User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Funny how people who think Mick is a liar think he was telling Wendy the truth…

Who was the easiest to throw under the bus as far as Fleetwood Mac concerned in 2012?
Well Bob, obviously, but wait, what year did he suicide? Not 2012 was it? Throwing him under the bus at that particular juncture would surely be out of the question.

STEVIE should have been thrown under the bus when she delayed the tour and replaced with Sheryl Crow or Susannah Hoffs.

Gotta say, a line up of Mick, John, Christine, Lindsey and Sheryl appeals to me much more than the current reality. That said, Sheryl would feel too much loyalty to Stevie to say yes and Susannah would be worried about damaging her legacy with the Bangles...though Neil and Mike were unfazed about their respectively very respectable legacies, so who knows.

Last edited by secret love; 06-22-2018 at 05:06 PM..
Old 06-22-2018, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Well Bob, obviously, but wait, what year did he suicide? Not 2012 was it? Throwing him under the bus at that particular juncture would surely be out of the question.
That’s not what the reference was about. Bob committed suicide in 2012, and Wendy Welch said that Mick told her Christine refused to go to the Hall of Fame ceremony if Bob was included. It was easy for Mick to blame that on the long retired Christine, thus creating no hard feelings between Wendy and the remaining members.

But was that really what happened?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-22-2018, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That’s not what the reference was about. Bob committed suicide in 2012, and Wendy Welch said that Mick told her Christine refused to go to the Hall of Fame ceremony if Bob was included. It was easy for Mick to blame that on the long retired Christine, thus creating no hard feelings between Wendy and the remaining members.

Very true. Mick could be lying, but are there any other theories out there that may be correct?
Old 06-22-2018, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bob committed suicide in 2012,
Know what's weird? I used to chat with Bob on his website. They lived in Nashville, and I've always spent tons of time there. I always wanted to ask him and Wendy out to dinner, but never did(I guess out of fear that they wouldn't have accepted[although I think they would have]).

Bob committed suicide on a morning that I was leaving Nashville. It was just weird to think that I was only a few miles away(there's your pun) from him, and had chatted with him, and failed to try to meet them both.

Every time I hear a Bob song, I remember that day. I didn't see the news until I got to my other home(in IN), and saw it here on the Ledge.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I don't think we will ever know the whole story with that.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:20 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I don't think we will ever know the whole story with that.
Let's just all agree to agree that it was Stevie's fault. I'm pretty sure that's how this works.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
Let's just all agree to agree that it was Stevie's fault. I'm pretty sure that's how this works.
That made me laugh, very droll.
And you’re right.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I remember reading some of Wendy's Q&A comments from after. She implicated all three of the Brits and said Stevie& Lindsey had nothing to do with what happened and claimed Lindsey even said that he thought Bob should've been inducted. Her resentment towards Mick John and Chris was very obvious tbh.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I remember reading some of Wendy's Q&A comments from after. She implicated all three of the Brits and said Stevie& Lindsey had nothing to do with what happened and claimed Lindsey even said that he thought Bob should've been inducted. Her resentment towards Mick John and Chris was very obvious tbh.
I was FB friends with her, and she insisted there that it was Christine(according to Mick) that refused to attend the RRHOF ceremony, if Bob was there.

I mean, Mick's a lying scumbag, so maybe we'll never know the real truth, but Mick told Wendy, that it was Christine's refusal to attend, that kept Bob out.

My lifetime heroine took a BIG hit to her Superwoman status, in my eyes, when I found out.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I was FB friends with her, and she insisted there that it was Christine(according to Mick) that refused to attend the RRHOF ceremony, if Bob was there.

I mean, Mick's a lying scumbag, so maybe we'll never know the real truth, but Mick told Wendy, that it was Christine's refusal to attend, that kept Bob out.

My lifetime heroine took a BIG hit to her Superwoman status, in my eyes, when I found out.
I understand why many might wish to believe that Christine would never do such a thing and Mick must be lying. Christine is supposed to be the "good one." Believe me, I wasn't excited to hear this either, and I'm definitely not eager to believe it. It is true that Mick had a reason to shift blame elsewhere.

However, considering that such a lie would undoubtedly eventually get back to Christine (indeed, for all Mick knew, Wendy would confront her), I don't think he'd dare make such a thing up. He'd have to know he'd get called on it.

Sadly, I think we must conclude the most likely scenario is that this was one of those instances where Mick was actually telling the truth.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I understand why many might wish to believe that Christine would never do such a thing and Mick must be lying. Christine is supposed to be the "good one." Believe me, I wasn't excited to hear this either, and I'm definitely not eager to believe it. It is true that Mick had a reason to shift blame elsewhere.

However, considering that such a lie would undoubtedly eventually get back to Christine (indeed, for all Mick knew, Wendy would confront her), I don't think he'd dare make such a thing up. He'd have to know he'd get called on it.

Sadly, I think we must conclude the most likely scenario is that this was one of those instances where Mick was actually telling the truth.

Don't put it past him- he's not always that bright. I get the feeling he often lives for the moment and doesn't think of long term consequences.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood