetwood Mac’s long list of hits as well. The song helped to set the backdrop for the final two episodes of Coven as the young witches finally could look forward to the tests that would enable them to decide just who the next Supreme would be. Thankfully it wasn’t Madison.

Fleetwood Mac’s music is simply powerful and impressive all at once.

https://www.tvovermind.com/music/top...ongs-movies-tv
Old 10-05-2017, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Good job with the list.
Does anyone know the reason Stevie did not give permission for Violet and Blue be used in the movie? I was once told the reason many moons ago but forget. If you watch the movie when Violet and Blue comes on...its not Stevie singing the song. Her song appears on the soundtrack though. Violet and Blue was actually a pretty big hit on the rock stations in 1984.
Maybe there was some other reason but when I watched Against All Odds, I noticed right away that the Violet and Blue version was different than the soundtrack version. Then I remember reading they had to use another version of the song for some reason and its not Stevie singing. Its been moons since I have seen this movie.
I am getting old and my memory is not what it used to be Does anyone know the reason?
They play a slightly different version of V & B in the club scene but it is DEFINITELY Stevie singing.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I cant believe no one has mentioned

Trouble - Just one of the guys

That's one of the funniest scenes ever and the song fits the scene perfectly
Old 02-11-2018, 09:34 AM

Rev Ranks: 'I, Tonya' reflects on historic ice skating controversy

Along with impressive special effects, the movie has what seems to be the perfect soundtrack. “Barracuda,” by Heart, plays as Harding is training for the olympics and “The Chain,” by Fleetwood Mac plays in the aftermath of the Kerrigan attack. The music is perfect for anyone who lived through Harding’s fame.

http://www.lsunow.com/daily/rev-rank...1b069c16b.html