The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Which song of Lindsey's are you most looking forward to on Say You Will?
Murrow Turning Over in His Grave 4 9.76%
Miranda 4 9.76%
Red Rover 13 31.71%
Peacekeeper 2 4.88%
Come 12 29.27%
Steal Your Heart Away 2 4.88%
Bleed to Love Her 2 4.88%
Say Goodbye 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well after listening to Peacekeeper and reading the LB Acoustic guitar interview posted here yesterday, where LB said:

"When we do this again—and I hope we do, in a year or so—and we write from the ground up, I hope we do them as two-part harmony songs. "

...so regarding this it seems likely that the GOS stuff is changed to a certain extent and Stevie is contributing a big part. So I guess Come also didn`t remain the same imo. But let`s take a look at what happened to Peacekeeper: The dummy/empty files on the net were like 3:37min. And the real song still is 4:10 unless you take a fading version, which I didn't hear up to now.

And so Seteca here is Number 4) the empty files then obviously needn't to be an indicator for the real length of the tracks on the album. Stevie is on but the length is the same and the solo is still there...
We`ll see...
Old 03-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
And so Seteca here is Number 4) the empty files then obviously needn't to be an indicator for the real length of the tracks on the album. Stevie is on but the length is the same and the solo is still there...

Old 03-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Red Rover Is My Favorite, BUT....

I'm not really looking forward to the SYW version of it because I'm scared it won't be exactly like the GOS version ! I Don't want Lindsey to change a THING and I don't think Stevie has anything to add to RR.
I feel the same way about Come, BTW...It just doesn't need Stevie vocals. The only thing it might need is a little re-mastering to get rid of the blast factor when the chorus kicks in. But THAT'S IT!

That said, I voted for Miranda. I LOVE that song and when I first heard it I thought it was begging for a Stevie harmony, but just in the chorus. So I am looking forward to hearing that one .
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 03-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face Lindsey's Song ... COME !!!

Let me tell you...that LOUD CRASH DRUM
hurts my ears! Iam always turning it down!!!
The Blast Factor is a good discription! I really
appreciate good drums & admire Lindsey's lyrics
and his wonderful voicings of them! Miranda is
a strange tune with provocative words!!!Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 03-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Red Rover Is My Favorite, BUT....

Quote:
Originally posted by ERigby818
I'm not really looking forward to the SYW version of it because I'm scared it won't be exactly like the GOS version ! I Don't want Lindsey to change a THING and I don't think Stevie has anything to add to RR.
I feel the same way about Come, BTW...It just doesn't need Stevie vocals. The only thing it might need is a little re-mastering to get rid of the blast factor when the chorus kicks in. But THAT'S IT!

That said, I voted for Miranda. I LOVE that song and when I first heard it I thought it was begging for a Stevie harmony, but just in the chorus. So I am looking forward to hearing that one .
-Sonia
I AGREE! I don't see how RR could become any better, and right now I hope the GOS version ends up the on it just in better quality.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Gotta vote for Murrow.

Only because the song title kicks ass.
Old 03-15-2003, 01:56 PM
Ledgie

Default hmm

Actually, I'd have to go with Miranda. IMO, that was one that showed so much promise on GOS, and I think it has the potential to be a production GIANT. And production is what it's all about - imagine how that will sound with Lindsey refining it and adding his "polish" to it.

david
Old 03-15-2003, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not to offend anyone...but for some reason I get frustrated when reading posts from fans making lots of assumptions and having unreasonable expectations about Fleetwood Mac's music....most recently this thread about Lindsey's solo versions of the new songs verses the Fleetwood Mac-ified versions.

As I see it, of course we want the band and their songs to be presented in the most favorable way...but we have no control over their creative process! It's just a matter of accepting what they choose to release. To say they should to this or that, seems like a brain-numbing exercise of futility!!

Perhaps it's my age, but I remember the caveman days when there was no internet. Are we so jaded now as to forget that Lindsey Buckingham's Gift of Screws song were not officially released? He didn't mean for any of us to hear them!!! As such, it doesn't seem fair to compare them with the official versions and make suggestions what they should do with them! To get upset or worried that those songs are not going to live up to an expectation...again a useless numbing of the brain.

Some think they know what is best for the songs...but really, we have no idea about what goes on in their studio sessions, what the politics are, what the intricacies of their creative process are, what kind of pressure the record company puts on them...lots of variables to consider.

I rather just respect and accept their creative process, for better or worse. (It certainly reduces stress!) If you really look at it objectively...we have the best of both worlds...we're fortunate enough, thanks to communication technology and studio thieves, to have unreleased Lindsey solo versions and the official Fleetwood Mac versions.

Would love to here comments on this perspective. Again, I know there are very sensitive members here, and I post this with the utter most respect for your opinions. Just a little harmless intellectual discourse.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:08 PM
Ledgie

Default right on

I totally agree PenguinHead. Ultimately, Lindsey will have his own artistic vision of what should happen with the material. And I can't believe that he would go back into the Fleetwood Mac thing if he felt he was sacrificing any aspects of that vision. But I think many of us speculate simply in anticipation of the latest offering, based on a track record of what has been done before. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. We're excited, and the bottom line is that it's fun to talk about.

good thoughts on this subject

david
Old 03-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Not offended at all, PenguinHead, and your point is well taken. I appreciate your choice of words. But I can't resist pointing out that there are a lot of brain-numbing exercises of futility on these boards (I am so guilty of this ) and speculation and fantasy like it's going out of style.
Personally, I love to hear about (and subsequently imagine) other fans visions of songs, especially you musicians who recognize Lindsey's musical genius. To me it's fascinating to hear people pick up on the subtle and not so subtle differences in Mac and solo versions of songs and why they love and hate the changes...most recently Peacekeeper has generated a whole enourmous range of feedback.
I think it's safe to say we are all thrilled that Lindsey is very much creatively in charge of this album. Obviously, we trust his decisions. But we can do that and still question them.
We have speculated () that there probably won't be major changes between GOS versions and SYW versions, and so far we haven't heard anything to suggest otherwise. I don't think keeping fingers crossed for minimal change on particular songs (or for lots of Stevie contribution to others) is creating any wild expectations.

Also, you may think I'm living in fantasy-land, but I subscribe to the theory discussed a while back that Lindsey secretly wanted his biggest fans to hear those GOS songs (which after all are not that raw and demo-ish, really they are quite polished) because we were Going Insane waiting...The theory, that he either allowed or did not stop the songs from being leaked (or at the very least, didn't mind that they were) because he knew it would make a lot of his big fans extremely happy without having a negative impact on record sales of the material (if anything having positive one cuz the songs are so darn good!). Then again, like I said, you may think I'm nuts.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."

Last edited by ERigby818; 03-15-2003 at 09:57 PM..
Old 03-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Two things: Thanks LindseyRocks for responding to my rambling! I thought that maybe I was putting my head on a chopping block! If nothing else, we fans of the Mac are a passionate and opinionated bunch. And Sonia....YES, I think you're crazy! Welcome to the club! lol
Old 03-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool PH...

No offense taken!! We love to discuss stuff....and I am the FIRST to admit, I go off on tangents sometimes and Peacekeeper is the PRIME example of my "going off". LOL I LOVE the song (Lindsey's version the most, but I love the FM version too now!!)!! Even tho some people don't like to discuss speculation and expectations, this IS a discussion board, but it's just for kicks and giggles. We are like a real (i.e. SICK!! LOL) family in that we argue and discuss stuff ad nauseum!!

Anyways, I love reading EVERYONE's posts, whether I agree with them or not. If we all agreed, this board would be lame.