Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Audience Jerks Unleashed tour

Last night I sat up watching F/Mac Unleashed tour dvd, Madison New York 11/6/09, with the sound up pretty loud headphones on, just after Landslide finished , it was kinda quiet when someone in the crowd yelled out Stevie's name, then this drunken jerk yelled out at the top of her voice = Stevie is soooo F###ING Fat & how old is she 61?, then a fan started clapping really loud to drown out any further rude remarks, by the look on Stevie's face she heard everything, firstly I was very shocked, my heart ached for Stevie, then I hoped that someone in the audience had killed that person!!!!!
I cant wait only 2 days before Brisbane concert, 3rd row Yeeeeehaaa!!!!!!!

Last edited by Aussie W/Heart; 12-13-2009 at 09:03 PM..
Old 12-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I know I'll be on the minority with this... but celebrities always surround themselves with nothing but "yes people," and folks who will tell them they can do no wrong. It might be good for celebs to hear the truth from time to time... no matter how ugly it might be. I wouldn't worry about Stevie too much... she's a tough old broad.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this on tape?
Old 12-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What an awful b****...I wonder what she looks like
Old 12-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Last night I sat up watching F/Mac Unleashed tour dvd, Madison New York 11/6/09, with the sound up pretty loud headphones on, just after Landslide finished , it was kinda quiet when someone in the crowd yelled out Stevie's name, then this drunken jerk yelled out at the top of her voice = Stevie is soooo F###ING Fat & how old is she 61?, then a fan started clapping really loud to drown out any further rude remarks, by the look on Stevie's face she heard everything, firstly I was very shocked, my heart ached for Stevie, then I hoped that someone in the audience had killed that person!!!!!
I cant wait only 2 days before Brisbane concert, 3rd row Yeeeeehaaa!!!!!!!
That's a bit extreme.
The person was rude and obnoxious for sure, and there's people like that everywhere. Stevie isn't thin by any means, but she looks lovely for her age and everything she wears is tailored beautifully for her body. I don't think her feelings were hurt by some anonymous idiot in the audience who goes to incredible rock concerts to drink and shout stupid stuff.

She's been through some stuff that merits far more of an emotional response than this. This is more like wave-of-the-hand-"please" stuff.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 12-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah maybe slightly over the top [ like Killing her] or maybe someone could of grounded her toes into the floor boards then!!!

Last edited by Aussie W/Heart; 12-13-2009 at 11:30 PM..
Old 12-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know...after all the body issues she had after the weight she gained when on Klonopin, I think this might be one of the few things that could get to her.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a classic example of low class people. Why would you get drunk when you are lucky enough to be at a Fleetwood Mac concert?

Stupid!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristochango View Post
this on tape?
I purchased 2 Unleashed concert's New York & LA, some guy in the audience videotaped both shows, viewing big screen it's very clear & the sound is ok, he sell's them for around $10, I also have US Fest & Mirage LA '83 there awesome!!! that I bought from that same guy.. he has heaps of Unleashed dvds playing in other states in the USA & Stevie's Solo concerts too!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I know I'll be on the minority with this... but celebrities always surround themselves with nothing but "yes people," and folks who will tell them they can do no wrong. It might be good for celebs to hear the truth from time to time... no matter how ugly it might be. I wouldn't worry about Stevie too much... she's a tough old broad.
What does this have to do with the initial post? She is not fat...and yes she is 61 but why is that relevant? She readily admits to her age all the time. I think everyone...celebrity or not...could deal with a good dose of reality from time to time.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sorry, but Stevie being a celebrity has NOTHING to do with this. Its a question being good and decent, treating people with respect, and not being mean and hateful. I think behavior like that is disgusting...and I just don't get making excuses for people who act that way.

Last edited by GypsyBlueEyes; 12-13-2009 at 10:53 PM..
Old 12-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Why would Stevie need someone to tell her she looks overweight and is 61? She's already terribly self-conscious about her weight, even if she has no cause to be and she certainly knows how old she is.

I agree that people need to hear the constructive truth from someone outside of their own entourage, but that's not an example of frank remarks from which she should not be shielded.

If someone had yelled out to her that her setlist was stale, I'd agree with you. But the comments at issue were just rude and intended to be so. They weren't an attempt at needed criticism.

Michele

Michele
Old 12-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
What does this have to do with the initial post? She is not fat...and yes she is 61 but why is that relevant? She readily admits to her age all the time. I think everyone...celebrity or not...could deal with a good dose of reality from time to time.
A reality check???? In front of 1000's of people, I don't think so!!! Stevie does not need a reality check!!! she is Not fat she is always beautifully dressed & looks fabulous at 61... After performing 86 concerts to millions of fans around the world in 2009 that too is amazing...
Old 12-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The reality is, Stevie makes her living from these concerts. If somebody shells out $150 to see the band, and thinks Stevie looks fat, shouldn't they be able to say it? When you sign up for fame, you sign up for the good, bad, and ugly. Stevie's been rich and famous for 4 decades, I don't feel bad for her. And if she hasn't developed a thick skin in 4 decades of fame, then pigs are flying out my tush . You could almost argue it's in Stevie's job description to live up to her sex symbol role (if you doubt she's still a sex symbol in her 60s, watch How Still My Love from Stevie's Soundstage DVD). Yes, that was a crass, horrible thing for somebody to say. That person clearly has no class, or regard for other peoples feelings. But in the end, every single one of us who buys Fleetwood Mac tickets and albums has some sort of ownership into the band. Without us buying their wares, they wouldn't exist. And if we don't agree with their wares, then shouldn't we let it be known?

And by the way, in case y'all haven't figured it out in the past decade I've been here, I LOVE to play Devil's Advocate! I don't always agree with what I post... I just like to wring people's brains out and see how they think!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Why would Stevie need someone to tell her she looks overweight and is 61? She's already terribly self-conscious about her weight, even if she has no cause to be and she certainly knows how old she is.

I agree that people need to hear the constructive truth from someone outside of their own entourage, but that's not an example of frank remarks from which she should not be shielded.

If someone had yelled out to her that her setlist was stale, I'd agree with you. But the comments at issue were just rude and intended to be so. They weren't an attempt at needed criticism.

Michele
Agreed. You guys have to keep in mind that as a celebrity, Stevie has been on a pedastal her entire life and that isn't going to change anytime soon. I think that she is probably more acutely aware of her physical faults than many of us are with our own, and she sure as hell can't ignore them as easily as we can. In truth, she is 61: healthy, beautiful, successful, confident-- and 61. She has not used the magical skinny drug for decades, and yet everyone's idea of Stevie's "perfect weight" is totally ****ed up because of her use. She is obviously suffering through some physical repercussions of age (potentially arthritis, back problems, etc) and it cannot be easy to stay thin while enduring that.

So really, yeah. Stevie is not at her ideal weight, and I would love to see her thinner as long as she was also happier and healthier. But I truly believe that she is doing everything she can about it at this point in time. She still radiates and she still sings for us-- and for the ignorant assholes who scream remarks like that at her. Thats really all this is-- total ignorance on that fan's part, and I'm sorry that she recieved such a misplaced reminder... of something I am SURE bothers her enough without those comments.

Just listen to the woman sing. It's not that hard.