Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2019, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Even Mike was already contacted.
How do you know this exactly?

As a big fan of his, I am disappointed he agreed to pretend that they contacted him only after they fired Lindsey (and, to a lesser extent, for agreeing to take Lindsey's job before they did).

His saying that he would have probably been too grief-stricken to say yes had they contacted him any sooner always seemed like a bit much and like something akin to a cover story.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I KNOW I would get sick, she disgusts me (and by God, I used to love her with every fibre of my being). But this totally explains why Mick and Christine were waltzing behinds Stevie's back, yet she went ballistic and tried to pin "smirking" on Lindsey.

It was all a smoke screen folks, plain and simple. What a couple of A**HOLES those 2 are (Stevie and Mick).
There's no way I'd see them without Lindsey(given the circumstances).

Mick will do whatever it takes to appease The Old Goat seat filler.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
mirror mirror
Yeah, I don’t call people with different views Mick, Neil, Karen, Kristen, etc.

Quote:
Stevie refused to work on FM album in 2009, 2010, 2012, and 2014. so singling out 2016 and especially 2017 makes no sense.
The band was touring in 2009, she recorded a solo album in 2010, extended a solo tour in 2012, and did a contractual obligation album in 2014, however, the obvious difference is Christine wasn’t around in 09, 10, and 12, and Stevie made it known that an album without Christine was a nonstarter. I don’t agree with her decision and am disappointed by it, but she didn’t want to do an album with Lindsey. That was clearly something she didn’t enjoy. Why invest the time and energy on what she considered diminishing returns?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-16-2019, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
And this is what still kills me about the situation. All these machinations going on behind the scenes for an extended period of time, and then when Chris finally finds out she just ducks her head down and toes the line. I want to shake her by the shoulders and scream, "Don't you see there's a reason they didn't tell you? That they went behind your back? They don't trust you! Are these people you really want to work with?"

I think it's very possible John knew something was happening, even if he was not privy to the specifics. Otherwise, he would have just stated that he, like Christine, had no idea.

From what I've seen on Lindsey's Instagram stories (I guess they're technically just screenshots from Twitter), he's open to working with Chris again and I'm glad about that. But on a personal level, part of me still doesn't understand why he'd trust her enough to want to. It's the same part of me that doesn't understand why Chris is still on this ridiculous tour, seeing as how her band mates don't trust her either.

This is why I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Lindsey let out that piece of information on his lawsuit about John's illness and how they wanted to replace him during the last tour.

Same about Christine. Even though I'd love for them to work together again, I still can't shake that distrust feeling I have about her.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey told me in the Concord M&G that he found out "they have been lying to him since last year", which means 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
the actual decision to oust LB was definitely in the fall 2017, as his RS interview and lawsuit details.

once BuckVie album was out, that was it for Nicks. i guess the rest of the 2017 was Mick wrangling promoters and managers to figure out how to pull it (you know that didn't happen in 2 days between Musicares and Azoff phone call!).
Well, I’m the one who has been saying for a long time that I suspected the actual decision was made shortly after Classic East.

Quote:
if Mick REALLY cared about FM as opposed to just money in his pocket, he should have been working on making sure band members reconcile vs letting some of them act like spoiled senile people.
The way Mick talked about doing stuff from the early years, I’m not sure that he didn’t have a chip on his shoulder, too.

Quote:
they just held up through Musicares to stage some kind of "now you've done it" bs.
Absolutely. In fact, I bet Stevie intentionally pushed his buttons to cause a blowout so that she could “give an ultimatum.”

Quote:
remember, a lot of this info came from Mike Campbell / Heartbreakers camp as well as people talking to Mick, among other sources. LB's lawsuit just confirmed most of what we knew already.
But, there are still unanswered questions.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-16-2019, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone please give more info on what was said by Mike Campbell or his people?
Old 01-16-2019, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Can someone please give more info on what was said by Mike Campbell or his people?
It was a photographer named Joe Compton who was the photographer for The Heartbreakers for over 30 years. He basically said that there was a big fight after MusiCares, that Stevie gave the band an ultimatum, and that Mike was going to be the next guitarist. He later said that a second guitarist and singer was being added.

He also called the Dirty Knobs a great bar band and said less than flattering things about Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-16-2019, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The more I think about their actions (especially Stevie's) the more disgusted I am by all of them. How they acted behind his back. They were supposed to be family, but then I have seen this happening in many families.

I applaud you for having the guts to go to one of their shows. I'd probably get sick the minute I see Stevie acting all innocent and celestial.
Agree with this.

Fleetwood Mac ending in this mess is fitting in a way considering the amount of upheaval they've had as a band.

But I just thought the fact all bar Lindsey are now in their 70s, they'd think about it a bit more? They won't be around for much longer. I can't believe someone (apart from Lindsey) didn't think about getting everyone around the table to thrash it out.

The sorry affair has killed any affection I had for Stevie. She stopped both a farewell album and your happening, for her own selfish reasons.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It was a photographer named Joe Compton who was the photographer for The Heartbreakers for over 30 years. He basically said that there was a big fight after MusiCares, that Stevie gave the band an ultimatum, and that Mike was going to be the next guitarist. He later said that a second guitarist and singer was being added.

He also called the Dirty Knobs a great bar band and said less than flattering things about Lindsey.
I was under the impression that he gave info on the fact that this whole thing was in the works BEFORE musicares.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was under the impression that he gave info on the fact that this whole thing was in the works BEFORE musicares.
That's the $64,000 question. Does anyone have solid evidence beyond mere assertions and speculation?
Old 01-17-2019, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
That's the $64,000 question. Does anyone have solid evidence beyond mere assertions and speculation?
Not really. All that is known is what is out there and people are coming up with theories, assertions, speculations based on it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-17-2019, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was. They fired Lindsey (because we all agree he was fired, right? No speculations/assumptions/whatever here) two days after Musicares, so yeah, it's impossible that they planned Lindsey's firing and replacement in 48 hours. Unless he did something so horrible that they decided to fire him that night. And after all that was said and done along this year (especially on Lindsey's camp) I seriously doubt Stevie and Mick would be such good friends to be quiet about what he did. They have nothing against him. That's why they're so quiet.

