Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2003, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post Strange case for moi

I swear to this day I heard Eyes of the World somewhere. I remember hearing "in the eyes of the world" with some guy singing it with an acoustic guitar, actually in a slow tempo.

P.S. Did Lindsey ever perform that song in his solo tour and in a slow tempo (on that "Centerstage" performance?)

(referring to the "Death Star" laser)
Dr. Evil- "...I thought we'd name it in his honor: The Alan Parsons Project."
Scott- "The Alan Parsons Project was a progressive rock band from 1982. Why don't you just name it Operation Wang Chung?"
Old 11-22-2003, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know about songs, but here was a big newsflash. I knew of songs from Bella Donna, TWH, and RAL before I knew Stevie was in FM. Really, a friend had to tell me.

- Jake
Old 11-22-2003, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When I was young, I never knew Rhiannon was a Fleetwood Mac song. I just knew it by hearing it on the radio and I loved it. A couple of years later, I knew it as a "Stevie Nicks" song because that's what they always referred to it as. It wasn't until later I found it's true origin.

Shamus
Old 11-22-2003, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

When I first got into them in the mid-70s I was surprised that "Over My Head" was one of their songs. Thats about it.
Old 11-22-2003, 08:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

This may be a little off track but in late 1981 when I first heard Dont Let Him Go by REO Speedwagon I thought it was a new Fleetwood Mac song, as they were coming out with a new album. The DJ never referenced the band so I went to the record store and asked the clerk about DLHG and he said "oh that's REO" and I was like **** I guess no new music yet!!!
Old 11-22-2003, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey did Eyes of The World on his Cradle Tour, although it wasn't on the Centerstage show.

It's a little different to the Mac one on Mirage, and this tour, but it's good fun. Lot's of energy, and a slightly longer guitar solo.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EnchantedStorms
I didn't have any idea, until just a couple of years ago....(actually, I think it was when I got my computer three yrs. ago)...that "Holiday Road was a Lindsey song
I was totally surprised too when I found out that Holiday Road was Lindsey's song. I've seen that movie so many times and I liked the theme song but I never thought about who sang the song.
Old 11-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default songs

The ONLY two songs I actually knew were FM songs before the Dance were Gypsy and Little Lies, Gypsy for the video (was sooo disappointed when it wasn't on the Dance), and Little Lies b/c of incessent radio play. However I did know of, and lliked, their music, just had no clue who the band was. Wait let me revise that I also remember BTM, not the best FM album to relate to the group, but I remember when my dad bought it and played it in the car. Funny thing though when I got TVBOFM album the song Seven Wonders came on and I just started singing to it, considering we don't have Tango and that song hasn't been on the radio in ages I guess I just remember it from when I was really young, same for Stevies Talk to Me. So subconsiously I've always known their music, just happen to be slightly more aware now.
Old 11-22-2003, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Say You Love Me!

I never heard the song until I watched The Dance and they did it and I was like "I KNOW THAT SOMEWHERE!" I remember hearing it on the radio when I was little. I guess that would be my first exposure to Fleetwood Mac.

I also heard songs like Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way, and Dreams without knowing it was Fleetwood Mac. But I was pretty young then.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hypnotized and Sentimental Journey
Old 11-25-2003, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hypnotized and Sentimental Journey
Sentimental Lady ain't bad either
Old 11-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember thinking that "Gypsy" was just Stevie solo. I also thought "Big Love" was Lindsey solo. I guess mine aren't that far from the truth!