The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > The Penguin > The Ledge Boards

Old 03-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Now, everyone could just start a new user account and leave their old posts unchanged and start with new usernames at post #1 again. That wouldn't clog up the server, but I don't think people should have a second user account.
Michele
What actually enables you to know it is the same person creating a second account though? I could create a second account through my work internet (so different IP address) and use a different email address (I've got lots). Yes you could probably tell it was someone in Perth, Western Australia, but other than that, would you know it was me?

I think it would be a shame to lose Steve after all these years, I understand fully that changing the thousands of posts is out of the question but I think it is a shame that we can't just ban his old account and let him create another. Sure, it is breaking the rule, but sometimes things can surely be bent a little?
Old 03-25-2014, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Read again, about what changing 15K posts entails, crashing the server.

Wanna know what's funny? I will MEET this Pete/John guy, this Saturday, as he and his partner fly into Indiana, to attend my good friend Michelle's wedding.

I know it's random, within the context of the thread, but my "Ledgies collide" thread, has literally linked me up with about a dozen Ledgies. And Pete/John will be added to the list this weekend. I've also met Steve, working with the band he tours with, on the road.

The Ledgies that I met here, a decade ago...most of them don't post here anymore, but a few of us became lifelong friends, and hang out 4-5 times a year, driving 2-4 hours to do so. And I will always be thankful to the Ledge for that.

Pardon my ramble. The Pete/John thing made me pontificate!