Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2004, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Annie - the Movie

So I saw this film when it was released in 81. I was 10 and it was one of my fave films at the time. I spotted it was on TV the other day so I sat down to watch it with Rhiannon (she's 7). And it was a bloody remake! Why did the bother!! LOL! I had to go out and buy the original. You just can't beat Carol Burnette as Miss Hannigan. She IS the film IMO! And I'm sad to say I still knew all the words to the songs
Old 01-19-2004, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Annie - the Movie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
So I saw this film when it was released in 81. I was 10 and it was one of my fave films at the time. I spotted it was on TV the other day so I sat down to watch it with Rhiannon (she's 7). And it was a bloody remake! Why did the bother!! LOL! I had to go out and buy the original. You just can't beat Carol Burnette as Miss Hannigan. She IS the film IMO! And I'm sad to say I still knew all the words to the songs
Carol Burnett was the only thing I liked in that movie, to be honest. I saw part of the TV one & it was more lighthearted - no drawn out ferris wheel chase, etc.
I'm not a big fan of musicals anyway, but Annie is perhaps the one I like least, whether the movie or not.
Growing up it seemed that the girls all liked Annie & the boys all liked the Three Stooges, a great gender divide.

- Jake
Old 01-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Carol Burnett was the ONLY good thing about that flick. Even Bernadette Peters and Tim Curry left me a bit cold, and they are usually FANTASTIC.

I liked the remake a bit more because Kathy Bates is just, well, amazing. And I love Victor Garber, too.

Old 01-19-2004, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's a CLASSIC! I own the movie and have seen it probably a thousand times. I like Victor Garber but c'mon....nothing beats the original movie with Albert Finney, Anne Reinking, Bernadette Peters, Tim Curry and Carol Burnette
Old 01-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
It's a CLASSIC! I own the movie and have seen it probably a thousand times. I like Victor Garber but c'mon....nothing beats the original movie with Albert Finney, Anne Reinking, Bernadette Peters, Tim Curry and Carol Burnette
Sorry, it makes me cringe in agony.

The only parts I like are the "Little Girls" and "Easy Street" numbers; those are fab. The rest...eh.

On a side note, anyone remember Aileen Quinn (the girl who played Annie) starring in one of the Cannon Movie Tales, "The Frog Prince"? Helen Hunt was in it, too. I *love* the Cannon Movie Tales.

Old 01-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
ITA - AND I have been known to belt out "Tommorow" at will and often. I just love it and the movie, esp. Carol B.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been singin along... I have to admit! Heheh.. I do love this film. My daughter is obsessed with it and wants us to do our own Annie play... A bit tricky as there are only 4 of us in thie family. This is her cast list:

Annie - played by Rhiannon
Miss Hannigan and Grace - played by Mummy
Daddy Warbucks and Rooster - played by Daddy
Sandy - played by Cory (her 4 yr old brother... and he is happy with being the dog! LOL!)

Pip