The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hillary, the gift that keeps on giving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post

Hillary admittedly paid Russia for dirt on Trump and doesn’t get charged with collusion.

uranium to Russia...

Janet Lynch and Obama knew that Russia was meddling with our elections but stopped the investigation.

This is proof that the left don't have a leg to stand on.
Had Hillary won all this would have been swept under
the rug.

It seems Democrats finally realized in 2017 that Russians
aren't our friends.

I would suggest they get out of the way and let Trump do
his job.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This just in...

Biden says he'd beat the hell out of Trump if in high school.

Wow! This stuff is better than anything I could make up.

Biden, Clinton and Obama or Larry, Moe and Curly?
Old 03-22-2018, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
This just in...

Biden says he'd beat the hell out of Trump if in high school.

Wow! This stuff is better than anything I could make up.

Biden, Clinton and Obama or Larry, Moe and Curly?
I don't know about that. Trump was pretty scrappy. The Democratic Party needs to appeal to working class white voters in the next presidential election. They lost them last election. Biden is the only person they have who they think can appeal to those voters. The problem is Biden is 75 years right now. (4 years older than Trump.) He will be 78 years old the next election. Right now, the media is taking photographs of Biden giving money to homeless people and spreading them around the internet. They want the world to think that he is an angel and Trump the devil. The mainstream media is just a puppet of the DEEP STATE.

The bias of the media is soooo unreal. In 2012 Obama called Vladmir Putin to congratulate him on winning the election. Well, Trump just did the same thing and the media went crazy. They are insinuating that he is in league with Putin. They are absolutely ok with starting a new Cold War or World War 3 with Russia then admit how badly they screwed up in the election. Hillary paid Russia for information on Trump and the Obama administration stops Russian interference investigation, yet, Trump, a man who had no Washington experience. is supposed to be the one colluding with Putin. Totally ridiculous.

Watch the video I embedded. It's pretty sickening.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I don't know about that. Trump was pretty scrappy.

In 2012 Obama called Vladmir Putin to congratulate him on winning the election. Well, Trump just did the same thing and the media went crazy.
I believe Mr. Trump could take Biden any day of the week.
That's a PPV that I'd be glad to pay for.

I'm wondering if Biden felt the same about the enabler and
her husband Bill?

The call...
It's so ridiculous how the media paints the picture. If
there's not a story - make one up!

I don't believe I've heard one positive story about President
Trump the whole times he's been in office. It seems the news
media and Democrats would even like him to fail on North
Korea.

People wonder why conservatives listen to Fox News. It's
not that hard to figure out really.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Please stop the misogynistic blame game campaign against Stevie Nicks

Old 04-11-2018, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking as a woman, and as a feminist, being a woman does not exempt you from blame for your actions.

Everyone wants to paint Stevie as the victim of bad behavior perpetrated by Lindsey. I believe it is very likely that such behavior did occur.

However when their personal relationship ended the co-dependency between them did not. They each knew how to push each other's buttons and taunt each other and screw each other over in their interactions. I believe this kind of behavior has gone on for years perpetrated by BOTH of them towards each other.

Many of us believe she knew she could manipulate him by manipulating his feelings, and she also harbored resentments for things that happened in the past, and found ways to inflict payback. (As did he). Her solo success gave her more power within the band to demand what she wanted because to not give her what she wanted risked that she would leave and then they would all lose a lot of money.

She's not dumb. She's very business savvy, and she would use this increasing power to get her way on things. As she got more successful in her solo career and knew she had options that others did not, she began to feel more and more entitled to get her way. After all, she is a legend. The one person who always pushed back against her was Lindsey. Not necessarily a healthy thing, but such is their dynamic. Many people believe that since he was really the only person in the band who would not just give in to what she wanted, over time this really irritated her, and she ultimately used her leverage to get him out in order to have all the power in the band.

You can disagree and that's fine, but that is NOT misogyny. The word misogyny means "hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls." I can't speak for everyone who bashes Stevie, but for many people it isn't because she's a WOMAN that they are mad at her, it's because she made a POWER GRAB. You may choose to justify that because once upon a time he got physical with her. Others don't.

Women can be manipulative and use their financial power in nasty ways just like men can. That is what many think happened here.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-11-2018 at 02:31 PM..
Old 04-11-2018, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Speaking as a woman, and as a feminist, being a woman does not exempt you from blame for your actions.

Everyone wants to paint Stevie as the victim of bad behavior perpetrated by Lindsey. I believe it is very likely that such behavior did occur.