BuckVie was the beginning. That was I and many here were told.

I was told Mike was contacted by Mick and Stevie before Lindsey was fired. That doesn't mean it's true. But it also doesn't mean it's false.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 01-17-2019, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is why I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Lindsey let out that piece of information on his lawsuit about John's illness and how they wanted to replace him during the last tour.

Same about Christine. Even though I'd love for them to work together again, I still can't shake that distrust feeling I have about her.
I think part of it is strategy on Lindsey's side. Right now she would appear to be the only one IN the band that is communicating to some degree with him. She may be the only way he has to hear what the discussions within the band are, or to at least get a sense of them. I kind of wonder if that's why he mentioned her email publicly-- just to needle some of them that he IS hearing what's being said/done amongst the band members.

Neale is with them, and I would imagine they must have some comms as well though Neale would obviously want to be discreet about it. But the band can't be shocked he may still talk to Lindsey. And there are probably other guys around the band / on the crew who talk to LB and give him scoop, but he's not going to announce that publicly.

Plus, in spite of the personal emotional aspect of all this, it is something of a chess game, professionally. Each side has their agenda in how they want the public to perceive themselves and the other side. So LB is being careful to come across as being reasonable and calm as a way of not giving Stevie, Mick and whoever else any ammunition to point to and say, "See how he is? That's why we couldn't continue working with him." Because right now the majority of casual fans and general public only know him from what they've seen of him in his interviews about this whole situation, and he's kept it all on an even keel, and been very, very careful in choosing his words. He also was more neutral in his comments whilst the lawsuit was being negotiated, for the same reasons. It was only after the settlement that he ticked it up a notch and added in some digs about maybe Stevie is upset that he's got a happy family and she's only got her career and such. He's no dummy. He can be very cunning when necessary, and I think in the cunning department he can certainly outwit Mick who will eventually inevitably trip over his own tongue.

Stevie probably would too except all the handlers around her are keeping her locked away from the press. I mean, this has to be the absolute longest we've ever gone with no interviews or whatever from her. Her only comments have been related to her RRHOF nom and then her acceptance. And even those read like pretty scripted PR statements. She gave like zero interviews throughout the tour, when normally she'd be talking to press in every city. Again they obviously weren't going to let any of them talk to the press while the lawsuit was on, but nothing since either. They want to push it to the background, knowing the press gets bored easily and with no new fuel in the fire from her, it will either just naturally fade away or make LB look foolish by keep bringing it up.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I think part of it is strategy on Lindsey's side. Right now she would appear to be the only one IN the band that is communicating to some degree with him. She may be the only way he has to hear what the discussions within the band are, or to at least get a sense of them. I kind of wonder if that's why he mentioned her email publicly-- just to needle some of them that he IS hearing what's being said/done amongst the band members.

Neale is with them, and I would imagine they must have some comms as well though Neale would obviously want to be discreet about it. But the band can't be shocked he may still talk to Lindsey. And there are probably other guys around the band / on the crew who talk to LB and give him scoop, but he's not going to announce that publicly.
Strategy, strategy.

Quote:
Plus, in spite of the personal emotional aspect of all this, it is something of a chess game, professionally. Each side has their agenda in how they want the public to perceive themselves and the other side. So LB is being careful to come across as being reasonable and calm as a way of not giving Stevie, Mick and whoever else any ammunition to point to and say, "See how he is? That's why we couldn't continue working with him." Because right now the majority of casual fans and general public only know him from what they've seen of him in his interviews about this whole situation, and he's kept it all on an even keel, and been very, very careful in choosing his words. He also was more neutral in his comments whilst the lawsuit was being negotiated, for the same reasons. It was only after the settlement that he ticked it up a notch and added in some digs about maybe Stevie is upset that he's got a happy family and she's only got her career and such. He's no dummy. He can be very cunning when necessary, and I think in the cunning department he can certainly outwit Mick who will eventually inevitably trip over his own tongue.
He's being very careful with his words. And he knows which buttons to push when it comes to Stevie. Marriage, kids, kids, kids. Happiness and all that jazz. He's way too obvious.

Quote:
Stevie probably would too except all the handlers around her are keeping her locked away from the press. I mean, this has to be the absolute longest we've ever gone with no interviews or whatever from her. Her only comments have been related to her RRHOF nom and then her acceptance. And even those read like pretty scripted PR statements. She gave like zero interviews throughout the tour, when normally she'd be talking to press in every city. Again they obviously weren't going to let any of them talk to the press while the lawsuit was on, but nothing since either. They want to push it to the background, knowing the press gets bored easily and with no new fuel in the fire from her, it will either just naturally fade away or make LB look foolish by keep bringing it up.
And during that RS interview she specifically avoided any question about Lindsey. Well, more like the journalist was instructed to not ask anything about it.

I honestly think he should stop talking about FM for now and concentrate on his solo tour and his new album. But then I don't know if he personally runs all those accounts on Twitter/IG.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick’s drum tech is married to Lindsey’s niece if I’m not mistaken so I’m sure that very interesting relationship provides at least one avenue of communication of what goes on during the tour to LB.

With respect to Lindsey’s social media, aside from his wife stating it was all him, I get pretty convinced it’s really him simply based on how verbose some of the tweets are. They’re vintage Lindsey at times!