Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It is very sad. I've been having some health problems the past few weeks, and decided that it's finally time to get a will done(I've been trying to make myself do it for 3-4 years, but death is a hard thing to think about, at least for me).

If the friend doesn't pay me back, that $250 is literally going to cost them 50K. Because that's what I was leaving them(which is their student loan debt amount). They'll never know, because I won't tell them, but karma can be a bitch. DO.THE.RIGHT.THING, kids.

Heck yes! Lindsey is the only one I'll be supporting now, and I hope you hit some of his Midwest shows! Dinner and drinks!
I hope you're ok!!
Old 07-12-2018, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I hope you're ok!!
Thank you, my friend.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I take this all with a grain of salt. Was Lindsey "abusive"? Maybe. Did Stevie deserve it? Probably. Did she dish it as good as she got it? Most likely. Did anyone care 40 years ago? No. Would they both do it again? You betcha. They deserved each other then, they deserve to be unhappy now. Fame ruined them both. Beautiful people with beautiful problems. Stick them in a trailer park and they would fit right in with Trailer Trash. The only difference it their money and talent.
But... thats why we love them right?
Old 07-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you very much.

It honestly does bother me that some people think I'm a mean guy.

Because I'm not.
The mass exodus that you helped to facilitate here might say otherwise.
I hope your illness is not serious and wish you good health.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Was Lindsey "abusive"? Maybe. Did Stevie deserve it? Probably.
Are you kidding me? People still think like this?
Old 07-12-2018, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
NOPE the person who facilitated this mass exodus has the initials G.O.A.T.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
NOPE the person who facilitated this mass exodus has the initials G.O.A.T.
Love the Stevie in curlers pic!
Old 07-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yet I clearly failed in one important case.

Thank you.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The biggest reason she didn’t want to make another album with him is because she mostly didn’t enjoy making albums with him. Rumours wasn’t fun for her, Tusk, Mirage, TITN, and SYW weren’t fun for her. Why would the next one be fun?
This is the crux. She hates being in the studio with him. In fact, she may not be all that keen about being in the studio with the rest of them, either. My view is that, from the Seventies on, none of them accorded her much respect as a musician vocalist in the studio. You can see it in their faces as she's trying to explain something (in ditzy metaphors) or tell a story (in her airheaded elliptical style). It was a self-fulfilling prophecy: The more she gave suggestions about tracks or production, the more dismissive the others were. And the more dismissive they were, the more she pulled back—and made her own fun recording her own albums, where she could be the cute college girl once again, the center of attention in her circle of friends and session players.

Case in point: The are-you-kidding-me looks and eye rolls that the others all give her in the Village Recorder footage from recording Tusk.

Another case in point: Mick's words about Stevie in the 2 on the Town segment from 1982. He implied that she lacks studio discipline, instead preferring to emote spontaneously and use that track so that she doesn't have to go back over and over and retake. John of course is like that too, but I assume that John's bass parts come down to one or two takes anyway—not like Stevie's vocals, which can require days or weeks of repetition. And John's impatience with recording wasn't compounded with a ditzy personality, which can grate on the nerves of people in close confines with Stevie for extended periods.

Wanted to add: I've recorded with good friends in a studio before. By the end of a week, we hated each other.

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 07-12-2018 at 02:35 PM..
Old 07-12-2018, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yet I clearly failed in one important case.

Thank you.
Maybe you could try a stake or silver bullet?
Old 07-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did Stevie deserve it?
NOONE deserves to be abused!
Old 07-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe you could try a stake or silver bullet?
I'll try anything once.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
NOONE deserves to be abused!
You both left out the second part of my post. She deserved it because she did the same thing to him. It was an equal opportunity abusive relationship. There are a lot of ways to be abusive in a relationship. Im sure she pressed his buttons. She still does to this day. Manipulations. Gas lighting. Cheating. Mind Games. did Lindsey hit her? a few times im sure. But I bet she slapped him silly a few times too. They are children.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You both left out the second part of my post. She deserved it because she did the same thing to him. It was an equal opportunity abusive relationship. There are a lot of ways to be abusive in a relationship. Im sure she pressed his buttons. She still does to this day. Manipulations. Gas lighting. Cheating. Mind Games. did Lindsey hit her? a few times im sure. But I bet she slapped him silly a few times too. They are children.
~I~ knew exactly what you meant. They're both button pushers, intentionally rubbing each other the wrong way. Sometimes you pick away until the other person breaks.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This is the crux. She hates being in the studio with him. In fact, she may not be all that keen about being in the studio with the rest of them, either. My view is that, from the Seventies on, none of them accorded her much respect as a musician vocalist in the studio. You can see it in their faces as she's trying to explain something (in ditzy metaphors) or tell a story (in her airheaded elliptical style). It was a self-fulfilling prophecy: The more she gave suggestions about tracks or production, the more dismissive the others were. And the more dismissive they were, the more she pulled back—and made her own fun recording her own albums, where she could be the cute college girl once again, the center of attention in her circle of friends and session players.

Case in point: The are-you-kidding-me looks and eye rolls that the others all give her in the Village Recorder footage from recording Tusk.

Another case in point: Mick's words about Stevie in the 2 on the Town segment from 1982. He implied that she lacks studio discipline, instead preferring to emote spontaneously and use that track so that she doesn't have to go back over and over and retake. John of course is like that too, but I assume that John's bass parts come down to one or two takes anyway—not like Stevie's vocals, which can require days or weeks of repetition. And John's impatience with recording wasn't compounded with a ditzy personality, which can grate on the nerves of people in close confines with Stevie for extended periods.

Wanted to add: I've recorded with good friends in a studio before. By the end of a week, we hated each other.
I always enjoy when you weigh in, David. The last two sentences of your post might be the most important of all.

Musicians are often terrible to each other in the studio, in part because the studio resembles a bunker where otherwise creative people are held captive by the very process that will enable their music to reach millions of ears; in part because this claustrophobic natural light-free setting encourages one to use stimulants and other drugs to keep going and “stay fresh”; but also in part because the perfection required to master repetitive, seemingly-endless processes like music making takes its toll on anyone’s patience. I remember in the 90s editing, designing, and printing a small magazine with my then boyfriend out of our home. Each issue required hours and hours of attention to detail and patience, patience, patience. At times, we wanted to kill one another. We had complete creative control because we did it ourselves, but that also meant all the laborious chores were ours. Mac, who self-produced and arranged with two studio engineers, must have felt all of this. By the way, we were able to keep the magazine going for four years. 10 issues later, we rarely made deadlines without some cost to our emotional lives. We even broke up while we still lived together. Sound familiar?

Last edited by aleuzzi; 07-12-2018 at 05:30 PM..