The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2004, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking The Carolina Panthers go to their first ever SUPERBOWL!

Since I was born and raised here in Charlotte, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited right now.

Panthers & Pats!!!! YESSS!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sincerely happy for you, but I dread the traffic...

- Jake
Old 01-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't care much for Mr. Bob Kraft, who used to (and still does, I think) own the New England Patriots. He's a jerk. The people who own the Panthers are great. The owner's wife is a classy southern lady who used to wear a gorgeous panther broach to the game. She was a sweetheart but I can't remember her name. Does Drew Bledsoe still play for the Pats? I met his dad and grandmother. The Bledsoe family has some fine looking men in it, alright.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I don't care much for Mr. Bob Kraft, who used to (and still does, I think) own the New England Patriots. He's a jerk. The people who own the Panthers are great. The owner's wife is a classy southern lady who used to wear a gorgeous panther broach to the game. She was a sweetheart but I can't remember her name. Does Drew Bledsoe still play for the Pats? I met his dad and grandmother. The Bledsoe family has some fine looking men in it, alright.
Not that I know much about football but yes Bob Kraft sill owns the Patriots and Drew Bledsoe has not been with the Patriots for about two years. I think that he is with Buffalo now. The Patriots QB is Tom Brady. He was actually at the Mac concert in Boston back in Sept. I heard people making a fuss over him but I honestly could not see him.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well congratulations... I first had my heart set on a Philly/Tennessee superbowl this year, then a Philly/Indianapolis, but I havent had much luck with any NFL this year... I'm a life long Browns fan.

I don't know who I'm going to root for yet, I'm just releived Green Bay lost week before last.

"Being in this band really f**** up relationships with chicks."
-Lindsey Buckingham

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I adored him."
-Stevie Nicks

"Quite frankly, I think I can presume on Stevie's behalf that she wasn't too sad seeing Lindsey go."
-Mick Fleetwood

"I play bass."
-John McVie.

I love this band.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All I wanted was the Eagles to go out the way they came in at the new stadium...losers. Woot. Got my wish

If I remember correctly, Kraft built the Gillette Stadium with money from his own pocket...I have to give him some props for that even if he is a total ass.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Too bad their offense is SOOOOOOOOO boring. I can only take a good defense for so long...then I gotta see some offense.

The Ravens a couple of years ago, then Tampa Bay last year...just makes the games real yawners. Thank GOD for teams like the Los Angeles...uh...I mean...St. Louis Rams. Denver Broncos & Indy Colts to be able to score from anywhere on the field on any down & distance. To me, THAT's what makes a game exciting.

Now if Carolina would just put Rodney Peete in the game, their offense might pick up the pace a bit.

But, anyway, enough of that...

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE PANTHER FANS ON THEIR FIRST TRIP TO THE BIG GAME!!
Old 01-19-2004, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
The people who own the Panthers are great. The owner's wife is a classy southern lady who used to wear a gorgeous panther broach to the game. She was a sweetheart but I can't remember her name.
Jerry Richardson owns the Panthers (for those of you watching the game last night, he's the one that accepted the NFC championship trophy). He is an EXTREMELY nice man. He comes into our restaurant all the time to eat. He and his wife come in a lot too, but the last time I saw him in there was the afternoon of the Panthers/Cowboys game and he was eating a salad by himself. He tipped the waiter 100% of the bill and he actually stopped and talked to a lot of tables, and HANDED OUT SOME TICKETS TO THE GAME!!!! He is SUCH an awesome guy. Quite the gentleman

The Richardsons are a wonderful change of pace from George Shinn, the owner of the Charlotte (New Orleans) Hornets. He was the scum of the earth. Most of the reason he took the team away was because we knew he was scum and we ran his ass out of town. And thank goodness that the people of NO don't seem to be putting up with his bull**** either!

Last edited by Merf; 01-19-2004 at 04:12 PM..
Old 01-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

As an Eagles fan, I must say I was a little dismayed with the outcome of the game, well, OK a lot dismayed. And as an Eagles fan, I'm rooting for New England b/c of the late & unnecessary hit Carolina put on McNabb which knocked him out of the game. They should have been penalized for that hit, for shame!

Lee
Old 01-19-2004, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Congratulations Panthers fans! I am personally so happy for you because I know what it's like to finally have a team make a superbowl (at least while I was alive). Looking forward to the big day...but the Panthers are going down!

Shamus (Now if we could only get those Red Sox to win some playoff games...)