Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Songs In My Regular Rotation

I appreciate that full albums are, as LB notes, a lost art form. OOTC is still my favorite album played in its' entirity. However, the number of songs in the regular rotation from each album (on my ipod) unconciously mirrors my feelings about each album:

OOTC - 9 songs (instrumental introductions not included in the count)
SWS - 6 songs
GOS - 4 songs
UTS - 4 songs
L&O - 1 song
GI - 0
Old 12-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I'm new around here, is there anywhere I could find these tracks? I'd love to listen.

For me my favorite and least favorite Lindsey albums change periodically. Right now GI is my least favorite and it's a pretty close three way tie between UTS, GOS and SWS. SWS is probably a hair in the lead because I am in love with Rock Away Blind at the moment.
This is a .RAR file ( opens with WIN.rar ) Let me know if you can't open it, and I can upload the songs individually...

http://www.mediafire.com/?mn5pqv1nb9fc5by

Also, see these threads for more:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...ighlight=demos

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...ighlight=demos

There are some overlaps in the two threads, and some of the stuff from the GOS CD-R are in there as well. For the complete album, though, go with the mediafire link.

- Tee
Old 12-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Sure, here you go Elle:

http://www.mediafire.com/?34yy6ro7p3c0mru

This was from the little promo tour videos he did for UTS tour.

What is the GOS CD-R?
Cool Thanks for that. Do you mean the videos from backstage and on the plane and stuff? I don't recall hearing this before What else ya got?!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Senior Ledgie

Law and Order is by far the worst. SWS is nowhere near as bad as that.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much Lindsfan! You are my hero! I am downloading right now and should have no problems opening a .rar file.

I'm already changing my mind again and GI is moving up. I don't think I could give a definitive favorite/least favorite for Lindsey, I'm too in love with all of them right now.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
Law and Order is by far the worst. SWS is nowhere near as bad as that.

See I would disagree and say Go Insane is far worse than Law and Order, which at best is somewhat disorganized, but has some melodic stuff.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Thank you so much Lindsfan! You are my hero! I am downloading right now and should have no problems opening a .rar file.

I'm already changing my mind again and GI is moving up. I don't think I could give a definitive favorite/least favorite for Lindsey, I'm too in love with all of them right now.
You're welcome

I like your way of thinking...they all kind of get to me in different ways ( except L&O ). SWS and GOS are my favorites. OOTC is next, but I love GI too, and when I'm in the right mood I love to put in my best earbuds and crank it up
It took me a while to warm up to UTS. Though I always loved the live versions of those songs, the CD took some time to get used to, for me. Now I really enjoy it when I'm in a nice mellow mood.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Cool Thanks for that. Do you mean the videos from backstage and on the plane and stuff? I don't recall hearing this before What else ya got?!
The video that audio was from, he was sitting in the floor on the side of a hotel bed.

As far as I know that was the only audio ripped from those videos. I'm sure everyone else has far more than I do.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

Gift Of Screws is a nice reaction to Under The Skin... there's BASS! The songs all sound finished, and well executed. Still, as an entire work, I feel it's missing something... and I've never been able to pinpoint exactly what that is.

I agree that GOS is missing something. I think the problem is that the songs are good on their own, but there doesn't seem to be much to tie them together and make them work as a whole album.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gift Of Screws

But, to be fair, it's really not bad, it's just that I personally cannot relate to the lyrics; I'm just not "there" in my life. It just lacks the darkness that makes me stand up and go "wow!".

But, I love Under The Skin. Shut Us Down is probably my favorite Lindsey solo song.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I agree that GOS is missing something. I think the problem is that the songs are good on their own, but there doesn't seem to be much to tie them together and make them work as a whole album.
This is how I feel too! I really like the album, but when I work out with it I have to skip around.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
This is what I feel. That is why SWS was it for me when I first heard it. The songs just flow so well. Should I be thanking Kristen?

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 12-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it fair to compare SWS to the original bootlegged version of GoS that was leaked in 2001? That album was a masterpiece in its original form that was later frittered away bit-by-bit onto various FM and solo projects in a decidedly less successful manner. To be honest, that original GoS is probably the only Lindsey album that I really, really enjoy. SWS is just too... overwrought and a bit smarmy. There is nothing on there that comes close to "Down on Rodeo" or "Red Rover" or even "Someone's Gonna Change Your Mind." When you compare these albums, it's actually a bit sad.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I forgot about bootlegged GOS!!!!!! Had that been released...it would have been it for me. That ties OOTC for me. Amazing SWS......makes me sad

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 12-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys are too over-dramatic here. SWS makes you sad? What even is that? Look, I'm going to try and put myself in someone's mind who doesn't like SWS (very hard for me but I'm doing it). Even then I'm trying to hear how anyone can think it's THAT bad. So the mixing isn't up to your standards...I get it. Still, the album is NOT that bad to make people sad. Unless you have some kind of emotional reaction to the song lyrics or something...

WTH?

I'm going to officially name myself the only SWS stan here. I have nothing bad to say about the album and I still listen to it constantly. So perhaps you should pop out your OOTC and original GOS instead. Hmph.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL