The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact is that people can be classless cads irregardless of how hard someone works and great they look. No question this person who decided it was appropriate to scream out dumb stuff at this show was a moron who was either too drunk or insecure his/her self.

The other fact is people just can NOT handle curves sometimes. They're gorgeous and incredibly sexy and it seems a lot of people, especially other females, are intimidated by them- particularly when they're well-adorned and proportionately displayed. Stevie is a 60+ lady who has lived an exciting life and has earned every single pound of her curvage and it suits her frame well. She isn't "fat" and those inane comments, in my opinion, probably go over her head. I doubt she would put stake into some nobody screaming negative crap at her as much as all the people who give her standing Os, mimic her every move, and absolutely cherish her. With all the good comes bad and I'm pretty sure she knows that.

Still, it sucks when people are so dumb. I agree.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 12-14-2009 at 12:04 AM..
Old 12-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If, when I'm 61, I look as good as Stevie does, I'll be pretty effing pleased. She's gorgeous!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
If, when I'm 61, I look as good as Stevie does, I'll be pretty effing pleased. She's gorgeous!
I think Stevie is very attractive, but I'm more into how my own parents look at their age. They're in incredible shape and look about 15 years younger than 61 and 59.

And Susan Sarandon is in her mid-60s and I am shocked at how stunning she is. I personally find her gorgeous.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It all boils down to having good manners and not being rude. Yeah we buy their tickets and do have some stake in the band but that doesn't give us the right to stand before them and yell out rude and hurtful comments to them and maybe she does have thick skin and she's rich and famous but comments like that are still hurtful and she's still human. And why would you shell out 150 bucks just to go yell at them like that instead of just enjoying the show? I'm just hoping crowd noise drowned the offending person out.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
It all boils down to having good manners and not being rude. Yeah we buy their tickets and do have some stake in the band but that doesn't give us the right to stand before them and yell out rude and hurtful comments to them and maybe she does have thick skin and she's rich and famous but comments like that are still hurtful and she's still human. And why would you shell out 150 bucks just to go yell at them like that instead of just enjoying the show? I'm just hoping crowd noise drowned the offending person out.
I saw Lindsey solo at the House of Blues in Chicago in 2007 and when he was doing the intro/explanation to (I think) Castaway Dreams or Big Love all of these people in the back of the theatre, seated at the bar, were being extremely rambunctious and loud. Very loud. Anyway, Lindsey was about 1 minute into that looooonnng intro and he just stopped in the middle of it and looked in the back and said, "Whatever" and started playing. He was visibly pissed.

Now, I personally understand that there is absolutely no reason to be rude and shout things or talk over artists, but SN ignored it and Lindsey bit his tongue, and well...the show went on. I don't think there really is anything that can be done to stop these imbeciles before they start doing things...as long as alcohol is served, as long as loud music is played, there is going to be some form of madness. The artist has to, at some point, shut that out and move on.

But I'm not saying this because I think it's wrong to complain. I totally feel everyone's anger, and I was mad for LB being disrespected. I am saying, though, that it does happen and it's nothing new or anything that is going away soon.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It still amazes me people would pay 150 bucks to attend a show just to bitch and yell obscenities the entire time. Most people stay home and voice their disgust. I find it rude and there's no excuse for it.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Registered

Considering only about 60% of the people who attended this show used a paid ticket, there's a pretty good chance that the heckler used a freebie.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
It still amazes me people would pay 150 bucks to attend a show just to bitch and yell obscenities the entire time. Most people stay home and voice their disgust. I find it rude and there's no excuse for it.
Maybe the person didn't end up getting what they expected? If I paid $150+ tax/fees and didn't get what I was hoping for, I wouldn't be too happy either.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh no doubt there have been some valid gripes from people concerning this tour and from Stevie's past CV tour but in the end they're still human and have ears and sound travels so you can't be rude ever. I believe most diehard Mac and SN fans read up about shows and follow reviews before heading out to see a show live today. If they don't feel like they're getting (or going to get) their 150 dollars worth, they shouldn't pay in the first place. And at this point I don't think your show in Iowa is going to be "special" and they're suddenly gonna bust out with Sisters Of The Moon or anything so don't feel let down and in this day and age there's too much prior knowledge about whats going on at shows from the internet before you shell out high ticket prices. Alcohol or not, I still find it rude of people to act up at shows.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Last night I sat up watching F/Mac Unleashed tour dvd, Madison New York 11/6/09, with the sound up pretty loud headphones on, just after Landslide finished , it was kinda quiet when someone in the crowd yelled out Stevie's name, then this drunken jerk yelled out at the top of her voice = Stevie is soooo F###ING Fat & how old is she 61?, then a fan started clapping really loud to drown out any further rude remarks, by the look on Stevie's face she heard everything, firstly I was very shocked, my heart ached for Stevie, then I hoped that someone in the audience had killed that person!!!!!
I cant wait only 2 days before Brisbane concert, 3rd row Yeeeeehaaa!!!!!!!
ME TOO! 2 DAYS TO GO!! (one FULL day of craptastic work, and then a day of travel and relaxation and EXCITEMENT and then that night...FM! FM! FM!) I'm also in the 3rd row. What seat are you!? LOL I think and HOPE I'm on the left (Stevie). Are you bringing anything for Stevie? To give to her, etc?

