Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Should Wendy Welch remain on this site

Tell us your opinion. Should she be knocked off or asked to leave? or do you want to hear what she has to say?
Old 04-04-2014, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
Tell us your opinion. Should she be knocked off or asked to leave? or do you want to hear what she has to say?
Interesting question about yourself. What prompted it?
Old 04-04-2014, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She posted a "public" article link about another former FM member(who semi-regularly posts in this forum), and their "apparent" former...."associations".

She says she was banned forever.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:29 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She posted a "public" article link about another former FM member(who semi-regularly posts in this forum), and their "apparent" former...."associations".

She says she was banned forever.
She did not post a public article link. Her inflammatory attack contained no link at all. Other people have posted public article links frequently. She posted a lengthy personal attack of her own, accusing criminal conduct that has never been charged and is defamatory. It was removed and then she engaged in threats and accusations about the removal. She was told she can do what she wants on her Facebook page, but she can't do what she wants here. She then posted this thread and yes she has been banned.

Last edited by ThePenguin; 04-04-2014 at 01:36 AM..
Old 04-04-2014, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was only saying that I have searched the allegations(years ago), and found pretty much the same articles.

Being the internet, of course it doesn't mean that they're true, but they're certainly out there, for anyone to read.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:37 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I was only saying that I have searched the allegations(years ago), and found pretty much the same articles.
She did not post a public link. She posted a personal attack which contained no link at all. However, she was not banned for the post. It was removed and that could have been the end of that. She decided she wasn't going to take no for an answer.

Last edited by ThePenguin; 04-04-2014 at 01:40 AM..
Old 04-04-2014, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sheesh I should check in more often, I usually miss all the drama. That damn time difference between the USA and Australia!!!

Can we all go back to being quiet now in the Early Years forum?
Old 04-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wendy Welch has gone through some very rough times since Bob passed away. I don't know how well she really coped with it. She has our sympathy, understanding and respect.
But I know many here found her posts disturbing and even insulting...
Old 04-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Wendy Welch

I want Wendy to stay! She is very well informed and only posts the truth!!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Banning Wendy altogether seems too harsh. Given her special status as the spouse of a deceased band member, she has a point of view and insight that is unique, and should be valued by our fan community. I'm not sure that she always posts "the truth," but I am sure she always states her opinion.

If there is a way to do this, maybe her posts could be screened by a moderator before they go public on the board. This would be like putting her "on probation." That seems like a more appropriate response than banning her altogether.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Banning Wendy altogether seems too harsh. Given her special status as the spouse of a deceased band member, she has a point of view and insight that is unique, and should be valued by our fan community. I'm not sure that she always posts "the truth," but I am sure she always states her opinion.

If there is a way to do this, maybe her posts could be screened by a moderator before they go public on the board. This would be like putting her "on probation." That seems like a more appropriate response than banning her altogether.
There are two points to be considered. Yes we have to give her respect because she's grieving and has lost her husband, band member or not. However, the same rules do apply to everyone on this board, and to allow one person to have special privileges simply because she's a link to the band isn't really acceptable.

Plus when her attacks are aimed at a former FM member who is also a member on here where do we draw the line?

Last edited by chriskisn; 04-04-2014 at 07:48 AM..
Old 04-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
Wendy Welch has gone through some very rough times since Bob passed away. I don't know how well she really coped with it. She has our sympathy, understanding and respect.
But I know many here found her posts disturbing and even insulting...
Sadly Bob was a great conspiracy theorist, and Wendy seems to be too. There isn't always a conspiracy behind everything. Bob didn't get into the hall of fame perhaps because he had a lawsuit against Mick, John and Chris. Chris got pissed as any of us would and didn't want anything to do with Bob. Yes, Bob was probably well within his rights to sue, but that didn't make Chris' feelings any less valid. It wasn't a conspiracy it was just plain personal dislike and resentment. These things happen even if they shouldn't.

No-one is trying to delete Bob's memory, it just doesn't sell albums. I'm one of the few people on here who think the Bob Welch era was the best era of FM. Most people think PG or SN/LB. Those eras sell albums, make money and people care about them. They don't care about the time in the wilderness between Peter leaving and SN and LB joining. It isn't a conspiracy it is just commercial common sense.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Sadly Bob was a great conspiracy theorist, and Wendy seems to be too. There isn't always a conspiracy behind everything. Bob didn't get into the hall of fame perhaps because he had a lawsuit against Mick, John and Chris. Chris got pissed as any of us would and didn't want anything to do with Bob. Yes, Bob was probably well within his rights to sue, but that didn't make Chris' feelings any less valid. It wasn't a conspiracy it was just plain personal dislike and resentment. These things happen even if they shouldn't.

No-one is trying to delete Bob's memory, it just doesn't sell albums. I'm one of the few people on here who think the Bob Welch era was the best era of FM. Most people think PG or SN/LB. Those eras sell albums, make money and people care about them. They don't care about the time in the wilderness between Peter leaving and SN and LB joining. It isn't a conspiracy it is just commercial common sense.
Thanks Chriskisn! This is really one of the most informative and sensible posts I have read on this theme. And it's not a thing that I know very much about... so thanks!
Old 04-04-2014, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
Thanks Chriskisn! This is really one of the most informative and sensible posts I have read on this theme. And it's not a thing that I know very much about... so thanks!

I second that!
Old 04-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Why ban Wendy when she is one of the few members of the ledge who actually know FM band members, past and present? Many people on here think they know FM members because they went to a Mick meet and greet or hung out at venues show after show and got a few words and a photo with Lindsey. Why doesn't Wendy get to share her insights and opinions about band members when she has more credibility than most everyone else here does?