The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone please tell me kicking an addictive caffeine habit is worth it, because so far it doesn't seem like it. I've never been so irritable about certain things and just BLAH in all my life. The things that usually make me the happiest are now starting to get to me, and then there is this constant tired feeling even when I'm not even tired/sleepy. I can't believe it has this much of an effect.

It's ridiculous, I'm so close to just saying f*** it and go back to my coffee. At least I'm not like this on it.

Last edited by DefDumbandBlond; 06-09-2010 at 08:17 PM..
Old 06-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw a Massachusetts license plate today that read:
222-TWO

It was a rainy day today. I saw a man walking down the sidewalk holding an umbrella and he was barefoot.

Since 1991 every single letter that I have mailed has had some type of sticker on it. I love stickers!

Last edited by vivfox; 06-10-2010 at 09:43 PM..
Old 06-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm getting my first Mac inspired tattoo tomorrow. I drew it up myself...a tambourine w/ red and black ribbons, with "You'll See Your Gyspy" written on the head of the tambo.

I'll try to post a pic after I get it.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post
I'm getting my first Mac inspired tattoo tomorrow. I drew it up myself...a tambourine w/ red and black ribbons, with "You'll See Your Gyspy" written on the head of the tambo.

That sounds seriously cool. Alas, I'm not one for tats at all, and if I was to get any music-based tat at all, it'd probably be something from Led Zeppelin, like the falling Apollo from the Swansong Records logo or the 4 symbols from IV, but if I got a Mac I'd probably get a penguin.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 06-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
I do follow Neil on Twitter, but not Amanda. I seriously dislike her. She says and does awful things in the name of "being edgy." And, unfortunately, Neil has said some sad things in defense of her when I would have expected better out of him. But I still love Neil's work and admire it greatly, so I can't abandon his ship yet.
Hello, Evelyn Evelyn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefDumbandBlonde
It's ridiculous, I'm so close to just saying f*** it and go back to my coffee. At least I'm not like this on it.
Dude, go back to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Facts About Coffee
http://www.fitwise.com/benefits_caffeine.asp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy4Life
Ahh, good luck! Can't wait to see pictures
You're so like me
Old 06-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just made this graph on GraphJam for myself. It's a joke on something they always told us in my journalism class freshman year that I couldn't resist making.

The definition of the word "Rumor" according to Stony Brook University

Old 06-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Hello, Evelyn Evelyn.
Yeah, that was GREAT! I mean, what's a little crip-drag amongst artists? Did you see how she went on Aussie TV to make fun of the disabled feminists for having the misguided, silly temerity to be offended by her behavior and point out that it was wrong? Yeah, that was fun, too. And edgy.

I also love that one time she tried to put Lady Gaga down for the product placement in that one video with Beyonce by tweeting, "ironic product placement is only ok if you take no money & beyond that give all the income to something ironic. like the Klan." Y'know, 'cos the Klan is so ironical. And edgy.

Oh oh, and what about that time she found a Katy Perry lookalike to rape in effigy on stage with Margaret Cho (WTF, MARGARET CHO?!). WARNING: That link is extremely NSFW, possibly triggering, really disturbing, and downright disgusting - particularly when you take into account the fact that Palmer has previously touted herself as a survivor. BUT HEY! It's OKAY! She was doing it in support of gay marriage! How ironical. And edgy.

Allow me to do my highly accurate Amanda Palmer impression, if you will:

OMG U GUISE! LOOKIT MEEEE! OMG. I'M SO NONCONFORMIST, AND, LIKE, QUIRKY AND STUFF! IT'S ART! ALSO I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK! OMG. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME. LIKE, I'M SORRY YOU'RE OFFENDED, BUT THAT'S YOUR FAULT! GET OVER IT. WAIT. WHY'D YOU STOP LOOKING AT ME? LOOOOOOOKITMEEEEEEEE!"

Ugh. Just...ugh.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 06-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Just made this graph on GraphJam for myself. It's a joke on something they always told us in my journalism class freshman year that I couldn't resist making.

The definition of the word "Rumor" according to Stony Brook University
Very cool! I was a communications major at UCLA way back in the day.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister View Post
Very cool! I was a communications major at UCLA way back in the day.
Me, I'm a business major, but cause I'm in this honors program, they decided to plop all of us into it. I still remember Dean Schneider yelling to the lecture hall about that and how you gotta "open the freezer".

Old 06-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Yeah, that was GREAT! I mean, what's a little crip-drag amongst artists? Did you see how she went on Aussie TV to make fun of the disabled feminists for having the misguided, silly temerity to be offended by her behavior and point out that it was wrong? Yeah, that was fun, too. And edgy.

I also love that one time she tried to put Lady Gaga down for the product placement in that one video with Beyonce by tweeting, "ironic product placement is only ok if you take no money & beyond that give all the income to something ironic. like the Klan." Y'know, 'cos the Klan is so ironical. And edgy.

Oh oh, and what about that time she found a Katy Perry lookalike to rape in effigy on stage with Margaret Cho (WTF, MARGARET CHO?!). WARNING: That link is extremely NSFW, possibly triggering, really disturbing, and downright disgusting - particularly when you take into account the fact that Palmer has previously touted herself as a survivor. BUT HEY! It's OKAY! She was doing it in support of gay marriage! How ironical. And edgy.

Allow me to do my highly accurate Amanda Palmer impression, if you will:

OMG U GUISE! LOOKIT MEEEE! OMG. I'M SO NONCONFORMIST, AND, LIKE, QUIRKY AND STUFF! IT'S ART! ALSO I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK! OMG. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME. LIKE, I'M SORRY YOU'RE OFFENDED, BUT THAT'S YOUR FAULT! GET OVER IT. WAIT. WHY'D YOU STOP LOOKING AT ME? LOOOOOOOKITMEEEEEEEE!"

Ugh. Just...ugh.

Oh my sweet God in heaven. Things I knew about-- the dress and Evelyn. Things I could never imagine-- nothing's funnier than the Klan and rape. I have the most horrible taste in my mouth right now.

Edit- I really appreciate the links. I got too carried away in the midst of my disgust to thank you properly.
You're so like me

Last edited by LikeAWillow; 06-11-2010 at 04:37 PM..
Old 06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Oh my sweet God in heaven. Things I knew about-- the dress and Evelyn. Things I could never imagine-- nothing's funnier than the Klan and rape. I have the most horrible taste in my mouth right now.

Edit- I really appreciate the links. I got too carried away in the midst of my disgust to thank you properly.
Yeah, she's a real piece of work, that one. She's just all kinds of fail, and doesn't seem to get why the stuff she does is bad and she should feel bad. And while Neil is not responsible for her actions nor should he be made to be so, it is unfortunate that he gets a little too smoke-gets-in-your-eyes & tries to defend that kind of **** from time to time in public.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 06-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post

Good luck! Make sure they spell it "Gypsy"
Old 06-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default BP coffee spill

Old 06-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
That made me laugh in a very sad, comical way. Thanks for posting.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No matter how many times I watch this, I can nver stop laughing at 3:07 to 3:15