Their relationship ended. The co-dependency between them did not. They each knew how to push each other's buttons and taunt each other and screw each other over in their interactions. I believe this kind of behavior has gone on for years perpetrated by BOTH of them towards each other. Many of us believe she knew she could manipulate him by manipulating his feelings, and she also harbored resentments for things that happened in the past, and found ways to inflict payback. (As did he). Her solo success gave her more power within the band to demand what she wanted because to not give her what she wanted risked that she would leave and then they would all lose a lot of money. SHe's not dumb. SHe's a very smart cookie, and she would use this increasing power to get her way on things. As she got more successful in her solo career and knew she had options that others did not, she began to feel somewhat entitled to get her way. After all, she is a legend. The one person who always pushed back against her was Lindsey. Not necessarily a healthy thing, but such is their dynamic. Many people believe that since he was really the only person in the band who would not just give in to what she wanted, over time this really irritated her, and she ultimately used her leverage to get him out in order to have all the power in the band.

You can disagree and that's fine, but that is NOT misogyny. The word misogyny means "hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls." I can't speak for everyone who bashes Stevie, but for many people it isn't because she's a WOMAN that they are mad at her, it's because she made a POWER GRAB. You may choose to justify that because once upon a time he got physical with her. Others don't.

Women can be manipulative and use their financial power in nasty ways just like men can. That is what many think happened here.
Thank you. This is exactly the type of discussion I wish to have.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think there's enough real information out there about the firing to make a call on this either way. No one (except the band) knows exactly what was said or done, so how can we assign any labels, including "misogynistic" or "power grab," to what happened?
Old 04-11-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Thank you. This is exactly the type of discussion I wish to have.
I'm afraid this type of discussion belongs to the Hot Topics thread, sorry but I'll have to move it there.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking as a woman, and as a feminist, and a lifelong Stevie fan (hence the screen name) being a woman does not exempt you from blame for your actions.

However when their personal relationship ended the co-dependency between them did not. They each knew how to push each other's buttons and taunt each other and screw each other over in their interactions. I believe this kind of behavior has gone on for years perpetrated by BOTH of them towards each other.

Many of us believe she knew she could manipulate him by manipulating his feelings, and she also harbored resentments for things that happened in the past, and found ways to inflict payback. (As did he). Her solo success gave her more power within the band to demand what she wanted because to not give her what she wanted risked that she would leave and then they would all lose a lot of money.

She's not dumb. She's very business savvy, and she would use this increasing power to get her way on things. As she got more successful in her solo career and knew she had options that others did not, she began to feel more and more entitled to get her way. After all, she is a legend. The one person who always pushed back against her was Lindsey. Not necessarily a healthy thing, but such is their dynamic. Many people believe that since he was really the only person in the band who would not just give in to what she wanted, over time this really irritated her, and she ultimately used her leverage to get him out in order to have all the power in the band.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Egg-zactly

I never hated her before and I’ll always love her music. But since becoming creatively bankrupt shes become so bitter and spiteful toward her own band. Putting a name on it and calling her out for what’s she’s done and become issnt Mrs-ogamy.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:08 PM

Honestly I don't think the point is if people call Stevie out, the problem is how they're doing it, personally I've seen a lot of expletives that refer to Stevie's sex life, her appearance and so on and I don't approve it.
Let's pretend for a moment that we're talking about someone else, if a girl or a woman has done something wrong and people are understandably angry with her and call her out, does this make it acceptable to insult her out as a woman, or shouldn't she be addressed as simply a person?
Old 04-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I'm afraid this type of discussion belongs to the Hot Topics thread, sorry but I'll have to move it there.
No actually a Stevie Nicks thread belongs in a Stevie Nicks or Rumours forum. But you are one of the people who are enabling this behavior so I expected as much.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
No actually a Stevie Nicks thread belongs in a Stevie Nicks or Rumours forum. But you are one of the people who are enabling this behavior so I expected as much.
If the threads were simply about Stevie's person I wouldn't have any problem letting them stay there but since the discussions evidently intended to start heavy political dissertations then it belongs here.
I'm curious about how I would be enabling what?
Old 04-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Honestly I don't think the point is if people call Stevie out, the problem is how they're doing it, personally I've seen a lot of expletives that refer to Stevie's sex life, her appearance and so on and I don't approve it.
Let's pretend for a moment that we're talking about someone else, if a girl or a woman has done something wrong and people are understandably angry with her and call her out, does this make it acceptable to insult her out as a woman, or shouldn't she be addressed as simply a person?
Is she really being insulted as a woman? I didn’t see it anywhere but maybe I’m staying in just more positive groups.

Most groups jump on others if they even remotely mentioned the story that was told by that Petty insider- it’s him or me. It never even gets to name calling.

If anything, you can describe the power grab as a textbook business MAN tactics- you get enough power, you squeeze the person that stands in your way out.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"