Oh, and I HATE people who are SO RUDE and inconsiderate. WHY COME TO THE SHOW IF YOU HAVE SO LITTLE RESPECT FOR THE PERFORMERS?!

Anyway...I think Stevie will be ok. But it does annoy me greatly that she's already had to go through all that years ago with the weight gain / Klonopin etc, and now...you know...*sigh* It just saddens me. I'm annoyed also that that person who was rude and stupid took up a seat that a REAL fan could have really wanted.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
I purchased 2 Unleashed concert's New York & LA, some guy in the audience videotaped both shows, viewing big screen it's very clear & the sound is ok, he sell's them for around $10, I also have US Fest & Mirage LA '83 there awesome!!! that I bought from that same guy.. he has heaps of Unleashed dvds playing in other states in the USA & Stevie's Solo concerts too!!!
This NYC show is from June? I was there and I would love to have it on DVD. Can you PM me the info? Thanks.
As for rude people at concerts there are always going to be a few. I do think it's awful to make remarks about the artist's looks. Imagine if someone yelled out to Lindsey "hey getting bald there" If being fat and bald is a reason you don't feel you are getting your money's worth I think that is very sad.
They are musicians not models.
At one of the shows earlier in the tour there were these 2 ladies who were all "oh Stevie we love you". Yet when Stevie was singing Storms these 2 sat down and were loudly discussing flat ironing their hair. This was like second row directly in front of Stevie. I guess they didn't love her that much. It takes all kinds.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I guess I have a weird point of view. If I pay $150++ just to see somebody for 2 hours, they can put up with whatever crap I chose to give them. After all, Fleetwood Mac isn't paying to see US, it's the other way around. Now where I think drunken obnoxious concert goers really cross the line is when they disturb fellow concert goers. After all, the people all around them shelled out the same money. Seriously guys, if Stevie were a delicate flower who couldn't take insults, she woulda packed it up and left Hollywood decades ago.

My point in all this is: don't get pissed off at drunken patrons for upsetting the band... get angry because they're ruining your experience!
Old 12-14-2009, 03:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

^^^
Your post reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld where he has to put up with a heckler. After talking to George he then goes down to her office to give her a taste of her own medicine. The result of course is not good.
We all have our opinions but it's nothing to lose a pinky toe over.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
^^^
Your post reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld where he has to put up with a heckler. After talking to George he then goes down to her office to give her a taste of her own medicine. The result of course is not good.
We all have our opinions but it's nothing to lose a pinky toe over.
I'm just debating for the sake of debating to begin with That being said...

.... I think I'd be much more upset if somebody was heckling a member of the band during or following a new song. To me, that's crossing a line. An artist is really vulnerable when exposing a new piece of art to the world. And God knows, we wouldn't want to jeopardize any new Mac material, because we get so precious little of it. But we're talking about the 500 Billionth recital of Landslide here... bring on the hecklers!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

What with all the ear monitors & plugs she wears, Stevie probably misheard the drunk say, "Stevie looks ****ing fab at 61!"

If Stevie did hear it correctly, it didn't get to her too much. She'd smile graciously all the while thinking to herself, "Words don't matter at all; and thanks for your $150."

Here are some sage words of advice from a very poignant and relevant song, "You take the good, you take the bad. You take them both and there you have...the Facts Of Life."