User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-07-2019, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The most interesting time may have been between the end of the inauguration (when they were all "whisked off," Stevie said) and the call from Stevie to Lindsey to produce Twisted.
Given Stevie's dislike for Lindsey (and perhaps vice versa), I don't understand how "Twisted" happened at all. Was it perhaps a trial run to see if the two of them could work together before committing to The Dance?

Last edited by cbBen; 01-07-2019 at 11:30 AM..
Old 01-07-2019, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Given Stevie's dislike for Lindsey (and perhaps vice versa), I don't understand how "Twisted" happened at all. Was it perhaps a trial run to see if the two of them could work together before committing to The Dance?
I think Stevie was a different person at that point. She was relatively fresh out of rehab for the second time, and coming off of a commercially and critically disappointing album (Street Angel). All of her old insecurities were at play, making her much more open to working with Lindsey - the guy who'd previously polished her lumps of coal into diamonds.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I have a SN/LB relationship with an ex. After we broke up, we fought another 2 years. Just to keep fighting.. then we didn't talk.. Then I moved on and found someone amazing. And he got a great job and toured with a company. Then we said we'd always be there no matter what... Then we got into even bigger fights after he was over the fact that I had a boyfriend going on 10 years. . until finally... I completely blocked him from everything.

14 years later, if I see him (which isn't often) we pretend the other isn't in the room.

So stuff like Twisted can happen because the roller coaster of hate is in full swing. Sometimes, we keep someone close so we can keep hurting them. Sometimes we remember the good times and try and re-live them.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

During her “Landslide” dedication to him on the last BTM show in 1990, she said that she hoped he could find it in his heart to work with her again someday.

By 1996, her career was in the crapper, his career was in the crapper, the band without them (or Christine on tour) was in the crapper, and the industry wanted the Rumours band to pull an Eagles. Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick needed to be able to work together, and this was a good trial. People forget Stevie wasn’t on especially good terms with Mick at the time, either.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-07-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
During her “Landslide” dedication to him on the last BTM show in 1990, she said that she hoped he could find it in his heart to work with her again someday.

By 1996, her career was in the crapper, his career was in the crapper, the band without them (or Christine on tour) was in the crapper, and the industry wanted the Rumours band to pull an Eagles. Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick needed to be able to work together, and this was a good trial. People forget Stevie wasn’t on especially good terms with Mick at the time, either.
I remember. She was quite miffed after the book.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

This was interesting to see. Thanks for boosting it.

Lindsey does seem like he wants to die for most of it. I like how he says something about "no more tension now" with their rehearsals ... if that's "no tension" I can only imagine how the first encounter or two went!

Time is so interesting... this was so long ago now and yet it felt so far into their careers at the time. To think LB was already out of the band for what, 6 years at this point? And yet so much has yet to occur. SO MUCH.

To think Stevie went from such low doldrums, personally and professionally, to now being elected to the RRHOF.

Time is a crazy thing.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I have a SN/LB relationship with an ex. After we broke up, we fought another 2 years. Just to keep fighting.. then we didn't talk.. Then I moved on and found someone amazing. And he got a great job and toured with a company. Then we said we'd always be there no matter what... Then we got into even bigger fights after he was over the fact that I had a boyfriend going on 10 years. . until finally... I completely blocked him from everything.
I have that relationship with an ex too. But I also have a SN/MF relationship with an ex too, where we probably never should have been a couple in the first place but are now fantastic as buddies. Knowing that Stevie and Lindsey should have walked out of each others' lives decades ago not only puts the current situation in the proper light, it makes me grateful that we got so much more than we might have. We got OWTS, we got SYW, we got The Dance....really you can take this way back.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I have that relationship with an ex too. But I also have a SN/MF relationship with an ex too, where we probably never should have been a couple in the first place but are now fantastic as buddies. Knowing that Stevie and Lindsey should have walked out of each others' lives decades ago not only puts the current situation in the proper light, it makes me grateful that we got so much more than we might have. We got OWTS, we got SYW, we got The Dance....really you can take this way back.
Does anyone have a McVie relationship with an ex?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-07-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
"Well, John and I just wouldn't talk, other than the civilities of what key is this song in?"
Old 01-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Yes. After a while of us being together, I realized that he was no longer who he used to be and we both became absolutely sick of each other. When we broke up, things were definitely very awkward for a while, but things eventually cooled down and we get along fine now.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Well, John and I just wouldn't talk, other than the civilities of what key is this song in?"
And then he bought her house and helped her with the bassline on “Love Will Show Us How” while she wrote “The Challenge” about his boat and lent him her keyboards for his solo album.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-07-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
And then he bought her house and helped her with the bassline on “Love Will Show Us How” while she wrote “The Challenge” about his boat and lent him her keyboards for his solo album.
Wait, what? This information is new for me. So explain what all that meant. I did know about the Challange. But, isn't Hawkins on LWSUH
Old 01-07-2019, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By "him" you mean Lindsey?
Old 01-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By "him" you mean Lindsey?
Yep. Here it is...

https://youtu.be/9y5yWJ3K4OM

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-07-2019, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wait, what? This information is new for me. So explain what all that meant. I did know about the Challange. But, isn't Hawkins on LWSUH
George ultimately played bass on it. Typically, the songs are completely flushed out by the time they hit the studio. I don’t know if you heard one of Stevie’s bumpers back in May, but she said they all independently worked out songs/harmonies before going into the studio with the band. Stands to reason the same is true with solo projects, and explains why Stevie didn’t want to work with Lindsey anymore.

THE Stephen Hopkins